Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[email protected] discontinued: Other options for help?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2023, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
[email protected] discontinued: Other options for help?

Hi all, over the last 5 years or so I've had great success doing things like requesting and procuring refunds for changed or cancelled Lifemiles bookings, and retrieving partner reservation codes in order to say, request seat selections. However, my most recent request bounced and forwarded me a link to their help center which seems useless for retrieving the partner reservation codes at least. Do I have to call in for these requests from now on, or is there another way?
Old Jun 27, 2023, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Marriott
I also found the "help" center to be useless.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 7:37 am

Programs: Lifemiles, Marriott Titanium,
bumping this up as this is becoming issues for those who are doing manual bookings. Anyone successfully completed manual booking thru the help center link?
Old Jul 31, 2023, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Painful as it may be... you'll have to call 'em on the phone
Old Jul 31, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: Lifemiles, Marriott Titanium,
I did call them again today. He couldnt see the availability that I could see. He did let me know where to put the info for manual booking. I filled out the form under claim on the website. Lets see if they even get back to me.
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

I wouldn't hold my breath... I've never once gotten them to successfully ticket anything by form/email that wasn't displayed on the website.

Live by Lifemiles, Die by Lifemiles!
Old Aug 2, 2023, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
I wouldn't hold my breath... I've never once gotten them to successfully ticket anything by form/email that wasn't displayed on the website.

Live by Lifemiles, Die by Lifemiles!
I've had numerous multi-leg tickets done by email over the last 3 years. Routes such as BKK-MUC-JFK, BKK-NRT-ORD, MCO-ORD-NRT. Hope there is a new method to get these done since I've only booked 1 multi-leg ticket online in the last 3 years..
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 11:17 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
Web site doesn't work, no way to book via email, this is what happened just before Jet Airways shut down. Is LifeMiles insolvent?
Old Aug 14, 2023, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP IHG Diamond Marriott Gold Hilton Diamond
This is incredibly frustrating. Same experience. Email no longer works. They even wrote me and said they were going to deactivate it soon. Sent to website for no-response "claim." Phone agents unable to help. Does anyone know if you book one segment on the website and then call in within 24 hours, can the agents manually add a segment? without incurring a change fee? This itinerary hits the USA, so should be subject to DOT 24 hour rule.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 6:44 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by worldtraveler303
This is incredibly frustrating. Same experience. Email no longer works. They even wrote me and said they were going to deactivate it soon. Sent to website for no-response "claim." Phone agents unable to help. Does anyone know if you book one segment on the website and then call in within 24 hours, can the agents manually add a segment? without incurring a change fee? This itinerary hits the USA, so should be subject to DOT 24 hour rule.
Spoke with a LM CS agent who confirmed that Manual Award Bookings will no longer be offered - in other words, if it does not show in a LM search result, you are SOL.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by arfaczar
Spoke with a LM CS agent who confirmed that Manual Award Bookings will no longer be offered - in other words, if it does not show in a LM search result, you are SOL.
We need more data points on this. Even before, the agents at the Call Center seems to have no idea of the tools that the [email protected] agents had and the ability to make manual bookings. I had multiple agents tell me this was impossible. So if you mean that you spoke with a CS agent at the call center, I don't find this reliable.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 3:03 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by carlosiah
We need more data points on this. Even before, the agents at the Call Center seems to have no idea of the tools that the [email protected] agents had and the ability to make manual bookings. I had multiple agents tell me this was impossible. So if you mean that you spoke with a CS agent at the call center, I don't find this reliable.
Ask five LifeMiles customer service representatives the same question, expect five different answers.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 11:54 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Spoke with a rep over the phone.

Told me to use the help center under "claim" and then complaints.

Messaged them few days ago regarding a manual booking but no reply.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 3:32 pm

This is terrible news. I would sometimes still buy miles if there's a near-term use, but won't do it again, would rather pay more miles on another *A carrier than gamble with LM.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I needed to change dates on a partner award date today. The website pushes you to a chatbot, which is useless.

I just called their 800 number, and after a 4-5 minute wait, got a human. Pretty easy, overall, once you get a person. $150 change fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.