Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Unable to Cancel Club Lifemiles Subscription

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2020, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

I have an existing club lifemiles subscription and am unable to cancel it. Every option option to buy miles (multiply / turbo / buy / transfer) works properly on the phone and the website. But when i try to go to Club Lifemiles and cancel it just keeps on giving a loading message. I've tried from multiple browsers , devices to no avail. Avianca's customer care is really helpless and despite giving advance notice of around 20 days i ended up getting debited again for the monthly subscription.

Is anyone else facing the same issue ? Any tips will be greatly appreciated.
Old May 17, 2020, 9:51 am

Programs: Lifemiles, Marriott Titanium,
I have the same issu. After talking to the rep on the phone I was advised to send email to lifemiles with the screenshot trying to access the club lifemiles. I received confirmation yesterday below... Now I have to wait.Cordial Greetings :

We've escalated this matter to our internal department, as soon as we get a response, we'll let you know through this means.

Have in mind that, given the current situation, our personnel has been reduced and thus, we're not able to provide you a specific time frame to get a response, nor assure you that your Plan will be cancelled before the next monthly fee payment.

Thank you for your time and comprehension.

Old May 17, 2020, 11:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Keep a copy of that note and use it for a credit card chargeback should the fee be charged.
Old May 17, 2020, 9:44 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
The easiest way is to delete the credit card from your account. It will fail to bill it and eventually cancel your subscription. This has been my only method of accessing a way to change the payment card for club lifemiles so I've done it several times.
Old May 19, 2020, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
The easiest way is to delete the credit card from your account. It will fail to bill it and eventually cancel your subscription. This has been my only method of accessing a way to change the payment card for club lifemiles so I've done it several times.
Same with Clube Smiles of GOL. It's a nightmare to cancel it so an inactive CC is the best choice.
Old May 22, 2020, 6:35 am
Original Poster

That's a lot for the suggestions. I cancelled my credit card from their system. Got an email from them today stating that their backend team had rectified the issue after a whole month and i was able to cancel my subscription as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.