Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca Amigo membership

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by renners
the printed card worked for me as well (tested in 4 different lounges so far).
I had a nice E-Mail chat with Avianca Brasil about the card and they told me that they will be send out in 1-2 weeks (even if I don't count any flight as with Gold status you will get the card anyway).
Interesting. Thanks for the update!
Old Jan 15, 2016, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I didn't even have to print the card, had a screenshot on my phone and got into the SN lounge in BRU and AC lounge in YUL without any problems.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Mict
I didn't even have to print the card, had a screenshot on my phone and got into the SN lounge in BRU and AC lounge in YUL without any problems.
That's great. This is very useful info. I'm planning to use the printout/screenshot I have put on my phone aswell. Luckily I generated it some time ago already, as the one you can get now is utterly useless and suspicious, because the letters on the card overlap to a certain degree. This was not the case before they tried to "enhance" the information on the card.

Snacky

Last edited by Snacky; Jan 16, 2016 at 4:44 am
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by renners
the printed card worked for me as well (tested in 4 different lounges so far). I had a nice E-Mail chat with Avianca Brasil about the card and they told me that they will be send out in 1-2 weeks (even if I don't count any flight as with Gold status you will get the card anyway).
This is good news. Did they promise to send a card only to you, upon your specific request, or did they mean to send out cards to all elites, statusmatched or not? Besides that, I wonder how long it will take to receive a card in the mail from halfway round the world ...

Snacky
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:14 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Snacky
This is good news. Did they promise to send a card only to you, upon your specific request, or did they mean to send out cards to all elites, statusmatched or not? Besides that, I wonder how long it will take to receive a card in the mail from halfway round the world ...

Snacky
I requested a card sent via the diamond email address a month ago but no reply

Sent in a request for my daughter to be matched nov 30. Dec 29 they replied that need to send in attachement again did that same day but still nothing... They still seem to be overwhelmed...
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:15 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
It's great that the printout/screenshots of the card are being accepted.

Has anybody been able to gain lounge access with the card whilst crediting miles for the flight to another programme?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 6:10 am

Yes: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26022168-post194.html
Old Jan 16, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Thanks klausa, for some reason I missed that!

Originally Posted by klausa
I've flown with LH and UA using my O6 and CM *G and crediting to M&M without any problems.
Should be interesting trying to get into the Lufthansa Lounges with A3 on the boarding pass. I read somewhere that the LH group doesn't like this being done.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by headingwest

Should be interesting trying to get into the Lufthansa Lounges with A3 on the boarding pass. I read somewhere that the LH group doesn't like this being done.
I have done it few times at FRA without problems. Next Thursday I am planning doing it at MUC.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by lento
I have done it few times at FRA without problems. Next Thursday I am planning doing it at MUC.
Great! Good to know. I'll be trying TXL next month, so I'm keeping fingers crossed!
Old Jan 17, 2016, 8:57 am

They can dislike it all they want, but as long as there's Star Gold logo outside the doors and you have valid *G credentials they can't turn you away.

When I was at TXL using my O6 credentials the lady was mighty confused about difference between O6 and AV, but I know that LH has updated some of their system to include CM and O6 in there (notably, in October you could add O6 and CM numbers to your reservations, but not at check-in) - so maybe some internal memo about that has been sent out too.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
But is a printed card considered a valid credential for those who are not crediting their trips to o6? Seems alotnof ppl are doing just so. I wont have a issue as I will just credit to O6 since my retro credits failed so I am starting from scratch anyways
Old Jan 17, 2016, 10:08 am

They can dislike it all they want, but as long as there's Star Gold logo outside the doors and you have valid *G credentials they can't turn you away.

When I was at TXL using my O6 credentials the lady was mighty confused about difference between O6 and AV, but I know that LH has updated some of their system to include CM and O6 in there (notably, in October you could add O6 and CM numbers to your reservations, but not at check-in) - so maybe some internal memo about that has been sent out too.
Actually, you are bringing a VERY good point:

STAR ALLIANCE GOLD CUSTOMERS TRAVELLING IN ANY CLASS
As a Star Alliance Gold customer, you have access to any member airline lounge that displays the Star Alliance Gold logo. You will need to present your boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport. If your boarding pass does not carry the Star Alliance Gold indicator, you will need also to show your valid Star Alliance Gold card. You are entitled to a maximum of one guest. If you are a United MileagePlus Star Alliance Gold customer, you may only access the United Clubs within the U.S. when departing from that airport on an international Star Alliance flight.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy

Point and blank. If your BP has *G, no need for a card. It's on *A official web site after all.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 11:27 am

Huh. Interesting.

It does seem kind of ripe for fraud though - with advent of OLCI and Passbook (now Wallet, I guess) boarding passes it's stupidly easy to fake your BP so it indicates *G.

On the other hand, everyone happily takes QR code cards as proof of actually holding the status, and those are even easier to fake...
Old Jan 17, 2016, 11:52 am

Huh. Interesting.

It does seem kind of ripe for fraud though - with advent of OLCI and Passbook (now Wallet, I guess) boarding passes it's stupidly easy to fake your BP so it indicates *G.

On the other hand, everyone happily takes QR code cards as proof of actually holding the status, and those are even easier to fake...
Nowadays its just terrible how card expire before the airlines can provide a new card... Perhaps 24mo status would be better... Obviously with higher qualification

I havent really noticed that one could fake star gold status but often have noticed that my boarding card only says *G but does not show the account number...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.