Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca Amigo membership

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:28 am

It seems like they are already blocking partner award tickets, at least on Copa and United. I would personally stop crediting flights there at least until the dust settles.
Old May 15, 2019, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm getting a database error message when I try to login to Amigo. Is O6 definitely bust?

Is anyone else in the same boat that they still hold Star Gold membership with them?

When JK went bust back in 2012, LH matched the cards, and A3 matched BD when BArb enriched it by acquiring bmi.

This obviously affects a much smaller group than BD or JK, can we expect any kind of rescue by other *A members or a status match, maybe even by LM?

I've reached out to Star and sent a few emails to the usual airlines to see if they are aware and there could be a bespoke offer.
Old May 15, 2019, 5:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by hugolover
I'm getting a database error message when I try to login to Amigo. Is O6 definitely bust?

Is anyone else in the same boat that they still hold Star Gold membership with them?

When JK went bust back in 2012, LH matched the cards, and A3 matched BD when BArb enriched it by acquiring bmi.

This obviously affects a much smaller group than BD or JK, can we expect any kind of rescue by other *A members or a status match, maybe even by LM?

I've reached out to Star and sent a few emails to the usual airlines to see if they are aware and there could be a bespoke offer.
My emails to Amigo have gone unanswered for over a month.

At the end of March, my status was due to drop from Star Gold to Star Silver. About 2 April, it dropped to nothing, then went back to Star Gold on 3 April, back to nothing on 4 April and that's where it's stayed.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well I was still Gold and used it recently (during May) without issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.