Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2014, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SingaporeDon
Originally Posted by Moderator2
Every forum on Flyertalk has a personality. A forum gains a personality through user input over time, and Lifemiles is a very definitive example of how users have developed a unique community.

While Flyertalk boards actively encourage sharing of info, the Lifemiles community has developed and thrived via obscuring of certain data elements. It may not be easy for new participants to break through the codes and gain knowledge of the program's quirks, but the overall board community has adopted this unique approach. And frankly, that is not going to change overnight.

If a FT member wants to participate on this board, then they will need to respect other users. Hence, posts that run counter to this community's standards, will be removed.
Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

LifeMiles' old Star Alliance Award Chart (before Oct 15 2014) // Table of changes

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).

Understand Cabotage: Departing country 1, transiting country 2, returning to country 1 (no stopping) *is* cabotage (example: depart JFK, connect in YYZ to return to ORD, or depart Miami, connect in Bogota, return to San Francisco). On the other hand, departing country 1, going to completely unrelated country 2, and ending up in country 3, is not cabotage. So if you fly JFK-JNB-ZRH, for instance, this is completely not cabotage.

Availability: Seeing availability for *A award seats elsewhere is no guarantee they are accessible on Lifemiles. For instance award space shown on ANA often is not accessible on Lifemiles. Similarly, finding award space on single legs doesn't mean you'll get award space on the combined itinerary. And no, there is no way to overcome that.

Screenshot Method
Send email to [email protected] with attached screenshots on Lifemiles website of each individual leg showing availability. Also, screenshot showing no availability as one booking. Include passenger names, gender and DOB and copy of passenger passport. They will either call you for payment or email the itinerary and give you 3 days to call up and make payment by CC.

NOTE: This previous thread has been closed; it can be read here LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Anyone having any luck with any of the C1-C1 boomerangs? I am only managing routing via C4 which is no fun!
"Luck" is not the best way to go about this. Unfortunately, it seems in the last few days that you have alienated two out of four of the best IT scrape and scan guys on FT, Scibuff and WolfvanWeen. Hope you are still on good terms with the men in Quebec and the Rockies.

1. C1-C1 is not always Cabotage as you correctly say.
However the above mentioned gentlemen know and understand that very well too but their diligent research has led them recommend what they posted.

2. Think Cx-Cy. Notice that x and y are adjacent letters.

A wise and helpful man said exactly this just a few posts ago.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 19, 2014 at 10:22 am
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
"Luck" is not the best way to go about this. Unfortunately, it seems in the last few days that you have alienated two out of four of the best IT scrape and scan guys on FT, Scibuff and WolfvanWeen. Hope you are still on good terms with the men in Quebec and the Rockies.

1. C1-C1 is not always Cabotage as you correctly say.
However the above mentioned gentlemen know and understand that very well too but their diligent research has led them recommend what they posted.

2. Think Cx-Cy. Notice that x and y are adjacent letters.

A wise and helpful man said exactly this just a few posts ago.
How I have missed this thread. I am always amazed how some want things spelt out.

Half the fun is doing the research.

Most people will give you hints but the rest is up to you.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by dewby
Half the fun is doing the research.

Most people will give you hints but the rest is up to you.
More than half the fun is in the research. I don't think I would have read all of this (and it's previous versions) thread if I didn't believe it. Seriously sorry to whomever I alienated, I might have been a bit harsh or stupid in some of my replies I was just fed up with getting tons of PMs after posting something here from people who want the silver platter treatment.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:52 pm
Suspended

More than half the fun is in the research. I don't think I would have read all of this (and it's previous versions) thread if I didn't believe it. Seriously sorry to whomever I alienated, I might have been a bit harsh or stupid in some of my replies I was just fed up with getting tons of PMs after posting something here from people who want the silver platter treatment.
I can assure you that the TWO gentlemen I referred to neither wanted nor needed anything on a silver platter - They actually carry the silver platter. One suggestion ! Can we reset everything and start over and forget the last few days ? While I could be wrong, I have a feeling that PbodyPhoto has the capacity to become a valuable contributor.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 19, 2014 at 7:00 pm
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:59 pm
Suspended

I wish to post about two amazing findings I have had in the last two day but probably need to wait until things settle down a bit. Revealing the originating airports of the itinerary would set off some sensitive nerves.IYKWIM.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:36 pm

Programs: QF LTG
I can assure you that the TWO gentlemen I referred to neither wanted nor needed anything on a silver platter - They actually carry the silver platter. One suggestion ! Can we reset everything and start over and forget the last few days ? While I could be wrong, I have a feeling that PbodyPhoto has the capacity to become a valuable contributor.
I realize the two mentioned are very valuable contributors. I'm sorry if I offended either of them but they are not the ones I meant when I say people want silver platter treatment. I greatly appreciate the offer too start again.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 2:57 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
I wish to post about two amazing findings I have had in the last two day but probably need to wait until things settle down a bit. Revealing the originating airports of the itinerary would set off some sensitive nerves.IYKWIM.
^

Come on. I am drooling already.....
Old Aug 20, 2014, 5:29 am
Suspended

I realize the two mentioned are very valuable contributors. I'm sorry if I offended either of them but they are not the ones I meant when I say people want silver platter treatment. I greatly appreciate the offer too start again.
I think you have demonstrated some class.

You general observation about silver platter is so true but a sad and unavoidable fact.

^
Case in point ?

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 20, 2014 at 5:34 am
Old Aug 20, 2014, 6:06 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club

You general observation about silver platter is so true but a sad and unavoidable fact.

Case in point ?
I lol'd.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:34 am

I missed the party.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 4:31 am

Case in point ?
Not at all. No silver platter for me as i have most.

Always love to hear new codes or ideas. Something always pops up strange on LM. I have shared a few tricks myself and received mutual benefit in return. I still have not even flown one of these wonder routes yet although nearly did when the boomies in f where available almost constantly.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 6:47 am
Suspended

^

OK then - Here we go.

Two non-Island Originating Airports ( maybe More ) located south of equator ( but not Africa) to Europe and Northern North America respectively for a mileage cost equal to 111.80 squared or 141.42 squared if higher class of service.

Before just throwing idea(s) around, please check your map and math carefully. As mentioned above, originating airports are somewhat inconvenient for most people and positioning flights can be very expensive.

No mis-naming or mis-zoning involved.

May require some management of some of the various input variables.

I do not think traditional scanning systems would pick these up because such systems can not automatically and simultanously do multi-originations-to-multi-destinations searches, but I would love to be proven wrong. That is why I am posting.

If this is recognized by anyone please PM ( or better E-mail) for further research. Guess work not appreciated.

For security reasons please do not copy this posting in any public response. Posting is deliberately made during non-business hours and will be taken down later today.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 23, 2014 at 8:06 am
Old Aug 23, 2014, 7:10 am

OK then - Here we go.

Two non-Island Originating Airports ( maybe More ) located south of equator ( but not Africa) to Europe and Northern North America respectively for a mileage cost equal to 111.80 squared or 141.42 squared if higher class of service.

Before just throwing idea(s) around, please check your map and math carefully. As mentioned above, originating airports are somewhat inconvenient for most people and positioning flights can be very expensive.

No mis-naming or mis-zoning involved.

May require some massaging of some of the various input variables.

I do not think traditional scanning systems would pick these up, but would love to be proven wrong. That is why I am posting.

If this is recognized by anyone please PM for further research. Guess work not appreciated.

For security reasons please do not copy this posting in any public response. Posting is deliberately made during non-business hours and will be taken down later today.
Natural unforced boomerangs, delightful.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Two non-Island Originating Airports ( maybe More )
3 more, of which one doesn't work because the search engine errors out (reason unknown). picked up by a script I call LonelyAirports.
Other similar ones above equator, one very well known to most here.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 3:53 pm

Delightful.

Math and numbers easy to work out. The rest requires more sense.

How many PMs have you received?

More please........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.