Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2014, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SingaporeDon
Originally Posted by Moderator2
Every forum on Flyertalk has a personality. A forum gains a personality through user input over time, and Lifemiles is a very definitive example of how users have developed a unique community.

While Flyertalk boards actively encourage sharing of info, the Lifemiles community has developed and thrived via obscuring of certain data elements. It may not be easy for new participants to break through the codes and gain knowledge of the program's quirks, but the overall board community has adopted this unique approach. And frankly, that is not going to change overnight.

If a FT member wants to participate on this board, then they will need to respect other users. Hence, posts that run counter to this community's standards, will be removed.
Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

LifeMiles' old Star Alliance Award Chart (before Oct 15 2014) // Table of changes

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).

Understand Cabotage: Departing country 1, transiting country 2, returning to country 1 (no stopping) *is* cabotage (example: depart JFK, connect in YYZ to return to ORD, or depart Miami, connect in Bogota, return to San Francisco). On the other hand, departing country 1, going to completely unrelated country 2, and ending up in country 3, is not cabotage. So if you fly JFK-JNB-ZRH, for instance, this is completely not cabotage.

Availability: Seeing availability for *A award seats elsewhere is no guarantee they are accessible on Lifemiles. For instance award space shown on ANA often is not accessible on Lifemiles. Similarly, finding award space on single legs doesn't mean you'll get award space on the combined itinerary. And no, there is no way to overcome that.

Screenshot Method
Send email to [email protected] with attached screenshots on Lifemiles website of each individual leg showing availability. Also, screenshot showing no availability as one booking. Include passenger names, gender and DOB and copy of passenger passport. They will either call you for payment or email the itinerary and give you 3 days to call up and make payment by CC.

NOTE: This previous thread has been closed; it can be read here LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:00 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by imverge
OK I'll bite....

FIRST CLASS possible at reduced mileage C2-C3-C1
Interest obviously piqued. Ducks or no ducks?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Interest obviously piqued. Ducks or no ducks?
No ducks for C2-C3-C1
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by zagy
No ducks for C2-C3-C1
Any Merlions?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:15 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by zagy
No ducks for C2-C3-C1
Any Pierre Hermé?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Any Merlions?
Of course not. Think. Who offers first to Avianca?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Any Merlions?
Surely you jest.

Not a very appealing hard product IMO for that one.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by imverge
OK I'll bite....

FIRST CLASS possible at reduced mileage C2-C3-C1
I think I've done this before. The mileage C2-C1 (my final was C1) was marginal compared to a direct C2-C1, but I get to try a new product ^
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:24 pm

Kimchi is delicious.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:24 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Kimchi is delicious.
Oh so cryptic
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Cool

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
Oh so cryptic
I'm going to need lots of PMs to figure it out!

(No PMs please in all honesty)

Though it is a bit sad we are stuck grasping at the last few straws of theoretical value (outside of trying a new product, who really wants to spend that long on a plane even in premium class?).
Old Jan 11, 2015, 6:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Though it is a bit sad we are stuck grasping at the last few straws of theoretical value (outside of trying a new product, who really wants to spend that long on a plane even in premium class?).
So true and so sad.

At least I got the thread jump started. 10 postings in the last 24 hours versus 2 in the 24 hours prior. Of course it is quality that counts not quantity. Even the Aussie thinks he knows something, which by the way he can not use.
At least that contributed to quantity.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Jan 11, 2015 at 6:39 am
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman

(No PMs please in all honesty)

It depends. I can actually use it on dates that I need a C2-C1 where LM isn't showing me any space that exists on UA etc. but unfortunately this would require an extra day off from work etc. So won't be using it.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
New to the thread and looked at some options, but am at a complete loss vis-à-vis both opportunities. Checked out wooden shoes, ze bank city and Mr. Erd's play ground.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
So true and so sad.

At least I got the thread jump started. 10 postings in the last 24 hours versus 2 in the 24 hours prior. Of course it is quality that counts not quantity. Even the Aussie thinks he knows something, which by the way he can not use.
At least that contributed to quantity.
Yeah, I could use it (almost booked one or two in fact), but time constraints have gotten in my way. And it is also just a really long way to fly, no matter how much you can eat or drink along the way, unless you want to view it as a series of free meals and drink and a night or two in hotel saved.

Originally Posted by greendx
It depends. I can actually use it on dates that I need a C2-C1 where LM isn't showing me any space that exists on UA etc. but unfortunately this would require an extra day off from work etc. So won't be using it.
But I assume you don't want to do it, it is more just taking whatever award happens to be available on the date/time you need, which many of us have done in one form or another.

Meanwhile, naturally, one of my non-tricked, straightforward tickets is giving me issues .
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:18 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by nov11
I think I've done this before. The mileage C2-C1 (my final was C1) was marginal compared to a direct C2-C1, but I get to try a new product ^
Did you fly the A380? It looks quite nice. Sure, no rubber duckies.. but you still get caviar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.