Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
yerffej201, turning this into a "it was already posted online" argument by volunteering such routes yourself?
Old Apr 29, 2013, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by dre_techie
yerffej201, turning this into a "it was already posted online" argument by volunteering such routes yourself?
Oh yes, because I'm going to reveal every single tricked route in my blog post tomorrow. At 7pm. Come on now.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Hi low guys, very interesting ...

Seriously, that's pretty obvious. The last thread was already closed.
The more you try to post about gaming the system the more attention this programme will get.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by lsed
Seriously, that's pretty obvious. The last thread was already closed.
The more you try to post about gaming the system the more attention this programme will get.
Post here or elsewhere?
Old May 1, 2013, 6:17 am

Post here or elsewhere?
Here should be fine, but as always, pay attention what you post. PM also works fine and it seems like this works pretty well
Old May 5, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Hi low guys, very interesting C6-C3 pricing which could be very lucrative if you could turn it into a C6-C1, but booking overnights with LM is such a b*****.
Can it be done ? I have never been able to do an overnight connection, even with the call center.
Old May 5, 2013, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by 1k650
Can it be done ? I have never been able to do an overnight connection, even with the call center.
I haven't either but I've seen posts which says it can been done if you have like a 11pm flight connecting to a 1am flight.
Old May 5, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Yes I have seen overnight connections in the booking engine where the incoming flight is close to midnight, and the outgoing very early in the following morning. Took me to the credit card page, although I did not ticket that itinerary. I therefore assume that overnight connections very close to midnight are doable
Old May 5, 2013, 11:12 pm
KRS

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Yes I have seen overnight connections in the booking engine where the incoming flight is close to midnight, and the outgoing very early in the following morning. Took me to the credit card page, although I did not ticket that itinerary. I therefore assume that overnight connections very close to midnight are doable
I booked the following:
RGN-BKK-HKG, 10 hours 20 minutes at BKK, arriving 21:40, departing 08:00.

This did not show up online (for me), but I was able to book it over the phone.
Old May 6, 2013, 12:18 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by KRS
I booked the following:
RGN-BKK-HKG, 10 hours 20 minutes at BKK, arriving 21:40, departing 08:00.

This did not show up online (for me), but I was able to book it over the phone.
Wow - this is new. The CC can book flights not seen online ! Hope this is a new change.
Old May 6, 2013, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Wow - this is new. The CC can book flights not seen online ! Hope this is a new change.
^^

Cancelled a flight a few days back, the operator put me on hold and got the cash portion refunded to my account in miles straightaway. Taxes will take 2 weeks (?) but had all my miles back by the time I hung up. ^
Old May 6, 2013, 4:27 am

I haven't either but I've seen posts which says it can been done if you have like a 11pm flight connecting to a 1am flight.
I've booked a flight arriving at 2155 hrs connecting to a flight departing at 0305 hrs, so 5+ hrs with a date change is not a problem. Option came up in the booking engine at first request - ironically, United.com would not let me book the same routing!
Old May 6, 2013, 5:34 am
KRS

This was in August last year.
Old May 6, 2013, 8:23 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I just booked (4) F on UA . I was checking for over a month for some availability and then just out of no where this appeared. I checked with the UA site and its been ticketed so kinda weird .

I was in such a rush to see if it would go through I didn't lower the miles part down
Old May 6, 2013, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
Double wow! I'll have to give this a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.