Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:44 am

Gosh now it's actually turning into trick it. I don't know what is what.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Looks like ALL availability going over to C2 has disappeared. This is why we need to keep in PM. The goose is cooked on this one. Great. That didn't last long.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Originally Posted by stinger101
Looks like ALL availability going over to C2 has disappeared. This is why we need to keep in PM. The goose is cooked on this one. Great. That didn't last long.
Calm down and wait!
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Don't be too sure about this. Availability on this route was never very good, and LM is very bizarre with availability.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:17 am

Availability is not the key here. If there's no award space, there's no award space. Has nothing to do with the core of what we're discussing.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:20 am

Ps date sensitive.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
And now it's back. Strange.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
And now it's back. Strange.
Indeed.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by charlesswe
If all stars are aligned, an alternative route via béarnaise will reveal itself.
Or via Almdudler?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Originally Posted by echino
Or via Almdudler?
And also Aepplewoi
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:51 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by cgnSenator
And also Aepplewoi
also dog poop town.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 1:55 pm

All the errors will be corrected eventually, it's just a matter of time. It's taking a long time indeed, which confirms that the answer to the question I've been repeatedly asked "do you think LM staff are idiots?" is a resounding YES. I mean, if we - having access to just what they make publicly available - were able to find some three dozen (and counting) "inaccuracies", some gross, then anyone with a little brains and direct access to the database could see it all in 30 minutes of simple SQL querying.

Some are in the camp of "let's keep it on the down low in hope of extending the lifespan". They say let's do PMs. Their real desire is to keep it all for themselves (some are rumored to be selling tricks for profit). Will they really help people who PM them? I bet most won't. And how would people know whom to PM in the first place?

Others, like me, are in the camp of "let's share so that more FTers can enjoy it while it lasts". Sure, it may hasten the giants waking up. But after all, how did we all learn to 1X and 3X and OJ and double-stack and dozen-stack and shop at kwik mart and swim in the trench, if not from people sharing on the forum? I benefited so much from FT; now that I have something to share, I definitely have been and will continue. I think I've been doing it with appropriate restraint, and this last one would have been safer had a poster behind me not spelled it out (would be ironic if he doesn't realize he did).

We will not agree, of course, so there's no point in entering into long winded arguments.

Lastly, regarding this thread turning into a Trick-It: we started off in the devaluation thread that has now scrolled off. People there encouraged us to take this talk to a separate thread that they could then ignore so that they wouldn't need to be subjected to our "kiddy talk" and "improper English". We did; why don't they?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by zbenye
All the errors will be corrected eventually, it's just a matter of time. It's taking a long time indeed, which confirms that the answer to the question I've been repeatedly asked "do you think LM staff are idiots?" is a resounding YES. I mean, if we - having access to just what they make publicly available - were able to find some three dozen (and counting) "inaccuracies", some gross, then anyone with a little brains and direct access to the database could see it all in 30 minutes of simple SQL querying.

Some are in the camp of "let's keep it on the down low in hope of extending the lifespan". They say let's do PMs. Their real desire is to keep it all for themselves (some are rumored to be selling tricks for profit). Will they really help people who PM them? I bet most won't. And how would people know whom to PM in the first place?

Others, like me, are in the camp of "let's share so that more FTers can enjoy it while it lasts". Sure, it may hasten the giants waking up. But after all, how did we all learn to 1X and 3X and OJ and double-stack and dozen-stack and shop at kwik mart and swim in the trench, if not from people sharing on the forum? I benefited so much from FT; now that I have something to share, I definitely have been and will continue. I think I've been doing it with appropriate restraint, and this last one would have been safer had a poster behind me not spelled it out (would be ironic if he doesn't realize he did).

We will not agree, of course, so there's no point in entering into long winded arguments.

Lastly, regarding this thread turning into a Trick-It: we started off in the devaluation thread that has now scrolled off. People there encouraged us to take this talk to a separate thread that they could then ignore so that they wouldn't need to be subjected to our "kiddy talk" and "improper English". We did; why don't they?
That's only if you try to figure out the random gibberish they're talking about and PM multiple times to not get a response.
If you're in the mood of putting it out there. Stop going in code. Because nobody gets it.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
.... Stop going in code. Because nobody gets it.
If a poll is permitted here, may I ask for a show of thumbs up from those who do get what we've been posting here and in the former devaluation thread, and have benefit from it. If there's not 10 thumbs up, I promise to never again post in the LM forum.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by zbenye
If a poll is permitted here, may I ask for a show of thumbs up from those who do get what we've been posting here and in the former devaluation thread, and have benefit from it. If there's not 10 thumbs up, I promise to never again post in the LM forum.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You can keep posting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.