Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 5:55 pm

Where can I get Firebug?

edit: never mind, found it already
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:44 pm

Hi all,
Is there any way to trick the LM search engine to display one way flights with a layover >9hours ??? I am searching for a route from Australia-SIN and onwards to Germany/Europe. If searching each segment separately there is availability on matching flights in J but when entering e.g. Australia-Germany directly it won't show up. Any help would be appreciated here or via PN.

Thanks.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by nz09
Hi all,
Is there any way to trick the LM search engine to display one way flights with a layover >9hours ??? I am searching for a route from Australia-SIN and onwards to Germany/Europe. If searching each segment separately there is availability on matching flights in J but when entering e.g. Australia-Germany directly it won't show up. Any help would be appreciated here or via PN.

Thanks.
AV has a tendency to prefer <12 hour connections. Have you tried tinkering with the few knobs that you do have (such as airline and/or departure time)?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Hi all,

Thanks.
I have never seen one.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
AV has a tendency to prefer <12 hour connections. Have you tried tinkering with the few knobs that you do have (such as airline and/or departure time)?
The airline select doesn't seem to do it for me...If I try to look for SQ only, even the flights that i found before don't show. Will give the time button a go even though it doesn't make much sense to me since there is a max of two flights per day from ADL which is my starting point.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 3:32 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
The airline select doesn't seem to do it for me...If I try to look for SQ only, even the flights that i found before don't show. Will give the time button a go even though it doesn't make much sense to me since there is a max of two flights per day from ADL which is my starting point.
You won't get it anyway, there only are longer layovers on Avianca/Taca flights, because that uses a different machine.
But I wanted to comment on your "...since there is a max of two flights...":
that seems to make no difference. The departure time field > 0 influences the search algorithm, no matter which or how many flights have been displayed, and so does the airline selection.
I just recently saw 2 flights available by the same carrier on a given day, when I changed to that carrier I saw 5 flights! (domestic)
Old Mar 15, 2014, 5:39 am

Is there any way to trick the LM search engine to display one way flights with a layover >9hours ???
Max connection time should be 8 hours. But sometimes it gives you some crazy domestic routings like (example only!): SIN-FRA-DUS-(overnight)-MUC-JFK
Old Mar 15, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
I bought some miles again through this promo. So any suggestions on a looong real F flight that I could book months (end of October) in advance? Something like SQ
Old Mar 15, 2014, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by zagy
I bought some miles again through this promo. So any suggestions on a looong real F flight that I could book months (end of October) in advance? Something like SQ
definitely not sq. ua or tg are your best bets. or oz.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 4:08 pm

SQ doesn't open F to partners ... LH you can't hope for more than 2 months in advance, TG has the best F availability, you can easily book september/october now.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by scibuff
LH you can't hope for more than 2 months in advance
Months or weeks?

Originally Posted by scibuff
TG has the best F availability, you can easily book september/october now.
TG is your best bet ^
Old Mar 15, 2014, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by tiger302
Months or weeks?
Months - but not always, of course - e.g. right now I can see LH F until ~ the end of April

Last edited by scibuff; Mar 15, 2014 at 9:04 pm
Old Mar 15, 2014, 9:54 pm

Sigh.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 10:01 am

C1 - SE C3

Have tried a lot of combos from C1 - SE C3 w/ little success. Know I can get OW to C3 (though not SE C3) through chewy but that is still quite far from SE. A return would help too . Any clues on these one? PMs are also welcome.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
I've noticed that if you try to trick C1-C2 J with a certain type of trick, Avianca starts to "interfere" and offers it's own flights.

Any chance to prevent that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.