Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2012, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by travelislife
I had success on the phone when the first promo was on, have posted about it a while ago. Got overnight connection and a connection of greater than 12 hrs all good on the one ticket.

By the sounds of it now I got very lucky!
Did it price correctly?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by ulus
Hi all,

Can someone with experience on avianca award booking, tell me, how long it takes between booking process and getting a ticket ? I know that with miles&more it's a question of seconds, what about lifemiles?
I have done 3 LM bookings...2 of them had ticket numbers in a matter of minutes, one was more like a few hours.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
I have done 3 LM bookings...2 of them had ticket numbers in a matter of minutes, one was more like a few hours.
Thank you. I was afraid that it could take more than 48 hours and that could be a problem with planning a "last minute" award booking
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:11 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Hi all,

Can someone with experience on avianca award booking, tell me, how long it takes between booking process and getting a ticket ? I know that with miles&more it's a question of seconds, what about lifemiles?
Anywhere between 3 days and a few minutes.

The agent I last spoke to told me to stay on the line after paying the taxes to see if the booking tickets immediately. It didn't, but she did promise that it would in a few hours - and it did
Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Hi all,

Mine have always ticketed straightaway. ^
Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
3 days here
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
And a mixed cabin itinerary?
This is driving me nuts. I'm in BCN and all *A airlines only have J available from here (well except SQ but I can't redeem anything on them ex-BCN) and if I want to fly F, I need to travel to one of the *A hubs to start my trip there.

Annoying.

And so what is the latest news on stopover on one-way itineraries? Not available even calling their call center?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:29 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by ckn2
And so what is the latest news on stopover on one-way itineraries? Not available even calling their call center?
Even on a return you would be doing very well to get a stopover without it pricing as a multicity.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 3:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Exactly... Foget about stopovers with LM.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 4:18 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
The call centre system doesn't price any itinerary with a stopover. The best part is, the agents just assume the system is down again, and they can't tell the difference between a stop and a stopover.

I've had agents telling me "you can't make more than two stopovers" when my itinerary had three transit stops.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
I made a booking last night. By the time I logged onto CMT it had ticketed. So max 20-30 seconds. ^
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ckn2
This is driving me nuts. I'm in BCN and all *A airlines only have J available from here (well except SQ but I can't redeem anything on them ex-BCN) and if I want to fly F, I need to travel to one of the *A hubs to start my trip there. Annoying.
Tell me. We booked LAX-ZRH in LX First before the back door closed. Then had to use more miles for ZRH-MAD. Annoying, yes. But with the 100% buy miles promotions and cash for miles add ons, it's still a good deal... as long as you don't have to change flights and/or use the call centre.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Hi all,

nm
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I made a booking last night. By the time I logged onto CMT it had ticketed. So max 20-30 seconds. ^
Made a booking just now and again by the time I closed that page and opened CMT it had ticketed. ^
Old Dec 22, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Made a booking just now and again by the time I closed that page and opened CMT it had ticketed. ^
strange how it always happens for you but in several bookings for me whilst the reservation shows up in check my trip immediately, there is no ticket numbers. it takes 1 to 3 days each time.

Are you sure the e-ticket has been processed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.