Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2012, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by kaushik123
I am a bit stumped on this one :

Able to do a one-way J class award from Europe to US going via Asia, however unable to do the reverse (ie : US to Europe via Asia). The interesting thing is that KVS and ANA both confirm availability on the US-Europe and Europe-Asia legs just like it does on the Europe to US trip, however the LM.com engine does not pull it up as an option even if I select a specific carrier.

Anyone got this to work?
Are you forcing a carrier? and is it west or east coast?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:02 pm

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
I tried forcing a carrier as well as leaving it open - but no luck. It's from Seattle to Frankfurt. Able to get Frankfurt to Seattle via NRT without forcing a carrier
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:06 pm

I tried forcing a carrier as well as leaving it open - but no luck. It's from Seattle to Frankfurt. Able to get Frankfurt to Seattle via NRT without forcing a carrier
Surprisingly enough that's the first route I tried. Only get direct LH J.
Wait so is this a mixed carrier itin or not? and dates?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:09 pm

Look for FRA-SEA on Dec 28 - you get the via NRT route as the first result without forcing a carrier. It's coming up as mixed carriers now, but earlier it was available on NH all the way
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:23 pm

Look for FRA-SEA on Dec 28 - you get the via NRT route as the first result without forcing a carrier. It's coming up as mixed carriers now, but earlier it was available on NH all the way
I'm guessing it's another glitch. Because there isn't any space on the 28th, so Lifemiles does ajsdofijdofisjdf and pulls up a random routing. BTW is the space on the 28th LH F on UA.com phantom? LM isn't showing it.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
I'm guessing it's another glitch. Because there isn't any space on the 28th, so Lifemiles does ajsdofijdofisjdf and pulls up a random routing. BTW is the space on the 28th LH F on UA.com phantom? LM isn't showing it.
I don;t know where you are looking, but there is definitely award space available on FRA-NRT and NRT-SEA on Dec 28th- it's not phantom!

LH F for what route?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:02 am

Why I always receive:
Sorry, There was problem while processing your transaction
Is there any problems about lifemiles.com?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 2:04 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by Jie Jin
Why I always receive:
Tell us more about what you are trying to book and somebody might be able to shed some light.

I got that when I tried to book an ex-MNL flight. I suspect in my case that it was to do with the complications of issuing tickets from the Philippines rather than anything generic with LifeMiles.com.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 3:43 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Why I always receive:

Same problem going on week 3 welcome to lifestinks.com
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:21 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Why I always receive:
I'm getting this on Firefox for the last few weeks. Works fine on Chrome, so I'm guessing its cookies on Firefox, but can't be bothered to clear mine.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 8:54 am

I am getting the same error now - was searching ex-SFO and it was working last night - not working now!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:26 pm

I don;t know where you are looking, but there is definitely award space available on FRA-NRT and NRT-SEA on Dec 28th- it's not phantom!

LH F for what route?
I was seeing FRA-SEA on the 28th in F on ua.com. But it didn't show up on LM. I don't know if the space is still there... so is it phantom? Shouldn't be, right?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Does anyone want an extra account to use for the promo?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 3:55 pm

Other than the known routing the long way "trick" are there other such circuitous routes possible for lower mileage? Looking specifically to/from US. I have a few tricks that I already have which I am happy to share. Feel free to PM me!

Last edited by kaushik123; Dec 19, 2012 at 4:02 pm
Old Dec 20, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Other than the known routing the long way "trick" are there other such circuitous routes possible for lower mileage? Looking specifically to/from US. I have a few tricks that I already have which I am happy to share. Feel free to PM me!
There are numerous, I think I stopped counting at 35. There are quite a few that do involve the US, coming and going

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.