Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2013, 6:18 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
With Aeroplan, I have had success getting agents to direct-book them... but with LifeMiles... you might have to start by explaining that SFO is not in Africa, and NRT is actually a city, and that there is service between the two, before you even get to asking about direct booking or anything of the sort (and you might need to explain "direct"... and "booking"...)
They might be clueless on where some Asian cities are, but they don't bother and just go with the flow, unlike USDM agents.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 6:33 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by yerffej201
NRT is not end point, it's YVR-SFO-NRT-xxx. And SFO-NRT has space.
Ah, so NRT IS the (real) end point then!
Old Jan 4, 2013, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Ah, so NRT IS the (real) end point then!
Not to Lifemiles. Guess I'll leave YVR at 6am then. Grrrr.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:35 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Not to Lifemiles. Guess I'll leave YVR at 6am then. Grrrr.
you poor thing.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by dazz81
you poor thing.
Oh well, I'd say NH J is worth it over AC J. Both still good.
Ironically LM "may be the Best Program in Star." LOL
Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Oh well, I'd say NH J is worth it over AC J. Both still good.
Ironically LM "may be the Best Program in Star." LOL
Only if it's the Inspiration of Japan layout. If it's the old recliner seat... despite loving the soft product of NH more, I think I'd go with AC just because the pods are very sleepable.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Only if it's the Inspiration of Japan layout. If it's the old recliner seat... despite loving the soft product of NH more, I think I'd go with AC just because the pods are very sleepable.
which planes have the old layout? AFAIK it's only the LAX-HND route, the JFK-NRT new double daily (have they swapped yet)?, and the new ORD-NRT daily? I thought most of the TPAC's have the inspiration seats.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 11:54 pm

which planes have the old layout? AFAIK it's only the LAX-HND route, the JFK-NRT new double daily (have they swapped yet)?, and the new ORD-NRT daily? I thought most of the TPAC's have the inspiration seats.
I believe on the ANA tool, if the plane is "77W" its the new , if its just "777" then its the older angled slopers (LAX-HND, for example)
Old Jan 6, 2013, 6:23 am

Herringbone is icky

Staggered is my favourite, followed by conventional lie flats.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 6:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by AndrewE
I believe on the ANA tool, if the plane is "77W" its the new , if its just "777" then its the older angled slopers (LAX-HND, for example)
That. Although also, if you go to ANA's page, there's a banner advertising inspiration of Japan, and they list the flights.

TBH I think most TPACs do have it as you say - but I've not checked in a few months, so worth confirming!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:20 am

yes
Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:28 am

BTW just an FYI re: SFO
http://www.mercurynews.com/san-mateo...-delays-at-sfo
Old Jan 13, 2013, 2:08 pm

This sounds ridiculous, but can you earn miles with a cash+points redemption, since it's not a straight-up award redemption?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by mase
This sounds ridiculous, but can you earn miles with a cash+points redemption, since it's not a straight-up award redemption?
No. The cash is merely to purchase the shortfall of miles, so it is treated as a straight up award redemption.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 3:16 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mase
Normally not from flights on such tickets. There may be some exceptions -- some of which can be the result of irregular operations/misconnections -- but nothing generally reliable from flights on Lifemile tickets using miles-only or miles+cash for the fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.