Search

ICN delays due to catering issue

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: None anymore
Thanks for the pics everyone.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by truncated
That's the same thing they serve as the snack in Y on ICN-Southeast Asia flights...
As well as mixing up Mexican and Italian. Burrito with Italian spelling of kitchen (cucina instead of cocina).

/nit-pick
Old Aug 6, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by RandomNobody
As well as mixing up Mexican and Italian. Burrito with Italian spelling of kitchen (cucina instead of cocina).

/nit-pick
I believe "la cucina" is an Italian restaurant in Seoul that OZ has a partnership with
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:11 am

It's usually a pizza, I've never seen the burrito.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by warrenw
It's usually a pizza, I've never seen the burrito.
You aren't missing much — it's basically all salt
Old Aug 7, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
You aren't missing much — it's basically all salt
I make a point of skipping both of them (the rubber pizza and the salt burrito), so if that's one meal on my next trip to FRA I will not be pleased...
Old Aug 9, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: TK Gold
I might have seen this burrito around 2 years ago when I was on ICN-LHR (return) (not sure same brand). Last month I was on ICN-LAX and there doesn't seem to have such "burrito" serving on both return flight. Interesting to see they have "upgraded" to the business class.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:39 pm

I was also on ICN-LAX and LAX-ICN last month, and they did have a snack, but I didn't check carefully which one it was, but I think at least one direction it was a boxed item, meaning either the pizza or burrito. In my experience, the snack always consists of either a pizza, a burrito, or a sandwich. If they served the burrito in C, there would be no reason to load a different item in Y, so almost certainly it would have also been the burrito. But there's no telling which of those snacks is loaded on any one flight. It's very easy to miss the snack also, if you're sleeping. They don't put a notice on your seat that you've missed it, and sometimes they'll put your tray table down and leave one for when you wake up, but often not.

I don't recall, but wouldn't be surprised if the snack from LAX-ICN is supplied in the USA and is different from the ICN-LAX, with the La Cucina burrito being an ex-ICN item being it's made in Korea. Next time I'm on those flights I'll try to write down what's the snack in each direction.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:43 pm

That's the same thing they serve as the snack in Y on ICN-Southeast Asia flights...
I don't recall ever seeing any snacks whatsoever over the years on ICN-Southeast Asia flights. You're talking flights in the 4 to 6 hour range, which wouldn't generally call for a snack to be served. Though I guess if it's a red-eye flight and the one meal is breakfast, perhaps they might think in that case it's too long and serve a snack after take-off.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by JoeDaejeon
I don't recall ever seeing any snacks whatsoever over the years on ICN-Southeast Asia flights. You're talking flights in the 4 to 6 hour range, which wouldn't generally call for a snack to be served. Though I guess if it's a red-eye flight and the one meal is breakfast, perhaps they might think in that case it's too long and serve a snack after take-off.
Hmm now that I think about it it might actually have been the midflight snack on ICN-U.S. flights — I'm usually on JFK-ICN-SIN or the reverse so probably got the two mixed up. (Also NH serves snacks before landing on NRT-SIN/BKK etc so that's probably why I assumed OZ would on ICN-SE Asia as well)
JoeDaejeon likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by billyxxx
had the exact same menu in business to Heathrow on Friday. I had the Korean meal which was just one tray. on a more positive note, the cabin crew said it was changing on August 7th, I thought she meant the catering company but she could have just been talking about the limited menu changing to another limited menu!
So I wonder if things ended up changing or not??
Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:31 am

Did the menu change on the 07th? No. Flew NGO to ICN and then ICN to LHR on the 08th and the menu card for both flights was the same as in post #58 . Took the chicken on the Nagoya leg and Ssambap on the flight to London. It was impressive how they got it all done on the one and a half hour Nagoya leg but less so on the 11 hour London leg. Disappointing.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:39 am

I'm assuming still no changes... I fly next week... Sigh.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Blue; HHonors Gold; Priority Club Gold
I'm hopeful- with a NRT-LHR combination towards end of Oct, but who knows what "fake news" is out there. My business partner is in Y and I'm in J...
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Originally Posted by warrenw
I'm assuming still no changes... I fly next week... Sigh.
I am flying ICN-HKG in J in the first week of September. I am following this thread closely. Hopefully there will be some good news...

If I understand the situation correctly, the catering issue only affects flights out of ICN? So my LAX-ICN (in F) leg should be OK?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.