Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by nme7
All? I would say no.

To expand, let's look at their fleet. Specifically, the 777(non-qs), the A330s, and maybe some of their A320 or A321s.

The 777s that are non-QS I have read that they will be retired in the near future, so not worth upgrading.

The A330s are mainly used for short to medium length flights, so the current angled biz seats are considered adequate. Not that I agree, but I can see their logic.

The A320s or A321s are used for short haul flights and do not have much space for qs-style seats.

How about their B747? I highly doubt this old plane will get upgraded. If so, they would also need to upgrade first class, and possibly also economy. Fuel prices were hurting the operation of this type, but who knows now with fuel prices coming down.
Thank you.,
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bearsfan72
Have a 3 hour layover to transfer airports in NYC, which is not ideal but from my understanding should be doable.
That is a scary connection. If UA is at all late inbound to LGA, you've got a big problem. I would switch to the first flight of the morning - or, better yet - fly into NYC the night before.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:44 am

When we flew ANA 2 yrs. ago biz they offer a pad or sort of a duvet for your chair. Our return on Asiana biz did not have these. Does anyone know if Asiana offers these now?
Thank you. Larry
Old Apr 10, 2015, 5:46 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
"pad or sort of a duvet for your chair." Is that a kind of padded blanket? If so, Asiana usually has them on the chairs when you enter the cabin. I am surprised it was not offered to you on your previous flight. The previous flight had qs seats?
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by nme7
"pad or sort of a duvet for your chair." Is that a kind of padded blanket? If so, Asiana usually has them on the chairs when you enter the cabin. I am surprised it was not offered to you on your previous flight. The previous flight had qs seats?
Well no we did not have QS seats and I did not see anyone use anything like that. This flight was in Oct. 2013.

On the outbound ANA flight the pads were already on our seats.

I will be sure to ask next time.

Thank you, Larry.,
Old Jun 4, 2015, 4:14 am

Programs: UA 1K
OZ 601

Can someone please confirm that my OZ 601 flight on June 25 will be New Biz Class?

http://airlineroute.net/2015/03/27/oz-sydcdg-s15/

Thank you very much!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 5:44 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by UAnewBiz
Can someone please confirm that my OZ 601 flight on June 25 will be New Biz Class?

Thank you very much!
You never really know with OZ until you get on the plane. Try selecting your seats...that should give you a more accurate idea.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by sol95
You never really know with OZ until you get on the plane. Try selecting your seats...that should give you a more accurate idea.
Thank you!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by UAnewBiz

Thank you very much!
There has been an update:
http://airlineroute.net/2015/06/03/oz-sydsea-jun15/
Messed up in June: some flights are 77W with QS, some are 772, some are 333. 6/25 flight (and the return one on 6/26) is sold out, so figuring out the configuration is out of my ability. Looks to me 77W, though. Whatever your seatmap says will be most accurate information by now, as sol95 suggests.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:45 pm

Is there an updated list of the QS seat routes?

I'm specifically interested in OZ236 ICN->ORD 12/2

I'll try looking again tomorrow but it's getting late for me so I figured I'd just throw it out there for now. If I can't confirm a QS for the flight, I might just go with United 787 Dreamliner BusinessFirst instead.

Update- I tried booking the flight on Asiana and it looks like it is coming up as a 262 seater with the old seats in 2-3-2 config.

Last edited by guruboy; Sep 29, 2015 at 7:57 pm
Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by guruboy
Is there an updated list of the QS seat routes?

I'm specifically interested in OZ236 ICN->ORD 12/2

I'll try looking again tomorrow but it's getting late for me so I figured I'd just throw it out there for now. If I can't confirm a QS for the flight, I might just go with United 787 Dreamliner BusinessFirst instead.

Update- I tried booking the flight on Asiana and it looks like it is coming up as a 262 seater with the old seats in 2-3-2 config.
Nothing had changed, still JFK, LAX, and SFO only for the US routes, ORD-ICN is and will always be old seats.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:44 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Has Asiana made any announcements on the ICN-SYD route? They were supposed to go all lie flat but then they changed their mind earlier this year but I have not heard any update since then.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 2:37 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by FrequentFlyKid
Has Asiana made any announcements on the ICN-SYD route? They were supposed to go all lie flat but then they changed their mind earlier this year but I have not heard any update since then.
I've got 3 separate trips SYD-ICN on OZ in J for the first half of 2016, and every one of them are angled lie flats in J.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 10:45 am
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by sol95
I've got 3 separate trips SYD-ICN on OZ in J for the first half of 2016, and every one of them are angled lie flats in J.
Very disappointing.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 6:57 am

How do you tell the new QS seat assignments on a A321? Booked for OZ723 ICN > HKG. The seat assignments are 2 - 2 arrangement for Business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.