Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Unfortunately there are no Business Smartium, formerly Quadra Smartium, seats on A321.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by nme7
Unfortunately there are no Business Smartium, formerly Quadra Smartium, seats on A321.
Would it be better option to switch to the 74E route for Business lie flat on 747 ?
Old Apr 5, 2016, 9:28 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Sitting up front in the A321 in the standard biz seats is fine. But I would take the 74E if you can sit upstairs or up front in F seats. The upper deck just feels much more exclusive. Window seats have a nice storage area and leg room is very good. As for sitting up front in F, I would call to verify if they allow that on your flight.

If it is an easy switch, I would go for it. 747s probably won't be around all that much longer.
Old May 9, 2016, 10:11 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Can anyone shine a light on my seat puzzle? I cannot see anyone else has the same issue.

I am flying OZ232 ICN HNL in a couple of weeks. it is an A333. I went to choose a seat and it said Smartium Class Installed on both the reservation summary and the seat choice page. But the seat choice page has 2x2x2 configuration.

I see no mention of A333 having the Smartium seat installed so is it just the OZ website goofing about?

Name:  Screen%20Shot%202016-05-09%20at%2011.09.25%20PM_zpsplgualw7.png
Views: 1406
Size:  27.2 KB
Old May 9, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Can anyone shine a light on my seat puzzle? I cannot see anyone else has the same issue.

I am flying OZ232 ICN HNL in a couple of weeks. it is an A333. I went to choose a seat and it said Smartium Class Installed on both the reservation summary and the seat choice page. But the seat choice page has 2x2x2 configuration.

I see no mention of A333 having the Smartium seat installed so is it just the OZ website goofing about?

Attachment 7978
You see that little symbol/icon next to "Smartium Seat Installed"? That symbol/icon has to be in the actual table of the specific flight for it to have the newer biz seats. So the symbol/icon would have to be in the section "Airline/Aircraft Type" where it has "Asiana Airlines/A333" for you to have the newer seats.

One of the many idiosyncrasies of the OZ website...

So you're right. Now smartium seats. Older angled-flats in 2-2-2 layout on all of OZ's A333s.
Old May 9, 2016, 11:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)

Well the good news is . . . you're going to Hawaii and the OZ food is pretty good.
Old May 9, 2016, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by sol95
You see that little symbol/icon next to "Smartium Seat Installed"? That symbol/icon has to be in the actual table of the specific flight for it to have the newer biz seats. So the symbol/icon would have to be in the section "Airline/Aircraft Type" where it has "Asiana Airlines/A333" for you to have the newer seats.

One of the many idiosyncrasies of the OZ website...

So you're right. Now smartium seats. Older angled-flats in 2-2-2 layout on all of OZ's A333s.
I had to read that 3 times before I had a clue what you meant. I'm a bit slow today it seems. Thanks for clearing that up
Old May 10, 2016, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Well the good news is . . . you're going to Hawaii and the OZ food is pretty good.
I have this idea that HNL is a great hub for Latin America to Asia flights. I'm just running some trial flights and then depending on the outcome I'm going to lobby for a new terminal with international transit without a visa

I'll be flying BOG HNL HKG within a decade.
Old May 10, 2016, 12:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I have this idea that HNL is a great hub for Latin America to Asia flights. I'm just running some trial flights and then depending on the outcome I'm going to lobby for a new terminal with international transit without a visa

I'll be flying BOG HNL HKG within a decade.
That is some quality research.

Although I believe that routing would require a mandatory 48 hour HNL stopover
Old May 10, 2016, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
That is some quality research.

Although I believe that routing would require a mandatory 48 hour HNL stopover
I have 36 hours there principally because I didn't figure out that I need to leave the day after I want to arrive.

Another argument for my HNL megahub with through ticketing no?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 3:11 pm

I just booked an ORD-ICN round trip in the spring time and was attempting to figure out which aircraft/business cabin it will be equipped with. Playing around with the search engine on the Asiana website, it seems like all of these flights March 3rd, 2017 and earlier have the non-Smartium B772 and March 10th and later is currently slated to have the B77L Smartium cabin?

Obviously equipment in general isn't guaranteed, but it does look promising for mid-March and beyond. I wonder if they are stealing a plane from a different route or what? Maybe they routinely use different equipment in peak travel season?

Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by illini1022
I wonder if they are stealing a plane from a different route or what?
3-4 A350 will at long last join the fleet in 2017, with the first one listed as 'undergoing ground tests', somewhere between final assembly and cabin fitment. While those planes will most likely debut on regional routes, that should free up the 77L.

I do wonder whose 77L the FRA route will be 'stealing', as it appears to be losing its 744 in January, before any A350 delivery.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 10:08 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by monahos
I do wonder whose 77L the FRA route will be 'stealing', as it appears to be losing its 744 in January, before any A350 delivery.
ICN-FRA will be on the a380. There's a thread somewhere here about that...

I'm hoping the ICN-SYD route gets the a350 as the set aircraft instead of the current "whatever's available" approach...
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold

I'm hoping the ICN-SYD route gets the a350 as the set aircraft instead of the current "whatever's available" approach...
Amen to that!!
Old Dec 2, 2016, 10:08 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G

My SYD flight equipment in Feb 2017 has changed 3 times from 330 to 772 to 380 to now 747 since I booked it. Not the news I wanted to hear in the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.