Wiki Posts
Search

Jakarta (CGK) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2005, 10:41 am
OGY

Programs: SQ (TPP8)
Originally Posted by maspablo
I guess they figure if your 'rich' enuff to go somewheres with passport , you can pay the fiscal , I think its 800 k rupiah , or about 85-90 $ us . or very close .

i guess it makes up for the differences in prices us Bule have to pay in Indo , @ tourist sights .
Rp 800k is if you pay the officers
Fiscal is still Rp 1Million if you're travelling by plane.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 10:46 am
OGY

Originally Posted by oontiveros
Thought our Honda was not gonna make it...I was sure the exhaust was under water..
Exhaust under water, if only for a short time.... a few minutes... is okay. I've done it a couple of times in the past... Of course, must step on the gas lah...
Old Jul 30, 2005, 10:55 am
OGY

Still the same stuff...BATS at ShangriLa, 30 at Le Meridien, X Lounge/Vertigo, Dragonfly, Blowfish...PM me for some others...what types of clubs or bars are you looking for?
Wow... I really have missed a lot...

Oontiveros, are these places suitable for Westerners? I might bring a big group of visitors from US/Europe/Venezuela as well as other parts of Asia to CGK in September. A big group of possibly 15-20 people...

Work is not tough... tougher is the task to find a suitable place for this group to hang out ... as I'm the only Indonesian, they'll just count on me...
Old Jul 30, 2005, 11:08 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
It certainly didn't take long before oontiveros became the authority on night life in Jakarta...
Old Jul 30, 2005, 3:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, TK Gold, BA Silver, Emirates Silver
Ok Dragonfly, X Lounge and Vertigo are totally acceptable for Westerners...they are like clubs/lounges in the West...you could be anywhere once you go inside.

BATS/30-Tiga Puloh, etc are fun for westerners if they like live music and "ayam."

Be sure to invite me...I'll show you the "right" places!

Old Jul 30, 2005, 3:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, TK Gold, BA Silver, Emirates Silver
Dup...

Last edited by oontiveros; Jul 30, 2005 at 3:34 pm
Old Jul 30, 2005, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by OGY
Exhaust under water, if only for a short time.... a few minutes... is okay. I've done it a couple of times in the past... Of course, must step on the gas lah...
Yea I am concerned that the driver has steppin on the gas issues...I really am encouraging him to take advantage of that 6 cylinder engine...

But...we were crawling through the water...all the damn Kijangs were pushing past us...
Old Jul 30, 2005, 3:36 pm

uh....double dup...

Last edited by oontiveros; Jul 30, 2005 at 3:51 pm
Old Jul 30, 2005, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by StarG
It certainly didn't take long before oontiveros became the authority on night life in Jakarta...
damn you!

well, i have been out every single day this week...I am sooooo tired...

it's uh...because I needed to network...

StarG, when's our next lunch?
Old Jul 30, 2005, 9:07 pm

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
StarG, when's our next lunch?
When you didn't go out too late the night before and can wake up in time for normal people to have lunch?
Old Jul 30, 2005, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by StarG
When you didn't go out too late the night before and can wake up in time for normal people to have lunch?
this could be never!!!!
Old Aug 5, 2005, 10:30 am

There are some very good Japanese & Korean places. No decent Thai food. Riva and Dharmawangsa the best western "fine dining"

All the above, in my opinion!

Yes, there is now, Blue Elephant - down by Setiabudi Building. That is if you're familiar with the restaurant. Excellent Thai!!!
Old Aug 5, 2005, 8:58 pm

Programs: United MM
Thumbs up Dragonfly

We tried out DragonFly yesterday. Excellent food. Not too pricey ($100 for 3 people including a $40 bottle of wine).

My only complaint: what is with the air conditioning in Jakarta?? Do these people have too much spare energy resources? Outdoor temperatures in December in Siberia are higher than the indoor temperature in all buildings in this town!
Old Aug 5, 2005, 9:01 pm

Programs: United MM
BATS/30-Tiga Puloh, etc are fun for westerners if they like live music and "ayam."
What's "ayam"?
Old Aug 5, 2005, 11:58 pm

Nowhereman, glad you liked Dragonfly, wish I'd known you were in town, there was a great art reception at a very cool gallery (Taksu) last night (Fri 5th) and a fashion show at Club Inc.

Ayams are professionals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.