Maldives

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maldives

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2020, 9:44 am

Programs: n/a
Maybe it's a new things they requested passport # on the lab report I dont know but I asked people on the IST airport forum.....they told me the covid test report at IST airport all have passport # on the covid report.....--___--"
Old Oct 5, 2020, 9:48 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
I understand your position.... ask that question in the EK and QR forums. Most of the flights to MLE were coming from these two airlines. I did see TK and Aeroflot at the airport as well and you've already been on the IST forum. Taking a test at the airport would have the passport number on it I guess.
At the doctor or at the hospital, they only asked for my ID.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 11:11 am

Programs: DL DM, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by edgymix
I just emailed the ministry of tourism of Maldives and they told me the same thing! They need passport # ADDED on to the test report and i just call NYU langone (who do covid test) to see if they can add the passport # they said it MIGHT NOT be possible.
I went to the county website (Snohomish, WA) and found a small family doctor who is listed as offering travel tests. Called and they said that they attach a signed letter to the top of a lab report and are happy to also include the passport number on that letter. This seems like our best bet.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 8:24 pm

So it seems that Singapore Airlines will be restarting flights from Singapore to Maldives by the end of the year.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ty-by-year-end
There are some out there who think that Singapore will open a leisure bubble with Maldives
Old Oct 6, 2020, 2:39 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
There are some out there who think that Singapore will open a leisure bubble with Maldives
Those of us who are living in Singapore - we hare not having too high hopes.

Until the above is in place Singapore residents are in de-facto lockdown in relation to international travel.

In general, Phase 3, AKA 'Safe Nation' has an emphasis on the first word. So until a vaccine is available in large quantities, better to keep expectations low to avoid disappointments.

P.S. Further confirmation of above

From the papers today:

On whether general travel will resume soon, Mr Ong said that expectations need to be managed.

“For Members who are hoping to hear announcements on some air travel resumption and even possible December holiday destinations, I am sorry I will disappoint you,” he said.

Last edited by invisible; Oct 6, 2020 at 3:04 am
Old Oct 9, 2020, 10:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Wondering how strict is the new requirement about having passport number on the PCR test result? Looks like it was in the updated (version 4) Official Maldives Public Health Announcement on 9/28. About to order the Pixel self test kit that a couple member recommended here but already chatted with them and no way I can add a passport number to the test report. Heck I doubt any public testing site that can add passport number to the report.. Traveling in less than two weeks and hopefully this is not a blocker.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 9:06 am

Has anyone flown on Qatar to MLE recently without passport number on the results?
Old Oct 17, 2020, 1:42 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
Currently in Maldives. They did look for passport once you reach Maldives, asked about it. Said lab couldn’t do it. Guy didn’t look very happy but we got in.

Airline didn’t seem to care. Basically wanted to make sure it was PCR and negative.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 11:41 am

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Just another data point... After a few days in Bodrum, Turkey, I am flying BJV-IST-MLE tonight. The check-in agent here in Bodrum didn't ask about it and gave us boarding passes all the way to Male. We'll see if there is any check in Istanbul. (Easily submitted our health declaration a few hours ago).
Old Oct 29, 2020, 3:53 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K | Delta Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond
Based on an email I received from the Maldives Ministry of Tourism on the 27th, passport number is no longer required.

Background:

I first emailed the Maldives Ministry of Tourism on the Oct 24th asking for confirmation of requirements (wanted to be certain given different circulars and locations referencing doctor signatures, passport #s , etc.) and they responded letting me know that signatures were no longer were required but that "...the passport number does have to be included as per the revised requirements". They referred me to Air Transport Circular AT 14/2020 Issue 03 which can be referenced here: http://www.caa.gov.mv/attachments/TT...Bs0UyceDVH.pdf

After calling around area clinics and being told "no we can't add passport # to your test results itself", I emailed the Ministry of Tourism again asking if it would be acceptable if our doctor hand writes our passport # onto the results and signs/stamps it. Their response was "We're pleased to inform you that the passport number is no longer mandatory to be included! If all the other requirements are complete then there should be no issues on arrival. We hope to see you soon on the sunny side of life, Thank you!"
Old Oct 31, 2020, 12:17 am

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by gobears293
Just another data point... After a few days in Bodrum, Turkey, I am flying BJV-IST-MLE tonight. The check-in agent here in Bodrum didn't ask about it and gave us boarding passes all the way to Male. We'll see if there is any check in Istanbul. (Easily submitted our health declaration a few hours ago).
Update on my experience. Gate agent in Istanbul asked to just see a copy of my negative test, not confirmation of the full health declaration. Seems like the other agent next to her was not asking other passengers. Seemed odd.

Immigration at Male was easy. Agent asked for passports and was able to pull our health declarations easy. Didn't ask to see a copy of our negative test result or the barcode we got after submittal. Overall seamless experience. Hoping the same for everyone else out there.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 5:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG PA, Hilton Sucks, Hyatt Discoverist
When showing a negative PCR test result, were there still any restrictions on travel (i.e. by boat) between Male/airport and the other islands/atolls? I can't seem to find any definitive info about this... :-(
Old Nov 7, 2020, 6:19 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by cmhsieh54
When showing a negative PCR test result, were there still any restrictions on travel (i.e. by boat) between Male/airport and the other islands/atolls? I can't seem to find any definitive info about this... :-(
What is it you're trying to do? Current regulations require you have a specific place to stay outside of Male, and the places you are allowed to stay are listed at the Male government website. Boat travel between the airport and the resorts is set up by the resorts themselves, so there wouldn't be any unexpected restrictions. If you're trying to visit a specific island after arriving at your resort, you could inquire of the resort whether they can/will take you there.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 9:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG PA, Hilton Sucks, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by joecool1885
What is it you're trying to do? Current regulations require you have a specific place to stay outside of Male, and the places you are allowed to stay are listed at the Male government website. Boat travel between the airport and the resorts is set up by the resorts themselves, so there wouldn't be any unexpected restrictions. If you're trying to visit a specific island after arriving at your resort, you could inquire of the resort whether they can/will take you there.
Ahh this is useful information, thanks. I will look for the list on the Male government website.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold
For anyone reading, the Maldives on 18 October extended the time you have to obtain your PCR test from 72 hours to 96 hours before departure.

https://visitmaldives.com/en/news/ma...riod-to-96-hrs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.