Maldives

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maldives

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:58 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Thanks for the information!! I don’t need one to travel back to Austria but thought we’d have to get one for the airport.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 11:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
It says if staying in a guesthouse on an inhabited island, must do a PCR test 72hr before leaving. But I arrive at the guesthouse within 72hr - it's at the end of my trip. Does anyone know how that works?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
Please note Qatar put the Maldives on its Red Country list as of 30 Jan.
Qatar the country or the airline? If airline, implication?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 11:39 pm

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by italdesign
Qatar the country or the airline? If airline, implication?
The country- so if you enter Doha after staying in the Maldives then you need to complete a 2-day quarantine assuming you are fully vaccinated.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
It says if staying in a guesthouse on an inhabited island, must do a PCR test 72hr before leaving. But I arrive at the guesthouse within 72hr - it's at the end of my trip. Does anyone know how that works?
Let me check and get back to you. The main reason is that once you are in a resort then you are sort of isolated and anyone who goes to the resort, be it staff or not has to have a negative PCR test. It does not work that way in a guest house. That is the main reason for the PCR test for the guest house.

Update. Yes if you are not coming from a resort then you have to do a PCR test. So guest houses have to ensure that their guests do a PCR test and otherwise they will be fined and the customers could be fined too.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd
Let me check and get back to you. The main reason is that once you are in a resort then you are sort of isolated and anyone who goes to the resort, be it staff or not has to have a negative PCR test. It does not work that way in a guest house. That is the main reason for the PCR test for the guest house.

Update. Yes if you are not coming from a resort then you have to do a PCR test. So guest houses have to ensure that their guests do a PCR test and otherwise they will be fined and the customers could be fined too.
Thank you. I'm coming FROM a resort TO a guesthouse, arriving at the guesthouse LESS THAN 72hr from leaving Maldives. Do I still need a PCR test while in Maldives?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
The country- so if you enter Doha after staying in the Maldives then you need to complete a 2-day quarantine assuming you are fully vaccinated.
No quarantine if just transiting in Doha, hopefully? It's an overnight layover (arrive 10pm, leave 8am) but on one QR ticket.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. I'm coming FROM a resort TO a guesthouse, arriving at the guesthouse LESS THAN 72hr from leaving Maldives. Do I still need a PCR test while in Maldives?
Yes you need one. If you get registered at the Guest house then you need one. Last week there has been incidents of guests staying in guest houses and trying get away without test and getting caught and when tested being positive too. So they have become more strict with that now.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
From the good news department:
The site that one has to submit a traveler health declaration: https://imuga.immigration.gov.mv/ethd
"COVID-19 Travel Advisory
Recent updates;

Effective from March 5th, 2022, the following changes have been brought regarding the PCR requirement;
  1. Vaccinated travelers are NO LONGER required to present a PCR test result upon arrival to the Maldives.
  2. Vaccinated tourists who stay on the inhabited islands are NO LONGER required to present the PCR test result during departure."
Old Mar 5, 2022, 4:28 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
TIMATIC still isn't updated, and airlines haven't updated their documentation either. Flying SFO-DOH-MLE on Friday, will probably still get a PCR done to avoid trouble.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
When does TIMATIC update? I thought it was daily? Asking because my flight is also Friday.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 9:40 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SvenB1414
When does TIMATIC update? I thought it was daily? Asking because my flight is also Friday.
It updates whenever someone at IATA gets around to it.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
TIMATIC still isn't updated, and airlines haven't updated their documentation either. Flying SFO-DOH-MLE on Friday, will probably still get a PCR done to avoid trouble.
Airlines flying into MLE get circulars direct from The Maldives Civil Aviation Authority. So it should not be an issue.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
It updates whenever someone at IATA gets around to it.
Agreed, but IATA claims "65 updates per day"...Would be great if anyone has any current reports this week.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:47 am

We fly out of JFK next week and glad to see Emirates website was finally updated with the PCR exemption for fully vaccinated travelers.
Exemptions

The following categories of travellers are exempt from the pre‑departure COVID‑19 PCR testing requirement:
  • All Passengers and airline crew travelling to the Maldives are exempted from pre‑entry PCR requirement, if they have completed the prescribed dose(s) of a COVID‑ l9 Vaccine approved by the World Health organization in Emergency Use Listing (EUL) or the Maldives Food and Drug Authority and at least 14 (fourteen) days have passed after the prescribed doses(s), Prior to entry into the Maldives.
  • Children below one year old
  • Flight crew arriving on General Declaration and not exceeding a stay of 7 days
Passengers who have recovered from COVID‑19

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.