Reload this Page >

Ask us about Vietnam

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask us about Vietnam

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2023, 11:46 am

Can someone tell me the best way to book a private berth cabin on a train from Nihn Bihn to Dong Hoi for 2 people?
Old Jun 3, 2023, 8:13 pm

You can check out dsvn dot vn or baolau dot com site for booking trains.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 6:52 pm

Thank you so much.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 9:08 pm

Has anyone used the Tan Son Nhat Airport Immigration Fast Track Service that is offered by hotels e.g., the Fast Track Service by Park Hyatt Saigon. Scheduled to arrive at 11AM on a Thursday so wondering if it'll save me that much time. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 10:42 pm

Never used it.
I have arrived at that time maybe half a dozen times now and never needed to wait very long for immigration.
Even if you did use it, you could be waiting for your baggage anyway.
At that hour of the day I wouldn't worry about it.
​​
Old Jun 5, 2023, 10:16 am

Hello:

I will travel to Hanoi in November 2023 and March 2024. I am thinking of a direct transfer from the airport to Cat Ba island. However, there is a risk of flight delays.

When I went to Danang three times in 2019 (CX error fare), two out of the three flights into Danang were significantly delayed. May I ask if this is a common phenomenon?

Thanks.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 10:43 pm

As for flight delays, it is not uncommon in VN.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 9:57 am

Hello All, Some basic questions about a potential first-time Vietnam trip:
Dates - mid-Dec (total 7 to 9 days on the ground).

We like learning / seeing -- historical and cultural aspects; scenic sights; walking through local markets; etc.
Considering these interests = please give your thoughts on the itinerary below:

Land in Hanoi - Spend 3 nights in HAN = local sightseeing, etc.
Next destination DAD - likely stay 3 nights in Hoi An (will include R and R; and maybe visiting sights in Danang).
Considering couple of nights in Con Dao (six senses)...but not firm
Last one or two nights in SGN and depart from SGN if flight schedules work.
(Should we include SGN in this trip? or stick to Hanoi to enter/exit the country?)

Thank you for your thoughts in advance.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 4:48 pm

We went to Vietnam for our first trip about 6 months ago in December. We loved Hanoi and Saigon. They are completely different but they are both definitely worth seeing. Saigon is exciting and vibrant, while Hanoi is a bit slower paced but beautiful. I will probably be in a minority here when I say that Hoi An on the other hand is not worth 3 nights. While the buildings in the Old Town were beautiful, the tacky tasteless merchandise that was for sale in the buildings was a huge letdown. Instead of actual handicrafts, the stores in the Old Town were filled with T-shirts, sandals, cheap leather bags, plastic toys.

Last edited by Tardis_mom; Jun 7, 2023 at 4:55 pm
Old Jun 7, 2023, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by ft4lyf

We like learning / seeing -- historical and cultural aspects; scenic sights; walking through local markets; etc.

Next destination DAD - likely stay 3 nights in Hoi An (will include R and R; and maybe visiting sights in Danang).
(Should we include SGN in this trip? or stick to Hanoi to enter/exit the country?)

Mid December is the winter time in North (Hanoi) so it might be light rains there as well as Danang/ Hoian.
Phu Quoc island is a better option than Con Dao island at that time, weather wise.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by Tardis_mom
We went to Vietnam for our first trip about 6 months ago in December. We loved Hanoi and Saigon. They are completely different but they are both definitely worth seeing. Saigon is exciting and vibrant, while Hanoi is a bit slower paced but beautiful. I will probably be in a minority here when I say that Hoi An on the other hand is not worth 3 nights. While the buildings in the Old Town were beautiful, the tacky tasteless merchandise that was for sale in the buildings was a huge letdown. Instead of actual handicrafts, the stores in the Old Town were filled with T-shirts, sandals, cheap leather bags, plastic toys.
Thank you for this!!
Old Jun 8, 2023, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by dinhoecotour
Mid December is the winter time in North (Hanoi) so it might be light rains there as well as Danang/ Hoian.
Phu Quoc island is a better option than Con Dao island at that time, weather wise.
thank you! great to know.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by ft4lyf

I think 3 nights in Hoi An is too much. Add that night to SGN.
ft4lyf and Tardis_mom like this.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Barkinpark
I think 3 nights in Hoi An is too much. Add that night to SGN.
thank you!
Old Jun 9, 2023, 2:50 am

Basically, it is one day for Cu Chi tunnels (Half a day) & Saigon city tour (Half a day) and one more day for Mekong Delta tour while you are in HCMC.
You need at least 3 nights for Con Dao island or Phu Quoc island. Mui Ne beach on mainland is also an option for 2 nights at that time.
Due to the limited time, pick two big cities (Hanoi, Danang and HCMC) and their surrounding areas would be better.
It is your plan!
Barkinpark likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.