Reload this Page >

What to do while in Bali - the good and what not to do

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to do while in Bali - the good and what not to do

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2013, 1:12 pm

Is it possible to do a one day trip to Rinca island from Bali to see the Komodo dragons, meaning get a round trip ticket to LBJ in one day and hire a boat to take me to see them?
Old May 2, 2013, 7:25 am

Programs: AA, Aeroplan, CX Gold, MR PLat
My son wants to see the Komodo dragons too

Anyone seen them in August? Thinking it may be too hot to enjoy with our kids :0

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction..._Tenggara.html

Originally Posted by awardticket
Is it possible to do a one day trip to Rinca island from Bali to see the Komodo dragons, meaning get a round trip ticket to LBJ in one day and hire a boat to take me to see them?
Old May 2, 2013, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Misnerfamily
Anyone seen them in August? Thinking it may be too hot to enjoy with our kids :0

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction..._Tenggara.html
I found a company that can take you from the airport in LBJ to Rinca island on a speedboat in a half hour vs a 2 hour each way trip giving you more than enough time plus a snorkeling stop. Only issue is I am going myself and trying to cut the costs. Without the speedboat option you only have a bit over an hour on the island cannot imagine that is worth it. I am trying to see if I can put together a group for July 24th, not sure how to go about doing that though.
Old May 3, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: AA, Aeroplan, CX Gold, MR PLat
Any idea the cost of the speedboat? Any link?

What's the cost for the speedboat? There will be 4 of us.

Too bad our dates are a bit off.....we will be there about a month later or we would gladly join you.

Cheers - Kevin

I found a company that can take you from the airport in LBJ to Rinca island on a speedboat in a half hour vs a 2 hour each way trip giving you more than enough time plus a snorkeling stop. Only issue is I am going myself and trying to cut the costs. Without the speedboat option you only have a bit over an hour on the island cannot imagine that is worth it. I am trying to see if I can put together a group for July 24th, not sure how to go about doing that though.
Old May 3, 2013, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Misnerfamily
What's the cost for the speedboat? There will be 4 of us.

Too bad our dates are a bit off.....we will be there about a month later or we would gladly join you.

Cheers - Kevin
Price in Rupiah: 5.650.000,-...IDR PER PERSON, QUOTED MINIMUM 2 PEOPLE FOR ONE TIME DEPARTURE

Komodo mega tours is the company that gave me this quote. I agree shame our dates are off.
Old May 6, 2013, 12:08 pm

Are there any companies that offer day trips from Sanur to Nusa Lembognan with a tour of the island as well as a beginner dive or snorkel on the way in or out?
Old May 6, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Are there any companies that offer day trips from Sanur to Nusa Lembognan with a tour of the island as well as a beginner dive or snorkel on the way in or out?
As I will be staying in the Sanur area for 4 nights this is something I might want to do also. Turns out my sister and her family will be joining us at Villa Vishnu for the 4 nights so there would be 6 of us.

I'll await a response to this query.

Last edited by susiesan; May 7, 2013 at 11:26 am
Old May 26, 2013, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP
This may be too late a response, but for general interest, the very nice guy we renting from in Sanur sent me the following:

The.snorkeling.is not great around Sanur and you would need to go further afield so a two hour trip is not really feasible. I would suggest a day trip to Lembongan island which is just off the coast of Sanur. .The ferry ride takes around 25 minutes and costs US$15 each way. From there you could then hire a boat and driver to take you to the.snorkelling.sites which would cost around $25 to $35 for as long as you liked. Generally the difference in the price depends on which sites you choose and how far they have to travel to get there. Extra fuel equals extra costs.

Another way to get there is to go with one of the scuba operators based in Sanur. They have boats taking divers out every day and they will take extras who want to just.snorkel.for $50 per person including lunch. This is a full day trip. Go to www.baliscuba.com for more info.

And yet another way to go there is with one of the large operators who have a pontoon moored over a reef on Lembongan and take day trips on large.catamarans. These boats carry up to 200 people so it's a bit of a different experience. Go to www.balihaicruises.com for more info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.