Best steak house in Buenos Aires

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best steak house in Buenos Aires

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:36 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by tuchop
I might join you, lol.
This can (and should) be arranged.... ^

And remember, since Im ITB I will always have a little fermented grape juice to wash down the "chow"....

Do let me know next time you are down in EZE.....

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:37 pm

How do you say medium rare in Argentina. In Mexico it is medio rojo
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
So, am heading to BA this weekend with another couple, and this time on a bit of a budget (so no Angelica Zapata, sadly)... without having to venture 1h out of town, or go to depressingly sad places, where should I head? Parrilla Peña? I used to be a huge fan of la Brigada, but haven't been for about 3 years and heard bad things.

Anything worth trying in Palermo? Always been intrigued by Club Eros... Worth splashing out at La Cabrera? Personally I wasn't too impressed with it in the past, but again, heard rave reviews at Guia Oleo.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RafKa
So, am heading to BA this weekend with another couple, and this time on a bit of a budget (so no Angelica Zapata, sadly)... without having to venture 1h out of town, or go to depressingly sad places, where should I head? Parrilla Peña? I used to be a huge fan of la Brigada, but haven't been for about 3 years and heard bad things.

Anything worth trying in Palermo? Always been intrigued by Club Eros... Worth splashing out at La Cabrera? Personally I wasn't too impressed with it in the past, but again, heard rave reviews at Guia Oleo.
Ate at Parilla Pena a few weeks ago, and very much enjoyed it. Haven't eaten at any of the other places mentioned in this thread though, so I can't compare.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas

You don't want to return to La Brigada. (Although I suppose the good news is that no one has been murdered there in nearly 4 months.)
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
... where should I head? ...
Without a doubt http://legrill.com.ar/eng/ Menu with pricing is online so you can see if this what you want/can afford. With four people it would be an excellent choice in that you can share appetizers and sides without ending up with too much food.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
... Anything worth trying in Palermo? ...
If you don't restrict yourself to cows try the tasting menu at http://www.astorbistro.com/

We went there in January and thoroughly enjoyed it http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24096817-post690.html
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Originally Posted by SoFlyOn
Without a doubt http://legrill.com.ar/eng/ Menu with pricing is online so you can see if this what you want/can afford. With four people it would be an excellent choice in that you can share appetizers and sides without ending up with too much food.
I agree. Four of us shared two steak tastings and the one non-beef eater had the chicken. All great, and the sides excellent. The matte soufflé for desert is a must!
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:52 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by sonomawine
I agree. Four of us shared two steak tastings and the one non-beef eater had the chicken. All great, and the sides excellent. The matte soufflé for desert is a must!
Good to know Le Grill is still delivering the goods.... I have a wine dinner with Clients this Saturday... ^
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club

I'm a Big Fan of Parrilla Pena. Hands down my best experience in BsAs. I like the old school charm, no fuss, and down right good meat. Try it, I'm sure you will like it.. Safe Travels and Happy Eating..
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Good to know Le Grill is still delivering the goods.... I have a wine dinner with Clients this Saturday... ^
It is also one of the few homes for four legged creatures that have had their legs removed where one can actually enjoy conversation, have decent service, and not smell like 101 various airborne carcinogens for the next 12 hours (or until one changes clothes and showers after eating).
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I'm a Big Fan of Parrilla Pena. Hands down my best experience in BsAs. I like the old school charm, no fuss, and down right good meat. Try it, I'm sure you will like it.. Safe Travels and Happy Eating..
Thanks for the reminder about Parrila Penia..... I haven't been there in AGES.... guess we will have to change that soon. Thanks again !! ^
Old May 5, 2015, 3:42 pm

Le Grill very good. Just ate there. El Stable very good for lunch and very reasonable
Old May 11, 2015, 7:09 pm

My last visit to Le Grill was good... albeit not stellar. I have to remind myself to ask the waiter to have the guy working the grill to go easy on the Salt.
Old May 12, 2015, 9:00 am

Guacho: what is the name of the restaurant on the block behind the Alvear (green canopy). My cousin and I went there for lunch on Friday afternoon when we arrived back in BA and it was excellent. It started with an "F".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.