Best steak house in Buenos Aires

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best steak house in Buenos Aires

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2009, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by ziobacio
......We spend a month in Bs As each year (our summer, their winter) to escape the TX heat, and are headed back in late August. We rent an apartment a few blocks from La Cholita and eat there often.....
OT: Looked at the photos at your apartment ... looks really nice. Can you post a link of the agency who rented the apartment to you. Thanks.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 12:35 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by aau
As I will be traveling solo, does anyone have a recommendation for a eatery where I can get some authentic Argentine beef/steak in a very casual setting? Even takeaway would be fine. I read about a famous deli in Puerto Madero where I'm staying, but I can't remember the name right now. TIA

You can dine on sidewalk seating at La Cabrera

(yes that is a soda)
Old Jun 29, 2009, 2:40 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by deniah
(yes that is a soda)
Old Jun 30, 2009, 1:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by USAFAN
OT: Looked at the photos at your apartment ... looks really nice. Can you post a link of the agency who rented the apartment to you. Thanks.
We rent directly from the owner. There's lots of places listed on vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owner). I noticed in the sticky thread in this forum someone mentioned bytargentina, which we used a couple years ago, and Buenos Aires Habitat, which looks promising.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by ziobacio
We rent directly from the owner. There's lots of places listed on vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owner). I noticed in the sticky thread in this forum someone mentioned bytargentina, which we used a couple years ago, and Buenos Aires Habitat, which looks promising.
ziobacio:

THANKS!!
Old Jul 1, 2009, 1:50 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Buenos Aires Habitat is a top choice for rentals.... ^
Old Jul 3, 2009, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Thumbs up

My favourite steak place is La Lechuza in Palermo Soho... authentic, full of Argentine memorabilia, friendly service, inexpensive and very quality food! Ask for "Bife de chorizo" or "Vacio". If you're looking to meet new people go on a Tuesday or Thursday because in Plaza Armenia there's a pub crawl you can join in on! That's what I did and it was a great evening!

Have fun!
Old Aug 1, 2009, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by justmeagain
just a few experiences I've had:

First place I went to was Las Nazarenas since it was close by to the hotel. I got bife de lomo and it was pretty good. Service was somewhat questionable. I went a second time about 2 days later and go the bife de chorizo and wasn't good at all. Plus the service seemed to be even worse than before. I wouldn't really recommend this place.

After the first 2 visits to Las Nazarenas, I went to La Brigada in San Telmo. It was absolutely wonderful. Service was excellent and waiters gave me a good laugh, steak was awesome (got bife de chorizo), the dessert - dulce de leche pancakes (forgot the Spanish name for it) was to die for. It was a comfortable environment.

Last 2 visits I went to El Establo and would definitely recommend this place as well. First visit here I got the bife de lomo and was very tender. Second time I go bife de chorizo and was very flavorful. Service is excellent and the environment is very comfortable/casual.
Back in Buenos Aires again and I've been back to El Establo 7 times in 2.5 weeks (I am definitely a beef fan). Unfortunately, quality seemed to have gone down each time I visited. However, service has been excellent every visit.

I went to La Cabrera for the first time today and was impressed. Champagne was served while waiting for a seat, multiple side items were served before the bife de chorizo arrived, more side items with the bife de chorizo, champagne again after the meal, and the waiter was very attentive. Of course, the bife de chorizo was very flavorful, thick, and delicious. I'll have to try the lomo next time.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 6:30 pm

Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; Series60/5.0 NokiaN97-3/10.2.012; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1; en-us) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) WicKed/7.1.12344)

just a few experiences I've had:

First place I went to was Las Nazarenas since it was close by to the hotel. I got bife de lomo and it was pretty good. Service was somewhat questionable. I went a second time about 2 days later and go the bife de chorizo and wasn't good at all. Plus the service seemed to be even worse than before. I wouldn't really recommend this place.

After the first 2 visits to Las Nazarenas, I went to La Brigada in San Telmo. It was absolutely wonderful. Service was excellent and waiters gave me a good laugh, steak was awesome (got bife de chorizo), the dessert - dulce de leche pancakes (forgot the Spanish name for it) was to die for. It was a comfortable environment.

Last 2 visits I went to El Establo and would definitely recommend this place as well. First visit here I got the bife de lomo and was very tender. Second time I go bife de chorizo and was very flavorful. Service is excellent and the environment is very comfortable/casual.
Back in Buenos Aires again and I've been back to El Establo 7 times in 2.5 weeks (I am definitely a beef fan). Unfortunately, quality seemed to have gone down each time I visited. However, service has been excellent every visit.

I went to La Cabrera for the first time today and was impressed. Champagne was served while waiting for a seat, multiple side items were served before the bife de chorizo arrived, more side items with the bife de chorizo, champagne again after the meal, and the waiter was very attentive. Of course, the bife de chorizo was very flavorful, thick, and delicious. I'll have to try the lomo next time.
Thanks for the report.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 6:00 pm

Since FTers are planning a steak dinner for the upcoming Do... I think a bump of this thread is in order...
Old Sep 5, 2009, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by Siempre Viajando
As I'm sure Gaucho100K will point out, there are oodles of good steak restaurants in BA. I'll just name one well-known favorite which is Cabaña Las Lilas, in the old docklands of Puerto Madero. Food is all-round excellent, good ambiance, prices high by BA standards but reasonable by international standards. Expect a pretty touristy experience as most of the customers will likely be English-speaking foreigners. Reservations recommended in my experience unless you're arriving before 21:00 or after midnight.
On my first night in Buenos Aires during my second trip to "The Paris of the South," 12 of us dined at this restaurant and were quite impressed as well as satisfied.

Although we spent more here than at other places where we were to go later, we enjoyed the overall experience, and I would and plan to go again!
Old Sep 6, 2009, 4:11 am

Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; Series60/5.0 NokiaN97-3/10.2.012; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1; en-us) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) WicKed/7.1.12344)

Originally Posted by Eddwarm
Originally Posted by Siempre Viajando
As I'm sure Gaucho100K will point out, there are oodles of good steak restaurants in BA. I'll just name one well-known favorite which is Cabaña Las Lilas, in the old docklands of Puerto Madero. Food is all-round excellent, good ambiance, prices high by BA standards but reasonable by international standards. Expect a pretty touristy experience as most of the customers will likely be English-speaking foreigners. Reservations recommended in my experience unless you're arriving before 21:00 or after midnight.
On my first night in Buenos Aires during my second trip to "The Paris of the South," 12 of us dined at this restaurant and were quite impressed as well as satisfied.

Although we spent more here than at other places where we were to go later, we enjoyed the overall experience, and I would and plan to go again!
this board knows about my 'issues' with Cabania las Lilas.... but Im glad to hear that folks still had a positive experience.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 2:55 pm

El desnivel steak house

try them they are in defensa 855 san telmo
Old Sep 18, 2009, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Footballadict
try them they are in defensa 855 san telmo
That is a regular stop of mine. Convenient, affordable, simple, and my friend who lives a few blocks away loves it (a vegetarian who orders provoleta and fries, every time!)
Old Aug 7, 2011, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by tazi
My favorite was El Establo followed by Rio Alba. Please note though that I have only visited one time and have yet to make may way to many of the places that come recommended.
We tried El Establo tonight, and enjoyed it very much. The portions were quite large, and the meat was very good. The menu advised with english in brackets that it was cooked on a wood stove, and this was evident, as you could taste the charred edges.

Its located approx 3 blocks from the Sheraton Libertador at Paraguay 489.

One question I had. When the cheque came, the waiter advised a tip was not included, but the bill had a $24 peso charge for servicios on it. Is tipping expected in BsA or does the table service on the bill cover it?

Sorry to bump an old thread, thought it fit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.