Reload this Page >

Rules on Transporting Wine out of EZE to the USA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rules on Transporting Wine out of EZE to the USA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2010, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by andimal
Any recent updates from anyone getting hassled checking in wine at EZE?
No issues, some may ask for you to sign the waiver. I always do, less headache. I shipped more than 10 (12) Bottle Styro Shippers in 2009 and never an issue going via UA EZE-IAD-LAX.. Customs in IAD had me go to secondary twice without opening the boxes and looked at my delaration. Passed me both times without opening the boxes. My tip, bring a roll of 2" clear tape, seal all corners well and all will be fine in my personal opinion.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
No issues, some may ask for you to sign the waiver. I always do, less headache. I shipped more than 10 (12) Bottle Styro Shippers in 2009 and never an issue going via UA EZE-IAD-LAX.. Customs in IAD had me go to secondary twice without opening the boxes and looked at my delaration. Passed me both times without opening the boxes. My tip, bring a roll of 2" clear tape, seal all corners well and all will be fine in my personal opinion.
Great, thanks!
Old Feb 4, 2010, 6:40 pm

I brought back 6 bottles in Mid January (using a wine shipper). No problems whatsoever. Too bad I haven't been home long enough to enjoy.

That being said, while I was going through security at EZE, I saw someone put 2 pak bottle of wine into the xray machine. Security didn't stop them as they picked up the bottles and headed towards immigration.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 3:38 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; Series60/5.0 NokiaN97-3/12.2.024; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1; en-us) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) BrowserNG7.1.12344)

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
excellent advice above... make sure to declare all the bottles you have and you will be fine... US customs is very easy going with wine if you are upfront about it.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 1:46 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; Series60/5.0 NokiaN97-3/12.2.024; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1; en-us) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) BrowserNG7.1.12344)

Styrofoam shippers are pricey here in EZE.... Its best to bring a couple of empty ones from the US if you can...
Old Feb 20, 2010, 9:44 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Smile Wine and Water in B.A. last night

The main challenge during last night's rain and flooding in Buenos Aires and specifically Palermo was getting wines from your shop back to our hotel. Thanks for expediting delivery today instead. They've arrived safe and sound much to the admiration (and envy?) of the hotel employees.

Thanks for your hospitality and assistance, Alex. ^ We'll plan on returning with our shipping box after the cruise to pick up a case to take home.

Cheers,
Brian and Kathy
Old Feb 20, 2010, 1:55 pm

Dear Kathy & Brian... thanks for the kind words, it was a pleasure to meet you both. Please feel free to email or PM me for anything you need.

Cheers,
Alex
Old Mar 12, 2010, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA DL WN
Estimated cost for shipping a case to USA ?

Senor Gaucho- thank you for the valuable information you provide to us all.
I pose a question that no doubt you have been asked a million times before. Sorry , about the repetition.
I will be in BA this upcoming week and would like to purchase a case of Wine from you. Can you provide an aproximate idea of the cost to ship the wine to the USA (Dallas Texas) ..Sadly, I will not be able to carry the wine as luggage, so surface or other ground or air shipping is pretty much my only option.

Muchas gracias !
Old Mar 13, 2010, 5:11 am

Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

Originally Posted by DFWguy
Senor Gaucho- thank you for the valuable information you provide to us all.
I pose a question that no doubt you have been asked a million times before. Sorry , about the repetition.
I will be in BA this upcoming week and would like to purchase a case of Wine from you. Can you provide an aproximate idea of the cost to ship the wine to the USA (Dallas Texas) ..Sadly, I will not be able to carry the wine as luggage, so surface or other ground or air shipping is pretty much my only option.

Muchas gracias !
Dear DFWGuy-- Would be happy to assist you with your wine shipping needs. I will PM you the details of our current shipping rates and promotions.

Cheers,
Gaucho100K
Old Mar 13, 2010, 7:53 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Four Legs on Two Airlines Without a Drop Spilled

FWIW we flew out of EZE a few days ago with a case of wine from Gaucho's shop, after sampling two cases he selected for us during our two-week cruise with friends. We'd brought our own shipping box as per Gaucho's advice and packed it ourselves. We spent about US$10 getting it "wrapped" at the airport as an additional precaution. We flew EZE-IAD-LAX on UA. IIRC UA didn't ask us to sign a waiver. Customs at IAD just waved us through.

We flew LAX-SEA-BLI on Alaska. They asked us to sign a waiver. We picked up our wine at the baggage claim and drove home about 27 hours after leaving EZE without a drop spilled.

Thanks Gaucho! ^

Last edited by Fredd; Mar 13, 2010 at 8:09 am
Old Mar 14, 2010, 4:23 am

Hi Fredd-- very glad to read that your wines arrived in good shape... thanks for taking time to report back. Hope you guys can make it down for the Cow Do... dont forget to start shopping around for fares.....
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

Dear DFWGuy-- Would be happy to assist you with your wine shipping needs. I will PM you the details of our current shipping rates and promotions.

Cheers,
Gaucho100K
Alex, could you PM me those promotions as well? There's some juice that isn't exported that I'd like to get my hands on if there shipping isn't too prohibitive.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by davescharf
Alex, could you PM me those promotions as well? There's some juice that isn't exported that I'd like to get my hands on if there shipping isn't too prohibitive.
PM sent !!!
Old Mar 17, 2010, 7:51 pm

Please PM me also. I would like to get some.

I was in BA in December and had no issue with bringing back 2 cases on UA. I had the hotel pack them and no problems either at check in or customs at IAD

Last edited by dcpremex; Apr 17, 2010 at 8:04 am
Old Mar 18, 2010, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by dcpremex
Please PM me also. I would like to get some.
PM sent !!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.