Rules on Transporting Wine out of EZE to the USA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rules on Transporting Wine out of EZE to the USA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2009, 7:02 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Styro shippers are not easily found in Buenos Aires, and they are very expensive in Argentina. If you have room and are up for it, I suggest you bring one down from the US.... they are dime a dozen in most large US cities, but cost an arm and a leg in EZE.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Styro shippers are not easily found in Buenos Aires, and they are very expensive in Argentina. If you have room and are up for it, I suggest you bring one down from the US.... they are dime a dozen in most large US cities, but cost an arm and a leg in EZE.
Is there a "special" Styrofoam wine shipper or do you just mean a Styrofoam cooler? Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 7:15 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Actually bring your own styrofoam wine container is quite simple if you need to bring some reasonable quality wine with you........

Perhaps a thread for the arrangement of trading same?

I may have some of that 6-year-old shiraz left when I next return to Argentina.

Fred
Old Jan 3, 2010, 12:53 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

Originally Posted by i'mlovin'it
Is there a "special" Styrofoam wine shipper or do you just mean a Styrofoam cooler? Thanks.
I mean actual wine shippers, the coolers dont do the job...
Old Jan 3, 2010, 6:38 pm

If you are serious about trading wine, I'm game. I do this quite a bit with folks that write on some of the wine bulletin boards that Im a member of.

Im always looking for some of the top Ozzie Shiraz labels.... if you have any of these in your cellar and want to trade for some high-end Malbecs let me know... ^

Originally Posted by wandering_fred
Actually bring your own styrofoam wine container is quite simple if you need to bring some reasonable quality wine with you........

Perhaps a thread for the arrangement of trading same?

I may have some of that 6-year-old shiraz left when I next return to Argentina.

Fred
Old Jan 4, 2010, 7:06 am

Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

I mean actual wine shippers, the coolers dont do the job...
Perfect. Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2010, 2:44 pm

The only real alternative (of sorts) to Styro Shippers is using bubble wrap and placing bottles in your suitcase... still, you run the chance of getting clothes stained....
Old Jan 4, 2010, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
The only real alternative (of sorts) to Styro Shippers is using bubble wrap and placing bottles in your suitcase... still, you run the chance of getting clothes stained....
I would not go the bubblewrap route. You are subject to additional TSA screening in the USA if you connect after your Port of Entry. This for sure will make your bottle more prone to breakage if they do not place it under your fluffy stuff The styro boxes can be found and PM me if you like for a place in Mendoza where you could purchase them ( no affiliation to me )They are a little high in price, but they have the 12 bottle shippers and I buy them all the time..
Old Jan 5, 2010, 10:46 am

If someone needs a place to buy Styro shippers in Buenos Aires, please PM me and I will provide details. Three models are available, to accomodate 12, 6 and 4 bottles.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I would not go the bubblewrap route. You are subject to additional TSA screening in the USA if you connect after your Port of Entry. This for sure will make your bottle more prone to breakage if they do not place it under your fluffy stuff The styro boxes can be found and PM me if you like for a place in Mendoza where you could purchase them ( no affiliation to me )They are a little high in price, but they have the 12 bottle shippers and I buy them all the time..
From someone who struggled to find shippers in Mendoza on our trip last year, it would be great to have a plan for how you'll get the wine home. We thought it would be really easy to find them but were shocked at how difficult it turned out to be.

Eventually we found two 12-bottle shippers at Ampora Wine Tours (the last two they had) but even the Vines of Mendoza couldn't give us many ideas.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 1:03 pm

If someone needs a place to buy Styro shippers in Buenos Aires, please PM me and I will provide details. Three models are available, to accomodate 12, 6 and 4 bottles.
The full 3 cases made it safely on EZE-SCL // SCL-IPC // IPC-SCL-MIA over the past week or so.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by davescharf
From someone who struggled to find shippers in Mendoza on our trip last year, it would be great to have a plan for how you'll get the wine home. We thought it would be really easy to find them but were shocked at how difficult it turned out to be.

Eventually we found two 12-bottle shippers at Ampora Wine Tours (the last two they had) but even the Vines of Mendoza couldn't give us many ideas.
80 pesos ARG for each 12 bottle shipper. Have used them all the time and work very well. Just pack a roll of 2" clear tape when you leave from home and your ready to pack.. You can get them from a local wine shop in Mendoza. Feel free to PM me for the details.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 10:56 am

AR$80 for a 12 bottle shipper is an unbeatable price... they are much more expensive in EZE Im afraid.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:26 pm

Any recent updates from anyone getting hassled checking in wine at EZE?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 2:57 pm

Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; Series60/5.0 NokiaN97-3/12.2.024; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1; en-us) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) BrowserNG7.1.12344)

Originally Posted by andimal
Any recent updates from anyone getting hassled checking in wine at EZE?
Just had clients check various cases on AA with no issues...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.