Reload this Page >

Rules on Transporting Wine out of EZE to the USA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rules on Transporting Wine out of EZE to the USA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Any news on this front? Very likely to bring an empty case-sized shipper box to EZE and fly home with it full on Delta in a couple months. Hoping all remains ok.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:35 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
All is well.... Delta seems to have updated/trained their EZE ground staff as Ive had lots of clients on the EZE to ATL flight over the past year and Ive not had one incident of problems at check-on. UA and AA have always been very wine friendly, so there is nothing to worry about.

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Any news on this front? Very likely to bring an empty case-sized shipper box to EZE and fly home with it full on Delta in a couple months. Hoping all remains ok.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:45 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:42 pm

MDZ to LAX

Just returned from 2 weeks in Mendoza, and brought back 2 cases of wine. For wine country this should be commonplace but it was surprising that many wineries did not have the styrofoam boxes or had no idea whether we could take wine back. We did track down a supply company in the city with the boxes. In LAX we were sent to secondary customs review after a 30 minute wait and the agent didn't know what she was talking about... Tried to tell us we were only allowed 1 liter per person total. Fortunately I had the CBP website open on my phone and showed her that it says you get 1 liter duty free and 3% duty on each bottle after. She was gracious and let us through without paying the $9 fee, just asked is to think of her when we drink it! So go through LAX well prepared.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 9:16 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by pdxsds
Just returned from 2 weeks in Mendoza, and brought back 2 cases of wine. For wine country this should be commonplace but it was surprising that many wineries did not have the styrofoam boxes or had no idea whether we could take wine back. We did track down a supply company in the city with the boxes. In LAX we were sent to secondary customs review after a 30 minute wait and the agent didn't know what she was talking about... Tried to tell us we were only allowed 1 liter per person total. Fortunately I had the CBP website open on my phone and showed her that it says you get 1 liter duty free and 3% duty on each bottle after. She was gracious and let us through without paying the $9 fee, just asked is to think of her when we drink it! So go through LAX well prepared.
Good to know... thanks for sharing this info !!! ^
Old Nov 19, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Funny! LAX is my home airport. I normally never have any issues there. I’m always prepared with a back up declaration of what I’m caring by red or white wines and above or below 14.1% Every once in a while the officer at the exit may ask what’s in the boxes and I show them the declaration and they always lets me pass. I’ve never been to secondary, only once at IAD and let the officer know that I had a Tight connection and if you can extend any courtesy I Would appreciate it.I showed him the declaration, and he basically put two holes in my blue and white card I wasn’t global entry at that time it was several years back place a diagonal yellow marker across the blue and white card and said how’s that for a courtesy you’re free to go. Moral of the story have some documentation with you and to clear everything you have it’s just too difficult for them to figure out the HTS codes and rate the entry

Originally Posted by pdxsds
Funny! LAX is my home airport

Last edited by Flying Machine; Nov 19, 2019 at 1:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.