Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mendoza (MDZ) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: Southwest, United, American Airlines
I have a question about rental cars.

I'm looking to book with Hertz, but the office closes at 10:00PM at MDZ with no option for late drop off.

My flight out of MDZ isn't until 1:35AM.

I wanted to do dinner in the city around 9PM before flying out, but obviously that's not enough time to get the car back in time. The other problem is that the lounge closes at 10:30pm, so no point in getting to the airport early.

Any suggestions on a rental car company with a late drop off option? I'm renting the car for about 6 days (pick up/drop off at MDZ) Hertz seemed to have the best prices and I've rented from them before at this location.

Thanks
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: Southwest, United, American Airlines
Any rental car companies at MDZ with drop off available later than 10:00PM? Wanted to go with Hertz, but my flight out isn't until 1:30am. Thanks!
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:06 pm

Would visiting Mendoza be recommended for someone with interests in architecture, hiking and other outdoor pursuits, mountain scenery, but zero interest in alcohol?
Gaucho100K and stan1162 like this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Would visiting Mendoza be recommended for someone with interests in architecture, hiking and other outdoor pursuits, mountain scenery, but zero interest in alcohol?
Short answer: no.

Mendoza is very nice, but...
Architecture: Buenos Aires is, by far, the queen of Argentina.
Hiking, outdoors, mountains: Go to Patagonia. Mendoza is nice. Bariloche is Switzerland on steroids. The glaciers in El Calafate are spectacular.
Gaucho100K and MaxVO like this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:16 am
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
Heading to Uco Valley and will be there from Saturday-Monday. We will be staying at Auberge Du Vin and will have a rental car. Anyone have a must visit wineries?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by skyccord
Heading to Uco Valley and will be there from Saturday-Monday. We will be staying at Auberge Du Vin and will have a rental car. Anyone have a must visit wineries?
A late lunch at La Azul.

Note that wineries aren't typically "drop in and taste" so you may want to do a bit more homework, and consider getting a driver, because rental car or not, you'll be drinking and the roads aren't the most well-signed in the world. In any case, you'll need reservations for some of the "must visit" spots.
shuuy and catmndu like this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by skyccord
I’d strongly recommend Laureano Gomez, in Tunuyan. It’s a family affair with a very personal tasting. Perhaps combine with a lunch at Gimenez Riili and Superuco.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:12 pm
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by RafKa

I’d strongly recommend Laureano Gomez, in Tunuyan. It’s a family affair with a very personal tasting. Perhaps combine with a lunch at Gimenez Riili and Superuco.
Thanks just sent e-mails out.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA GLD for life, HH Gold, SPG gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Select, TSA pfd
My sister and I will be visiting for 26 Dec for 4 nights and staying at the Sheraton. We both speak spanish and we're looking for a guide to take us out on daily tours. We'd like to do lunch at some vineyards and light dinners back in town. We're in our late 50's but sister is nursing an ankle problem so less stairs the better. I remember we had a great lunch about 4 years ago at Zuccardi. Any help on a guide or vineyards would be appreciated. (We like Bosca, Enemigo, Salentein, Catena (I think there is more than 1, we want the antique one)).
Old Nov 4, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by georgeroads
My sister and I will be visiting for 26 Dec for 4 nights and staying at the Sheraton. We both speak spanish and we're looking for a guide to take us out on daily tours. We'd like to do lunch at some vineyards and light dinners back in town. We're in our late 50's but sister is nursing an ankle problem so less stairs the better. I remember we had a great lunch about 4 years ago at Zuccardi. Any help on a guide or vineyards would be appreciated. (We like Bosca, Enemigo, Salentein, Catena (I think there is more than 1, we want the antique one)).
Highly recommend lunch at Enemigo (especially with the Gran Enemigo pairings - unlimited refills). You can contact them via facebook chat, they were very responsive. Salentein is lovely, but their restaurant feels like a cafeteria. I much prefer ordering a bottle of sparkling wine, a charcuterie platter and sitting at their lovely bar outdoor terrace with stunning views. La Azul is still my favourite place for lunch at Valle de Uco.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by georgeroads
Miguel Sanz is as good a tour guide as you can get. Tell him what you're looking for and he will generally be able to comply. And a late lunch at La Azul will be one of the most enjoyable food and wine experiences you will ever have in La Argentina. Even if the wine isn't the best you drink (and it is very good), sitting outside in the countryside, eating great food and drinking too much wine in the informal setting will have you speaking of the meal, years later (as I am doing now). (Editing to suggest that who knows where might be closed that week, which might dictate your selections.)
Gaucho100K and catmndu like this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:59 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by RafKa
Highly recommend lunch at Enemigo (especially with the Gran Enemigo pairings - unlimited refills). You can contact them via facebook chat, they were very responsive. Salentein is lovely, but their restaurant feels like a cafeteria. I much prefer ordering a bottle of sparkling wine, a charcuterie platter and sitting at their lovely bar outdoor terrace with stunning views. La Azul is still my favourite place for lunch at Valle de Uco.
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Miguel Sanz is as good a tour guide as you can get. Tell him what you're looking for and he will generally be able to comply. And a late lunch at La Azul will be one of the most enjoyable food and wine experiences you will ever have in La Argentina. Even if the wine isn't the best you drink (and it is very good), sitting outside in the countryside, eating great food and drinking too much wine in the informal setting will have you speaking of the meal, years later (as I am doing now). (Editing to suggest that who knows where might be closed that week, which might dictate your selections.)
I strongly second both of these suggestions!

CLG
Old Dec 9, 2021, 6:37 am

Recent Recommendations

This thread has not been active recently. Any recent recommendations for Mendoza restaurants? Heading there next week. Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by PSPandBA
This thread has not been active recently. Any recent recommendations for Mendoza restaurants? Heading there next week. Thanks in advance.
Casa Vigil, not to be missed..

https://now.vinoapp.co/casa-vigil-home-sweet-home/
HIDDY likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 7:36 am

Much appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.