Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2023, 6:12 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
I think you will have to use the card at one of the desks in the arrival area. Tienda Leon is right after Customs - great range of cars but is more expensive than Ezeiza Taxi - which is located just outside the arrivals hall.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by malagajohn
I think you will have to use the card at one of the desks in the arrival area. Tienda Leon is right after Customs - great range of cars but is more expensive than Ezeiza Taxi - which is located just outside the arrivals hall.
I had a very poor experience with Ezeiza when I was there in February. They had quoted me an excellent price via Whatsapp and told me that they would take a credit card for 10% more. When I got there, they told me that they could not take credit cards. I had no pesos so I went upstairs to try and get some from Western Union, but they had none. I ended up having to book a taxi from one of the places outside of arrivals, and they were more expensive than I place I had been told about inside (but they would not allow me back in to find them). Of course, it will still cheaper than paying with US$ at the non-blue rate.
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by MisterBill; Apr 5, 2023 at 1:23 am
Old Apr 4, 2023, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
There are several in the arrivals hall, and they all seem to take CCs. (Who knows what the setup will be in what I anticipate will be a new arrivals hall in about 2 weeks). MTL is the most expensive, typically by a good chunk.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 3:58 pm

Eastbay1K , all we will have in two weeks is the new departure terminal.

the new Arrivals place is still some time away.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Eastbay1K , all we will have in two weeks is the new departure terminal.

the new Arrivals place is still some time away.
Opening the day before election day?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Opening the day before election day?
Probably be election day in 4 and a half years.

The expansion plan requires that Terminal C (Aerolineas) is demolished .

What pisses me off is that the new Departures Terminal should have opened last week , and I am traveling next week .

But it opens two days after my departure....
Old Apr 4, 2023, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Probably be election day in 4 and a half years.

The expansion plan requires that Terminal C (Aerolineas) is demolished .

What pisses me off is that the new Departures Terminal should have opened last week , and I am traveling next week .

But it opens two days after my departure....
Yup. I just missed it, too. Back in the USA. Speaking of which, I just checked my SUBE balance and I think I may be getting royally (or is that camporally) ripped off. I think some of the colectivo drivers may be inputting my destination incorrectly, as some rides seem to have been $41,34 and others $44,52 for similar distance. Somewhere there must be a libro de quejas I may be out a good $9,54!
Old Apr 4, 2023, 5:18 pm

Mierda , ten pesos - What allowance does your wife pay you right now?

Old Apr 4, 2023, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Yup. I just missed it, too. Back in the USA. Speaking of which, I just checked my SUBE balance and I think I may be getting royally (or is that camporally) ripped off. I think some of the colectivo drivers may be inputting my destination incorrectly, as some rides seem to have been $41,34 and others $44,52 for similar distance. Somewhere there must be a libro de quejas I may be out a good $9,54!
Did you know there is a grey market in Sube Crds?

Massive shortage of the cards - not sure if its the chip or the plastic.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 10:59 pm

Wicked shortage of the card.

Did you know there is a grey market in Sube Crds?

Massive shortage of the cards - not sure if its the chip or the plastic.

We got our cards in Feb 2022, when they were almost everywhere, and then left BA in July. Flash forward to our return in Dec 2022 thru Feb 2023.

While we were in Bariloche, what we noticed when riding the bus, the locals would get on without a card, and ask another local to "borrow" their card, swipe it, hand it back to the lender, and then pay them the 15 cents or whatever it was. Happened on most every bus ride.

Of all things to have a shortage of?
lsquare likes this.
Old May 17, 2023, 10:17 am

Programs: BA GfL
My elderly (80 and 78) parents are traveling to EZE this fall en route to Ushuaia for an Antarctic cruise. I haven’t been down there since 2016 so my familiarity is rusty, plus it appears that EZE itself has been going through some changes lately. A couple of questions:

- What’s the most comfortable business class flight (starting in EWR, so a connection in MIA, IAH, ATL, or PTY, it seems)? Any with lie-flat seats? They don’t want to pay up for F, but they will do business.

- Suggestions for a greeter service to pick them up at EZE? They’ll be staying a night in BsAs before heading to AEP for their flight to USH. I might even suggest that they hire someone to accompany them to AEP. They are not travel novices by any means, but my mom is a very anxious person in general and also in early stages of cognitive decline, so I’d like to make the way as smooth/guided as possible. (When I did the same trip in 2016, I got to AEP only to discover that my Aerolineas Argentinas flight had been rescheduled to two hours earlier, with no notification, and I had to do some negotiating at the counter to get on a later flight that day—that sort of experience would send my mom into a tailspin.)

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Old May 17, 2023, 11:52 pm

Cruiseline?

Originally Posted by travelmad478
My elderly (80 and 78) parents are traveling to EZE this fall en route to Ushuaia for an Antarctic cruise. I haven’t been down there since 2016 so my familiarity is rusty, plus it appears that EZE itself has been going through some changes lately. A couple of questions:

- What’s the most comfortable business class flight (starting in EWR, so a connection in MIA, IAH, ATL, or PTY, it seems)? Any with lie-flat seats? They don’t want to pay up for F, but they will do business.

- Suggestions for a greeter service to pick them up at EZE? They’ll be staying a night in BsAs before heading to AEP for their flight to USH. I might even suggest that they hire someone to accompany them to AEP. They are not travel novices by any means, but my mom is a very anxious person in general and also in early stages of cognitive decline, so I’d like to make the way as smooth/guided as possible. (When I did the same trip in 2016, I got to AEP only to discover that my Aerolineas Argentinas flight had been rescheduled to two hours earlier, with no notification, and I had to do some negotiating at the counter to get on a later flight that day—that sort of experience would send my mom into a tailspin.)

First question, who is the cruise with? When we did a couple Expedition cruises ( Antarctica & Galapagos) the little leg ( for your parents the AEP-USH) was a charter flight set up by the cruise line. They had us all "herded" to the airport together, so that might be the case with this cruise for them? That might eliviate one worry if that is the case.

What hotel will they stay at in BA? Maybe if you spring for the Four Seasons they can arrange smooth pick ups? Or maybe the Park Hyatt or Alvear palace?

I think there is a native BA here on FT that might could chime in with some contacts..
Old May 18, 2023, 6:58 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by stan1162
First question, who is the cruise with?
It’s a Quark trip. It starts in Ushuaia.
Originally Posted by stan1162
What hotel will they stay at in BA? Maybe if you spring for the Four Seasons they can arrange smooth pick ups? Or maybe the Park Hyatt or Alvear palace?
It’s not booked yet, but I might apply some pressure to get them to stay someplace upscale. This is a big splurge trip and what’s another few hundred bucks? The trickier part will be to get accompanying service to the domestic airport for the trip to USH. If they stay at the FS I’m sure it can be arranged by the concierge for some eye-watering price, but I assume there is a more economical way to do it.
Old May 18, 2023, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by travelmad478

If you can convince them to start from JFK, they can get a nonstop on American. I'd think that a car service to JFK is better than a connection at an airport somewhere mid-trip.
As for ground transportation, can you check with whichever hotel you book to see if they offer the service? As suggested, if you go with the better hotels near Recoleta (Park Hyatt, Alvear Palace, Four Seasons), they should be able to offer/arrange such services. Additionally, the hotels are well-located for getting to AEP the next day.
Snuggs likes this.
Old May 18, 2023, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OskiBear
If you can convince them to start from JFK, they can get a nonstop on American. I'd think that a car service to JFK is better than a connection at an airport somewhere mid-trip.
As for ground transportation, can you check with whichever hotel you book to see if they offer the service? As suggested, if you go with the better hotels near Recoleta (Park Hyatt, Alvear Palace, Four Seasons), they should be able to offer/arrange such services. Additionally, the hotels are well-located for getting to AEP the next day.
You beat me to the punch. Otherwise, they'll have an unpleasant domestic connection on some of the USA's "finest" connecting airports, i.e., ATL, MIA, IAH, DFW. The "splurge" should be on the car service to JFK. LIM isn't actually a bad connection and SCL is an easy connection, but then they'd already have to go to JFK for the LATAM JFK/LIM or JFK/SCL flight.
travelmad478 and Snuggs like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.