Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2022, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by lsquare
Why not? I'm just starting my research on a possible trip to EZE later this year. I will need tons of advice to get the best possible experience and avoid being scammed!
Taking a bus from EZE to the City will not provide you with the "best possible experience." I don't know what more to say than that unsatisfying parental response, but I'm sure most others here would agree that "because I said so" is the appropriate reason for "why can't I take the bus from EZE?"

Also, most taxis in the City are decent - not all, but most. I also find the Cabify app useful, more so than Uber.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Why not? I'm just starting my research on a possible trip to EZE later this year. I will need tons of advice to get the best possible experience and avoid being scammed!
If you want to take a bus take Manuel Tienda Leon, It goes from the airport to their new terminal in Puerto Madero, from there you can take their Remis (Think private taxi ) to your final location, however you must ask for translado service when you book your ticket at the airport for just a few dollars more. Desk is as soon a you leave the customs area in a little vestibule before you enter the general terminal area

Last edited by Flying Machine; Apr 24, 2022 at 6:30 pm
Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Because it's a regular city bus, although I think it has pretensions to being an express service. The bus stops on the way into the city and fills up. It's slow. If you've got bags with you it could be awkward. The ride won't be so comfortable though it will be long. You need to buy a SUBE card to pay your fare: the only joy is that the fare converts into cents rather than dollars.

In short it's probably not a good introduction to the city.

At something less than $10 the Tienda Leon bus may be many times more expensive than the public bus, but it is comfortable, fast, non-stop and your bags get taken care of.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:34 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
The public bus service to EZE is intended for workers and not for tourists.

Ok it's cheap but it takes forever - you will get a tour of some low amenity areas on the outskirts of the capital.

Take a cab , they are not expensive.in US terms.
Marambio, HIDDY and lsquare like this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:36 pm

the Tienda leon Service is the one for travellers.

But if there are more than one of you , a taxi or remsie is a better deal.
Flying Machine and lsquare like this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:44 am

The website for TaxiEZE shows 3600 pesos to city center. About $36 on cc or $18 with blue dollar pesos.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Hyatt GP Platinum, *wood Gold
I am planning on taking MT Leon from EZE to my hotel via Puerto Madero, and I will only have USD and credit cards on me when I arrive at the airport. If I pay using a 50 or a 100 dollar bill, will MT Leon give me back change in pesos at the blue rate, or should I just pay with a CC instead and wait until after I've settled into my hotel room to exchange money?
Old May 26, 2022, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by milehound
I am planning on taking MT Leon from EZE to my hotel via Puerto Madero, and I will only have USD and credit cards on me when I arrive at the airport. If I pay using a 50 or a 100 dollar bill, will MT Leon give me back change in pesos at the blue rate, or should I just pay with a CC instead and wait until after I've settled into my hotel room to exchange money?
They will not give you the change in Blue, After you exit the x-ray machines and enter into the small vestibule area there will be an MTL desk..you can pay with US credit cards **make sure you ask for translado from Puerto Madero ** and give them the name and address of your hotel.. the ticket they will issue you is in two parts and make sure that your hotel name and address is printed on that ticket otherwise you’re out of luck once you reach Puerto Madero for the transfer

Last edited by Flying Machine; May 27, 2022 at 1:04 am
Old May 27, 2022, 4:37 am

CC is probably the best option for arrival.

Last edited by malagajohn; May 27, 2022 at 6:16 am
Old May 28, 2022, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
….. will MT Leon give me back change in pesos at the blue rate..?
It's probably best to understand that blue pesos don't exist outside the awkward exchange system: outside forex transacions nobody deals in blue pesos, they deal in pesos. How you acquire those pesos is very much your business: but THAT is where transactions can involve shades of blue .

You shouldn't expect an established business to act as a cambio/arbolito. Though if they did, it would make paying hotel bills a more relaxed process

As it's unlikely you'll have pesos in your pocket when you arrive, the fastest, easiest and most efficient solution is to pay for your transport into the city (limo, taxi, uber or bus) with a credit card. The caveat is the usual one - to make sure you have a card that won't hammer you with charges.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: WOH Glob
Traveling to BA with spouse in two weeks (for 10 days), side trip to the Iguazu Falls and Salta for a couple of nights (but not leaving argentina). What do I need to show to comply with requirement: "provide evidence of medical travel insurance that includes hospitalization, quarantine, and transportation coverage for COVID-19?"

My medical insurance says they will send me a letter that I have coverage but won't be specific to covid. Do I need to buy a separate travel insurance? Tips appreciated.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by TIVAgal
Traveling to BA with spouse in two weeks (for 10 days), side trip to the Iguazu Falls and Salta for a couple of nights (but not leaving argentina). What do I need to show to comply with requirement: "provide evidence of medical travel insurance that includes hospitalization, quarantine, and transportation coverage for COVID-19?"

My medical insurance says they will send me a letter that I have coverage but won't be specific to covid. Do I need to buy a separate travel insurance? Tips appreciated.
Yes, you will need a separate travel policy. I’ve recommended this site for friends and it’s somewhat inexpensive. About $25 for the month, depending on what carrier you select. I guess it would be even less for a two week trip (Depending on your age) https://www.squaremouth.com
Old Jun 4, 2022, 5:25 am

Previous posts

Originally Posted by TIVAgal

Side topic. We are here in BA and have been since end of Feb. We did Iguazu couple weeks ago, and are heading to Salta region next week. On the Normal Threads for Argentina, I did a review of our stay at Gran Melia Iguazu. If you have any questions I can answer, ask away.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:14 pm

Hi, does anyone have experience with the Sky Priority lanes at EZE in 2022? Am wondering if they save much time for international departures, or are they at least provide a more consistent time for check in, security & immigration? Flying into AEP at 5:10pm on a Tuesday evening in Dec and trying to decide if 3h 45m connection/transfer to EZE with Sky Priority is worth the risk compared to a 4h 30m connection without. Thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Dski337
Hi, does anyone have experience with the Sky Priority lanes at EZE in 2022? Am wondering if they save much time for international departures, or are they at least provide a more consistent time for check in, security & immigration? Flying into AEP at 5:10pm on a Tuesday evening in Dec and trying to decide if 3h 45m connection/transfer to EZE with Sky Priority is worth the risk compared to a 4h 30m connection without. Thanks!
Sky Priority is of no worth for EZE immigration and security. The only time saving is check in. I would never suggest less than 4 hours. You need to plan on 90 minutes vehicle time on a weekday at that hour, although it could be under an hour.
Dski337 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.