Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires F&B Scene - Volume I

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2003 | 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Cabanas Las Lilas can be inconsistent. Went on 2 consecutive nights. Ordered 2 baby bifes the 1st night, both "jugoso" or medium rare. My GF's was quite well done (done on one side, medium rare on the other), mine was as ordered. Mushrooms a la provenzal were great. Next night, she had a T-bone that did come out jugoso and was tasty. My bife de chorizo was good but not as good as others I've had (and for considerably less) elsewhere in Argentina. However, the mushrooms were way oversalted the 2nd night.

As for other dining venues, we had an inclusive dinner at the Park Chateau Kempinski. The beef medallions there were just about perfect. Very tender and tasty - one of the 3 best steaks we had (Las Lilas didn't make that list).

There's a little dinner on Talcapueho (sp - same street as the Kempinski) in the Recoleta called Norte. Excellent food regardless of price. Just ARS 19 for 2 including a bottle of wine.
Old Mar 23, 2003 | 7:15 am

Mrs. USAFAN's and my steak at Las Lilas was also not very good. We did sit outside and had a nice time.
The restaurant at Alvear Palace Hotel is very good, world-class; it's a Relais & Chateaux Restaurant.
Also restaurant LOLA in Recoletta was very good.
Old May 2, 2003 | 3:31 pm
Original Poster
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Next time in EZE, check out this place...

Divina Patagonia
Honduras 5710
Capital Federal 1417
Tel. 4771-6864

------------------
Gaucho100K
Old May 4, 2003 | 3:25 pm

What kind of food does Divina Patagonia serve?

I'll check it though in June.
Old May 9, 2003 | 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Nueva Cocina Patagonica. Lots of meat, but not your regular beef menu - instead a lot of lamb and even some nice fish/seafood choices. The wine list is also quite good.

Service is not that great, though - the 'plate-carriers' strike again...
Old May 9, 2003 | 11:57 am
Original Poster

http://www.restaurant.com.ar/
Old May 12, 2003 | 2:31 pm

Gaucho, I've registered with the above link and I love the promotions they offer.

Gracias..

Old May 21, 2003 | 3:05 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by eperaltaotero:
Gaucho, I've registered with the above link and I love the promotions they offer.

Gracias..

</font>
Aqui estamos para servirte, mano'...
Old Jan 21, 2004 | 1:26 pm
Suspended
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaucho100K:
Aqui estamos para servirte, mano'... </font>
Is Empire Bar the best Thai food in Buenos Aires? I have to yet find anything better than that there yet... there's friend ice cream is excellent.
Old Jan 29, 2004 | 3:16 am

Another hidden gem of a place - Parilla 1880 on Defensa 1663 ? in San Telmo. Stumbled into it while walking up to the Plaza across from it.
Old Feb 7, 2004 | 5:04 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
I am staying at the Alvear and have heard good things about La Burgogne and La Cave...Since I am a snobby foodie do you recommend these?

Are there any great 5 star restaurants in the Bariloche area? Staying at Llao llao...
Thanks

------------------
Old Mar 15, 2004 | 8:12 am

Programs: QF, IB
Any updates?
Old Mar 15, 2004 | 6:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Do they have fresh centolla (southern king crab, Lithodes santolla)?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaucho100K:
Nueva Cocina Patagonica. Lots of meat, but not your regular beef menu - instead a lot of lamb and even some nice fish/seafood choices. The wine list is also quite good.

Service is not that great, though - the 'plate-carriers' strike again...
</font>
Old Apr 5, 2004 | 7:06 am
Original Poster

There is a relatively new place called Sinclair, its located in Palermo, on the corner of Sinclair and DeMaria. The Chef is the great Ramiro Rodriguez Pardo... and the prices are unbelievable. Excellent both for lunch and dinner. For travellers thinking in Euros or US$, the prices will be a JOKE.

Please, dont miss out on this real gem... @:-) :-: ^ ^
Old Apr 13, 2004 | 11:48 am

Originally Posted by dedehans
I am staying at the Alvear and have heard good things about La Burgogne and La Cave...Since I am a snobby foodie do you recommend these?

------------------
We went to La Bourgogne, had "business lunch" ... absolutely great food! Comparable to 1-star restaurants in France.
La Cave is only open at night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.