Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Offers (USA) 2023

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2023, 8:57 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Last year I bought some $500 GC at JW Spa and they worked.
Right, but you said "necessary"

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Looks like a Marriott GC purchase is necessary to get the $60 for $300 redemption.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by Zorak
Right, but you said "necessary"
Oh, langauge, I mean it is necessary that must now go purchase a GC. As in, I have a need to spend.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 2:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, United Silver, AA Platinum
Btw sometimes the restaurant uses the same charge code, for example the Navio at Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay charges as the hotel for dining even when you pay at the restaurant.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 8:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by bgriff
BTW, if it helps anyone, I can confirm that a single $80 transaction triggers a $20 credit for the Walmart offer, which may make it a bit easier to maximize.

In my experience most of the up to 2 times offers double up like that, but not all. And notably the Uber up to 5 times offer does not stack, at least for me.
Thanks for this. A single $100 Uber gift card purchased from Walmart gave me a $20 credit.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 11:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, United Silver, AA Platinum
Thanks a lot! Bought last minute gift cards, got email right after that and will check if credit post sometime soon.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 6:43 pm

Im seeing a Zoom offer$40 off spend of $149 or moreon several Hilton Amex cards. Given that a basic annual subscription is $149.90, this is rather convenient.

Last year the offer was $50 IIRC, but I wont sneeze at $40.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 7:19 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by beltway
Im seeing a Zoom offer$40 off spend of $149 or moreon several Hilton Amex cards. Given that a basic annual subscription is $149.90, this is rather convenient.

Last year the offer was $50 IIRC, but I wont sneeze at $40.
It was a $40 offer on my Business Plat card last fall, but it looks like it also triggered the monthly $10 Wireless credit.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 8:54 pm

To make things interesting I just closed my card while the charge has not posted (I got the amex offer email though). It would be a really interesting dp to see if the credit will post.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 11:16 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by zxybazh
To make things interesting I just closed my card while the charge has not posted (I got the amex offer email though). It would be a really interesting dp to see if the credit will post.
Doubtful; I looked at a handful of offers and the T&C all say

"The enrolled Card account must be active, not past due, canceled, or have a returned payment outstanding to receive the statement credit."

which I kinda expected since e.g. the various fee credits on the Plat card have similar language, so I imagine it's universal for AMEX stuff.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 1:42 pm

Thanks for the note, I doubt the credit will post either, let's wait and see.
Updates:
1/12 - Purchase made, got email for amex offer
1/13 - Closed card
1/14 - Transaction posted, AF refunded, app saying the next statement is until 1/15 (which is my usual statement cycle).
Old Jan 15, 2023, 8:30 pm

The Credit Posted today 1/15 for the AMEX Offer.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 5:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
I just noticed that all my cards have less than 15 offers on them. Maybe Amex is revamping the system?
Old Jan 16, 2023, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I just noticed that all my cards have less than 15 offers on them.
Every single one of my and my wifes numerous cards all have 100 offers on each of them.

Maybe Amex is revamping the system?
Maybe we shouldn't draw sweeping conclusions based on a data point of one?

Regards
Old Jan 16, 2023, 5:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by scubadu
Every single one of my and my wifes numerous cards all have 100 offers on each of them.

Maybe we shouldn't draw sweeping conclusions based on a data point of one?

Regards
Dag, i was just checking to see if there was a possible computer issue or whatever else since I've never seen that before.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Dag, i was just checking to see if there was a possible computer issue or whatever else since I've never seen that before.
I was also wondering the same. Prior to 12/31 I had close to 400 offers saved and many of them expired at the end of the year. Since then, I have only seen a trickle of 3-5 new offers per week and I have les than 150 saved. Normally there would be many new offers on Sun Night/Monday Morning, but I didn't see anything this week.

(I save everything as I only have personal platinum with Amex)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.