Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

2021 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I got a formal decline today (not surprised, probably jumped the gun), but was invited to personally be in touch with that specific representative again in March for another attempt. I give them credit for actually replying definitively, and leaving the door open

We'll see what kind of spend I can muster up by March...
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by moe8555
I got a formal decline today (not surprised, probably jumped the gun), but was invited to personally be in touch with that specific representative again in March for another attempt. I give them credit for actually replying definitively, and leaving the door open

How were you able to apply to even get the decline?
Old Dec 20, 2021, 3:21 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by amarine88
How were you able to apply to even get the decline?
Let's just call it "creative business development"
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bm86
I have an update on this. He got the call this morning from Amex and was offered the business or the personal. He is taking the personal but passing on the business for the past 3-4 years his business spend has been $1-3mil per year on the business platinum. His personal spend this year is $800-900k on a mix of personal platinum and 2 other amex cards. That’s about all the info I got from him so far
Thanks for the update. WasKnown would find it useful that your friend was given a choice between the business and personal.

I know that you and your friend would have eventually received an invite based on the spend alone, but I wonder if the GS PWM invite request would have been enough to get an invite regardless of spend.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moe8555

What was the reason for the decline?
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by SteveT
What was the reason for the decline?
No specifics were given, just that I had been reviewed by the relevant parties and a decision was made not to extend an invitation at this time. She stressed that I was welcome to stay in touch and would be resubmitting my case again in March, should I give her the green light at that time.
SteveT likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:29 pm

Thanks for the update. WasKnown would find it useful that your friend was given a choice between the business and personal.

I know that you and your friend would have eventually received an invite based on the spend alone, but I wonder if the GS PWM invite request would have been enough to get an invite regardless of spend.
well I might be able to find out soon. My parents are also with Goldman Sachs, their Amex spend is very low compared to mine. But they are having issues with their credit card and thinking of making a change. They have one Amex card that they don’t use and haven’t spent more than 15k per year on their card. They are thinking of requesting it through Goldman. They can prove a $100k spend on their Citi card but that’s about it. They don’t have current plans to request the centurion but if they try, I’ll let you know how it goes
SteveT likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 6:59 am

Those with a Personal Centurion in the US, has the tradeline started to show up on your personal credit report? Mine has, just now.

Am I missing something here?
Old Dec 27, 2021, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GrnLantern
Those with a Personal Centurion in the US, has the tradeline started to show up on your personal credit report? Mine has, just now.

Am I missing something here?
Congrats on getting the Centurion. Do you mind sharing your DP.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 4:14 pm

Congrats on getting the Centurion. Do you mind sharing your DP.
~$1M per year spend on Personal Platinum for the last 3 years, above $750k per year for 3 years prior, and above $500k for the 4 years prior.

I requested an invitation each year, including on the website (but also by phone).

Invitation finally came via phone call in Q2 of this year. Did not receive anything by mail.

Anyone else with a Personal Cent: Does your account show up on your personal credit report? I thought it was supposed to be a hidden tradeline like the JPM Reserve (formerly Palladium) card?
SteveT likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:15 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion continues: 2022 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.