Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

2021 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown
Multi-family offices definitely directly compete with PWMs so fair enough. However, I wonder what relationship level would be required to solicit an invite. GS PWM offers many single family office services for UHNWIs. I wonder if that would be sufficient?
My MFM is associated with UBS PWM.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 1:54 pm

Has anyone secured a personal Centurion invite by spending a lot on a co-branded Platinum (i.e., Schwab Platinum) as opposed to the vanilla Platinum? I'm curious if I should continue spending on the Schwab Platinum as I've done for a while or if I should switch all my spend to the regular Platinum. Right now my only reason for the Schwab Platinum is I constantly cash out points at 1.1 cpp to my brokerage and keep investing that money.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 3:17 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Tangential discussion has been moved: Index funds vs active money management for Ultra High Net Worth accounts.
DJ_Iceman and hhdl like this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 8:55 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
It looks like the Goldman Sachs Centurion path is completely discretionary with no hard and fast rules. For some people, FO services might be a sufficient relationship. For others, it might not be? It could also innately be not qualifying but they use the invite as a misleading part of the sales pitch?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 9:42 am

If you could find out for the biz card, that would be great. I’m also aware that GS PWM offers services for clients that already have their own family offices. I wonder if this relationship would be sufficient? Curious to hear your thoughts on GS PWM holistically. Thnx.
Sorry for the late reply, just got home last night from a trip. I’ll find out about the business centurion. I’m not sure about the services for family offices. I have been with GS PWM for a couple years and couldn’t be happier I went with them
Statman and WasKnown like this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 9:45 am

Centurion Card received

Got home last night and my centurion card and Prada wearable were both at my house. My girlfriends were also here. Looking forward to testing out some of the benefits
Statman and WasKnown like this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 11:34 am
Original Poster

It looks like the Goldman Sachs Centurion path is completely discretionary with no hard and fast rules. For some people, FO services might be a sufficient relationship. For others, it might not be? It could also innately be not qualifying but they use the invite as a misleading part of the sales pitch?
How did you come to this conclusion?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 1:45 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SteveT
How did you come to this conclusion?
I asked directly. It also seems like they don't really take on clients just to service their family offices. Rather, this is generally a service for existing clients of the PWM. So a great path for existing GS PWM clients but I doubt this alone can really move the needle for people that are not already with the firm.
SteveT likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Bm86
My girlfriends were also here. Looking forward to testing out some of the benefits
multiple girlfriends seems like one?
renila, 355F1 and imnotalawyer like this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by desafino
multiple girlfriends seems like one?
No just 1. Got lazy with the correct punctuation haha
NYtoCHI likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by desafino
multiple girlfriends
So, if you want your girlfriends to all have AUs on your account, I suppose that means Centurion cardholders are limited to 2 girlfriends at a time, as compared to 99 for Platinum cardholders. Yet another Platinum benefit taken away for Centurion.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 10:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Did the following Konstantin Anikeev get a Centurion invite? He ran up millions of dollars in charges, enough to get the attention of the IRS for his MS using Amex cards too:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/he-got-...me-11615125601
Komodromou likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:14 am

I'm asking this question more out of curiosity than actually wanting to get the Centurion card, but what are the 'unofficial' thresholds for the business centurion? I've put about 400-500k on the card this year with similar amounts expected in the future (maybe more) - is that even in the ballpark? I'm actually considering joining an equinox gym which got me thinking if a Cent might even be in the cards. Also, I know there's a form to show that you're "interested" or whatever, but does that actually make a difference? I always thought of this as a "don't call us, we'll call you" situation. Thanks in advance
Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:27 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The Centurion card had more of a mystique for qualification when Amex wasn’t as much about trying to goose the numbers for membership fee revenue from the product as is now the case. There is an increased openness of Amex to provide Centurion cards even to the segment of the MS crowd that wants the purse/wallet candy at these much higher fee levels for the card.

At least outside of the US this year, there has also been an increased openness of Amex to bring in new Centurion accounts at far lower spend levels than 3+ years ago.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crimson12
I'm asking this question more out of curiosity than actually wanting to get the Centurion card, but what are the 'unofficial' thresholds for the business centurion? I've put about 400-500k on the card this year with similar amounts expected in the future (maybe more) - is that even in the ballpark? I'm actually considering joining an equinox gym which got me thinking if a Cent might even be in the cards. Also, I know there's a form to show that you're "interested" or whatever, but does that actually make a difference? I always thought of this as a "don't call us, we'll call you" situation. Thanks in advance
If you look back on these (and prior years), DP shows that invites are sent when you hit the $10M in spend mark for business centurions. I have seen Reddit posts of people getting a business invite with $1-2M in annual spend over several years. I do think that the type of spend determines the amount of spend needed for an invite, ie media vs T&E, etc.
WasKnown likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.