Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex personal Gold (USA) adds Uber benefits, drops airline fee credit in 2022.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex personal Gold (USA) adds Uber benefits, drops airline fee credit in 2022.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2020, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by SP03
I don't see the $50 discount for Clear gift card on the website anymore. Also it takes you to a different website, egifter.com so I wasn't sure if it would even work for the $100 credit.

Good catch. The $50.00 HOLIDAY promo still works, but I doubt it will trigger the AMEX CREDIT.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
So far not so good. Checked my Uber account this a.m. and the $15 Platinum benefit is there, but noting for the Gold card. Hope they will fix this. If the 2 benis don't stack that would be a major issue.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 9:39 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by cfischer
So far not so good. Checked my Uber account this a.m. and the $15 Platinum benefit is there, but noting for the Gold card. Hope they will fix this. If the 2 benis don't stack that would be a major issue.
I checked benefits on the Gold card this morning. I did not see any Uber benefit.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 9:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
It hasn’t started yet. Amex is saying sometime in early 2021. Maybe Jan. But I think I read somewhere Feb.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 9:44 am

Same, and I noticed that the offers section still lists the new Uber credit as "coming in early 2021." So apparently, not in January.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I checked benefits on the Gold card this morning. I did not see any Uber benefit.
It hasn’t started yet. Amex is saying sometime in early 2021. Maybe Jan. But I think I read somewhere Feb.
Interesting, there was a large note in my account a few weeks ago that made it seem like it would start in January. Now I am not seeing this anymore and the $10 dining per month is highlighted instead.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 9:56 am

Keep in mind, it’s only Jan 1. Even if it starts in Jan, there’s still plenty of days for this to happen.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Amex is saying sometime in early 2021.
Exactly. Who knows when it will launch... Expecting it to be live on 1/1 wasn't and isn't a reasonable expectation since they never set a go live date.

Anyway if you want to burn your January dining $10 credit, BOGO burgers/sandwiches at Shake Shack app with code THANKYOU through Sunday.
bgriff, afmiami and mag_nate like this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 10:11 pm
Community Director Emerita

The Uber benefit is now shown online albeit still noted as coming. It will start this month in order to achieve $120 annual credit at $10/month.

Old Jan 1, 2021, 10:29 pm

Today I contacted them via chat, and the representative told me the UBER credit will be available from this month.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
The Uber benefit is now shown online albeit still noted as coming. It will start this month in order to achieve $120 annual credit at $10/month.
Annual doesn’t have to be Jan-Dec. A $10 monthly credit will give you a rolling annual $120 credit regardless of when it starts. That said, I think it probably will start soon.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sabya31
Today I contacted them via chat, and the representative told me the UBER credit will be available from this month.
let's see if it posts for anyone. It is strange that Amex is so vague about this new benefit starting in 'early 2021'.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 9:41 am

Sorry if this is more appropriate for another thread: if we cancel the Gold Card in my wife's name, on which I'm a second user, would I get the sign-up bonus if I get the card in my name later in the year? And with the understanding that this is the last year of the airline fee credit for existing cards, can new cards get the credit in 2021? I don't see it in the online promo.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 11:26 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Holding a supplementary card on another person's account does not affect your ability to apply for the same card, with a bonus, in your own name. Read the TERMS of the offer, not just the advert.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 11:34 am
Suspended

Not quite sure what the AXMEX Gold wants to be: A dining/grocery card or a travel card. The Uber credit seems to imply the latter, but then why no extra airfare points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.