Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2021, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
HD sells cleaning and paper products. That’s good stock up stuff. I am going to buy pool shock with my offer. BB is harder for me because we don’t need any appliances or stereos or computers. May use it for an extra tv or kids video games.

Does any one know if one $100 purchase will get the full $100 credit? Or does it have to be two transactions at $50?
Best Buy sells some other random stuff too like wine glasses and fitness equipment. Or you could get a new Alexa/Google Home/etc.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 4:22 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Duke787
Best Buy sells some other random stuff too like wine glasses and fitness equipment. Or you could get a new Alexa/Google Home/etc.
Best Buy also sells tons of gift cards to other businesses (restaurants, Uber, Starbucks, Doordash, etc etc). T&Cs suggest they may not qualify but I'd guess it's very likely they will. (I made a test purchase and will report back.)
Old Jan 5, 2021, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
Best Buy also sells tons of gift cards to other businesses (restaurants, Uber, Starbucks, Doordash, etc etc). T&Cs suggest they may not qualify but I'd guess it's very likely they will. (I made a test purchase and will report back.)
I bought a third party gift card (shipped to my home). I received the email 2 days ago but no statement credit yet. Just wondering what part of the T&C's make you think that the purchase is not qualified? Thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 6:22 pm

Spend Offer on BBP: $25/$500, can be used 10 times, exp. 2021/06/30, same for AU.
Max rebate per person $250 + 10K MR.
levilevi likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 6:40 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Spend Offer on BBP: $25/$500, can be used 10 times, exp. 2021/06/30, same for AU.
Max rebate per person $250 + 10K MR.
Here are the terms:

DETAILS
Get a $25 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $500+ in a single eligible transaction. Must spend by 6/30/2021. Limit of 10 statement credits (total of $250). See terms.
OFFER TERMS
Must first add offer to Card and then use the same Card to redeem. Offer to enroll is only available to eligible U.S.- issued American Express® Cards who are Basic Card Members or Additional Card Members prior to November 1, 2020. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Basic Card Members and Additional Card Members must separately enroll an eligible Card. Offer valid for eligible purchases made at any merchant that accepts American Express in the U.S. An “eligible purchase” means a purchase of at least $500 made with your enrolled Business Card by 6/30/2021. Each time you make a single eligible transaction totaling at least $500, you will receive $25 back via statement credit. Limit of 10 statement credits (total of $250) back per Card Member. Cash advances, other fees and charges such as interest, annual fees and foreign currency conversion fees are not eligible transactions and do not qualify for this offer. Offer is non-transferable. The enrolled Card account must not be cancelled or past due to receive statement credit. Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 6/30/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. Amex Offers are dynamic and personalized, so the offers you see may change. For questions regarding your Card Account, please call the number on the back of your Card. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: K1J5:0006
MaxVO likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 8:26 pm

Aw, crap. I just signed up for Instacart and spent ca. $110 yesterday before seeing the offer. But I should be able to spend $250 between now and June.

Great offers for BestBuy and HomeDepot. For those asking about what to buy, if we don't come up with a better idea, they both sell our A/C filters and water filters for the fridge. Stocking up on household cleaning products from HD also works. I'll be sure to use both of these by June.

Anyone use HomeChef? That looks like it could be good to try ($50 credit for $50 spend, three times), unless the minimum single purchase is substantially more than that.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 8:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by SusanDK

Anyone use HomeChef? That looks like it could be good to try ($50 credit for $50 spend, three times), unless the minimum single purchase is substantially more than that.
Mrs. HighOPS rotates several services. They are like the long distance companies in the early 90's. If you leave they will pay you to come back. (I was so shocked when they caught on and an ATT rep told me they wouldn't match an offer to stay and I'd just have to decide if their quality was worth it.)

Anyway, back on track, Mrs. HighOPS found their meals among the easiest to prepare and they were one of my favorites to eat. I think Mrs. HighOPS rates them a little lower. She likes the bowls you can make with some services and this was more plates separate foods.

We'll definitely use the offer. Especially if we get our prodigal children bonus to stack with it.
SusanDK likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by SusanDK
Just went through part of the signup process. I picked 3 meals for two people and the cost was $53.94 + $7.99 shipping.

Noticed that they also take PayPal. And they sell gift cards ($50+) on their site, so perhaps $50 gift card combined with PayPal credit = free food.

Also noticed that they are apparently part of Kroger and may have meals available at my local Fred Meyer (that are very rarely go to). You can use a Kroger account to login, it seems. Not sure it it earns gas points.
SusanDK likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 9:00 pm

Haven't used Home Chef so not sure on pricing but google "home chef 90 promo" -- they have $30/30/15/15 ($90) off your first 4 orders

Not sure what the restrictions are on the promo -- there might also be other new customer promos (I think there was $10 off first 6 orders)
SusanDK and notquiteaff like this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 9:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Just went through part of the signup process. I picked 3 meals for two people and the cost was $53.94 + $7.99 shipping.

Noticed that they also take PayPal. And they sell gift cards ($50+) on their site, so perhaps $50 gift card combined with PayPal credit =
Wouldn’t checking out via PayPal trigger the PayPal credit but not the Home Chef credit?
happychic likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 9:08 pm

Thanks all. I was just reading an online review, and the $30/$30/$15/$15 offer came up for me. So it looks like I can order for $80 the first two weeks and $65 on week 3 and basically receive $225 worth of free meals. Nice to have some useful offers.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Wouldn’t checking out via PayPal trigger the PayPal credit but not the Home Chef credit?
probably. However...

The idea was: by $50 gift card with Plat card, collect (hopefully) credit. Then combine that gift card with PayPal payment to place actual order and collect PayPal credit. Obviously, I would only go through those steps if I didn’t have a better (easier) way to use the PayPal credit.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 8:30 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by asdfghjk
I bought a third party gift card (shipped to my home). I received the email 2 days ago but no statement credit yet. Just wondering what part of the T&C's make you think that the purchase is not qualified? Thanks.
Excludes GeekSquad.com, PartStore.com, Best Buy Private Store, Best Buy Business, Best Buy Education, Best Buy Ignite, Best Buy Secondary Markets, Best Buy Auction site, corporate gift cards, electronic gift cards, group gift cards, phone purchases and purchases shipped outside of the U.S., U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam.
I guess it is possible your transaction is fully compliant with the T&Cs because I assume corporate gift cards means Best Buy corporate gift cards, and what you bought is not an electronic gift card. What I bought is an electronic gift card, so it will be interesting to see if they are treated differently. But, as I said before, often (but not always) Amex doesn't actually enforce T&Cs around gift card purchases.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 3:46 pm

Question for anyone who's already used the Home Chef offer:

When signing up, it gives a price and asks you enter to enter your credit card information before selecting meals, and notes that your initial order will be charged to your card immediately. This is before selecting meals/upgrades. Does it actually charge you right then? I'm curious, because with one of the available discount codes, I can get 4 meals for two people for $48.xx. So just short of the $50 needed to trigger the offer. I figured I could just select one of the upgrades and bring it to $50, but would that show up as an additional charge or is it added to the original amount? The terms of the offer say that it only applies only to $50 made in a single purchase, as opposed to across multiple purchases like some offers. Thanks!

Last edited by jsandler111; Jan 6, 2021 at 3:55 pm
Old Jan 6, 2021, 5:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
So I bought a $50 HomeChef gift card which appears to have triggered the credit. Nothing in the terms for the HomeChef offer prohibits gift cards.

Am I correct in thinking that I can just buy 3 x $50 gift cards to max out the Amex Credit and then can spend those gift cards on HomeChef at my leisure in any amounts I want e.g. $20 a week. I should still qualify for the new customer offers even when paying with gift card? This seems a better option than trying to spend > $50 a week. The gift cards mean I can order fewer meals a week and spread it out a little.

Last edited by Enigma368; Jan 6, 2021 at 5:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.