Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2021, 12:18 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Duke787
My DL $120 credit finally posted today. It was dated to 1/5 but didn't show up on the account until this morning so anyone else still waiting for that sync offer should keep checking and hopefully it'll show up in the next couple of days (I made my purchases in the last week of December)
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Same.
That makes three of us. Yay!
Old Jan 9, 2021, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
Has anyone ordered $150+ from Home Chef in 1 order and received a $150 credit from AmEx? I just hope we do not have to do 3 $50 orders.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by jimcoddington
Has anyone ordered $150+ from Home Chef in 1 order and received a $150 credit from AmEx? I just hope we do not have to do 3 $50 orders.
You won't get $150 -- "make a single purchase of $50 or more" so each $50+ purchase will get single $50 credit
Old Jan 9, 2021, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Jatan
You won't get $150 -- "make a single purchase of $50 or more" so each $50+ purchase will get single $50 credit
I was hoping it would work similar to the $100 Best Buy & Home Depot credits, did you actually try and it did not credit?
Old Jan 9, 2021, 12:35 pm

I was hoping it would work similar to the $100 Best Buy & Home Depot credits, did you actually try and it did not credit?
I haven't used it yet but wording is different -- have done plenty of Amex Offers since they started them years ago

Home Chef offer needs single $50+ purchase to get $50 credit -- amount doesn't matter as long as its $50 min

BB/HD are tiered offers and work differently -- "spend a minimum of $50 in one or more eligible transactions" so any purchase amount will count towards the $50/$100 tiers

There was a tiered Instacart offer in the past that people were able to combine in a single purchase so I knew it would work with this BB/HD offer
gr2020 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 2:40 pm
Suspended

That Wineinsider.com $30 credit is a joke. You have to buy minimum of 3 bottles. The cheapest wine they have is $6.99. And the cheapest shipping is $14.99. You also need someone over 21 y.o. at your address to sign for it when deliver.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Mama
That Wineinsider.com $30 credit is a joke. You have to buy minimum of 3 bottles. The cheapest wine they have is $6.99. And the cheapest shipping is $14.99. You also need someone over 21 y.o. at your address to sign for it when deliver.
Free shipping if you buy 6 bottles.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 2:53 pm
viz

Programs: DL DM, AC 75K, NEXUS, Bonvoy Platinum
Eh, it's still two bottles of (cheap) wine for free essentially. Not exactly a huge value proposition, but it's not bad for a few minutes of effort.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Jatan
I haven't used it yet but wording is different -- have done plenty of Amex Offers since they started them years ago

Home Chef offer needs single $50+ purchase to get $50 credit -- amount doesn't matter as long as its $50 min

BB/HD are tiered offers and work differently -- "spend a minimum of $50 in one or more eligible transactions" so any purchase amount will count towards the $50/$100 tiers

There was a tiered Instacart offer in the past that people were able to combine in a single purchase so I knew it would work with this BB/HD offer
Looks like wineinsiders.com has the same "single" purchase language as HomeChef.com, that stinks.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Looks like wineinsiders.com has the same "single" purchase language as HomeChef.com, that stinks.
Do they sell gift cards? I didn’t see an option anywhere on their mobile site. They offer free shipping if you buy six bottles, so being able to combine a $30 gift card with a $30+ purchase to earn both credits would help meeting that.

Edit: I haven’t looked up ratings on these, but an offer popped up on my Facebook feed for 6 supposedly award-winning wines for $42 and free shipping. They have red, white, and mixed packs. Offer link

Last edited by mattp1987; Jan 9, 2021 at 3:26 pm
Old Jan 9, 2021, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
That would be a LOT of food, btw. My order of 10 meals (2 ppl x 5 meals) ended up costing $66 after the new sign up discount.

Originally Posted by gooselee
I just set up my first HomeChef order. Like others, 2 ppl x 4 meals was landing me at ~$48 after the $30 new member discount + shipping. I just went ahead and made it 2 ppl x 5 meals which took me up to ~$66 after discount + shipping.

The $66 amount immediately authorized to my Amex after I clicked the "Sign up" button on the screen where you input CC information, before I had the option to select/adjust meals and add-ons. However, it looks like I have until the end of next week to make any selection changes, so perhaps they don't actually finish the charge until the selection deadline has passed. This would align with the email receipt which says "You will be billed every Friday at 12pm CST unless you skip a weekly delivery or cancel..."

'll try to remember to report back when the charge actually posts...though I don't intend on doing any add-ons for this first box.
Following up - the first charge posted a day after sign up. I still have until next Friday to make changes and first box not set to deliver until 9 days from now. So...appears to be no way to use the add-ons to break $50 on your first delivery.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Mama
not to mention wineinsiders is famous for not honoring the purchase. The terms and conditions are almost impossible to achieve
Old Jan 9, 2021, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by mattp1987
Do they sell gift cards? I didn’t see an option anywhere on their mobile site. They offer free shipping if you buy six bottles, so being able to combine a $30 gift card with a $30+ purchase to earn both credits would help meeting that.

Edit: I haven’t looked up ratings on these, but an offer popped up on my Facebook feed for 6 supposedly award-winning wines for $42 and free shipping. They have red, white, and mixed packs. Offer link
read the terms and conditions on that offer. No specials apply. So you basically have to buy wine at full price nullifying the credit.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 3:51 pm

Has anyone tried purchasing a $250 Instacart GC and had it trigger the $50 back?
Old Jan 9, 2021, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by kthpence
Has anyone tried purchasing a $250 Instacart GC and had it trigger the $50 back?
There's little benefit and much risk in prepaying such amount. Instacart is a new company, and may not survive for long. It was really good in the beginning, but not so much recently. It's always a possibility that we might want to pull the plug.
Most likely you'll eventually spend the a couple increments of $250 with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.