Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New (2019) Membership Rewards Summary [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah - I can't find a way to download the info, other than a crude copy and paste.

The Amex rep told me I could download it, but then he couldn't figure out where to do so.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 5:44 am

I have a number of cards, all feeding into a single MR account. Not all of the separate logins have been upgraded to the new interface, so I can still see the summary, but yes I agree it is virtually impossible to reconcile, and no way to download.

Each time I have called (probably 4-5 times over the last 2 months) they have aggressively tried to convince me that there wasn't a problem.

Each time, I've asked them to show me where the march/april points had posted, and they haven't been able to
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
A field seems to be missing in the new interface.

Sometimes there might be an overlap between the due date and the date Amex received the payments. As a result, the points would be forfeited and I'd need to pay $35 to have them reinstated. (Stupid... I know)

It was always easy to see if that was the case. But I don't see any indicator or field anywhere on the new interface. Maybe it only appears if points have been forfeited? I would periodically check just in case, but now I don't know where to look.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:49 am

Not loving this new interface and watching my MR balance change daily without knowing WHY its changing day-to-day

Totally NOT intuitive for "pending" points to switch to "EARNED" after payment - it feels like they need a running balance or something to show the change in point balance
Old Aug 7, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA CK, DL PLT, HH DIA, MARRIOTT PLT, FAIRMONT LT PLT, HYATT DIA, SIXT PLT, AVIS PC
Terrible New MR Summary

Amex has changed their MR summary. It shows every single item instead of just lumping the monthly items. It also does not properly account for corporate cards and has removed the excel export functions leaving now way to reconcile the account.
808traveler likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:50 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

I have combined posts from three threads to consolidate discussion of recent changes to the way Membership Rewards points are posted and tracked.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:41 pm

Loathe the new interface - paging any programmers!

Ugh wish they didnt remove the activity by statement. Now that I got the adjustment from the business gold 4x problem in march, april, may I have no way to reconcile.

Trying to use this chrome extension to scrape the table data but having difficulty making the correct "recipe" to extract the data because of the way the html is structured....any programmers willing to make an Amex Membership Rewards "recipe" public?
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:48 pm

Is there a way to see pending points like the old view from other 'partners'?
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Gongzuokuang
A field seems to be missing in the new interface.

Sometimes there might be an overlap between the due date and the date Amex received the payments. As a result, the points would be forfeited and I'd need to pay $35 to have them reinstated. (Stupid... I know)

It was always easy to see if that was the case. But I don't see any indicator or field anywhere on the new interface. Maybe it only appears if points have been forfeited? I would periodically check just in case, but now I don't know where to look.
Were you or anyone able to figure this out? I always pay by the due date but always had this paranoia as well so used to check for forfeited points from time to time but now I don't know where to look.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:03 am

Smile How to download AMEX Membership Rewards Activity as .csv

Figured out how to scrape and then download the Membership Rewards activity as csv with this chrome extension if anyone's interested...

Download the Data Scraper - Easy Web Scraping chrome extension.

Once you sign up with the extension (they make you sign up with a google account to prevent spammers), log into amex and go to the rewards summary where it says your point activity

Go to the bottom of the list of transactions and continue to click "Show More" until you see all your transactions for the selected month.

Then click the extension, go to the Public tab and search for the recipe called * Amex MR (you'll only be able to see that recipe if you are on the correct Amex summary page)

Run that recipe, it opens a new window with the data and if it looks good, you can click Download in the upper right. You'll see a dialog box that you have to grant the extension permission once you click Download for the first time.
808traveler likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:05 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Has anyone figured out a way to get back to the old MR point activity interface? I have a new interface and I find it very difficult to track what's actually happening with my points.

The points activity now shows "points balance" and "pending points" but as far as I can tell the pending points are for activity on the current statement which hasn't closed yet.

For my most recent statement closes on my personal Plat and Gold cards, both were paid within a day of closing (and both have been closed at least a week). They earned a similar number of points this statement which makes it more difficult to track, but I think Plat points have posted, while Gold points have not yet posted, but no longer show as Pending nor Available on Payment. I assume they'll show up eventually but it's annoying that they seem to be lost in limbo at the moment.

It's also not clear to me if Points Accelerated is available on any other cards besides the Plat? Back before the old interface disappeared, I think I saw it show up for my Gold card at least once, though maybe not quite as accelerated as the Plat points were?
Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL, SPG, UA.
New MR website - how to get summary

Overall, the new MR website is nice upgrade and it's good to be able to see the points per transaction. However, I miss the old summary which showed the total points posts from each card for each statement. It made it easy to update my tracking spreadsheet. Has anyone found a way to see either the old summary or a summary by statement (vs. adding up all the individual transactions on a statement)?
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA CK, DL PLT, HH DIA, MARRIOTT PLT, FAIRMONT LT PLT, HYATT DIA, SIXT PLT, AVIS PC
CFPB

I would strongly recommend everyone file a CFPB complaint against Amex as the new system does not allow reconciliation as such they can take and remove points without letting us know: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:17 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by benolaa
...new system does not allow reconciliation as such they can take and remove points without letting us know: ....
There is a transaction category for Adjustments.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by benolaa
I would strongly recommend everyone file a CFPB complaint against Amex as the new system does not allow reconciliation as such they can take and remove points without letting us know: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/
I'm starting to take screenshots.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.