FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   New (2019) Membership Rewards Summary [Consolidated] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1982084-new-2019-membership-rewards-summary-consolidated.html)

jags86 Jul 13, 2019 9:04 am

New (2019) Membership Rewards Summary [Consolidated]

One glitch of the new screen I’ve noticed is that if you have multiple cards with the same pst 5 digits the card filter doesn’t work.

My Gold and BBP have the same last 5 and charges are commingled but if I can switch to my Everyday or BCP without any commingling.

eddiehuang97 Jul 14, 2019 10:59 pm

Not sure how the pending points are calculated now -- seems like every transaction that is posted(even before statement coming out) will be added to the pending points.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...70dc7c55f6.png

josephstern Jul 19, 2019 8:23 am

Terrible New MR Summary

Can anyone figure out how to download their history in this new interface?

I'd like to dump mine into Excel to figure out how many points I'm missing.

808traveler Jul 19, 2019 9:04 am

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 31320415)
Can anyone figure out how to download their history in this new interface?

I'd like to dump mine into Excel to figure out how many points I'm missing.

Sorry not to sure about excel, but you can look manually This way: what i did was go to "points activity" then clicked on "show all filters". Pick the card and month you want to look at points activity for

lax01 Jul 20, 2019 10:32 am

Since AMEX changed over to the new MR site...has anyone seen any MR points "EARNED" in July 2019? My point balance keeps going up but I cannot tell why and from where...pretty odd and not a super user experience:

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f2417bf475.png

My July statements are closing right now so maybe that's why...but just weird to see the actual points balance change without seeing the corresponding earned line item

cplush Jul 20, 2019 11:29 am

Originally Posted by lax01 (Post 31324064)
Since AMEX changed over to the new MR site...has anyone seen any MR points "EARNED" in July 2019? My point balance keeps going up but I cannot tell why and from where...pretty odd and not a super user experience:

My July statements are closing right now so maybe that's why...but just weird to see the actual points balance change without seeing the corresponding earned line item

i had that and changed to the month view to june, thats when the charges were made on my most recent statement. they are all listed there individually. the BP bonus points are being shown as earned in july for me.

it also looks like points post on a transaction basis now after you pay the statement off, not a lump sum for each statement.

lax01 Jul 21, 2019 11:08 am

Originally Posted by cplush (Post 31324209)
i had that and changed to the month view to june, thats when the charges were made on my most recent statement. they are all listed there individually. the BP bonus points are being shown as earned in july for me.

it also looks like points post on a transaction basis now after you pay the statement off, not a lump sum for each statement.

yeah, mine still isn't making much sense...all of my earned points are from the June statement...

I think the Pending is now un-necessary confusing and should be moved out of your ACTUAL transactions list - or at the very least, this should be grouped by statement and not calendar month

lax01 Jul 23, 2019 9:57 am

haha - so my pending points just dropped by 5k and and actual points balance didn't change...still nothing showing up for "EARNED" in July

rccsd Jul 23, 2019 11:34 am

New MR Portal

Has anyone figured out how to track the monthly statement number of points that were/should be credited to an account through the new portal? In the old portal, they summarized the number of points that should be credited by cardholder for the monthly statement period (which differs from the calendar monthly period that you can now show on the new portal). Now, there doesn't seem to be a way to do it unless I manually compare one calendar month at a time and try to patch 2 months together to get to the monthly statement period. There doesn't even seem to be a place where they show the amount of points earned on the monthly statement.

This makes is super hard to escalate and show them there is an error.

mia Jul 23, 2019 11:44 am

Moderator action

I have moved rccsd's question into the thread where there is already some discussion of the new Membership Rewards (USA) interface. When time permits I will split the thread, with a better title.

lax01 Jul 23, 2019 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 31334023)
I have moved rccsd's question into the thread where there is already some discussion of the new Membership Rewards (USA) interface. When time permits I will split the thread, with a better title.

Where's this thread? I want to complain about the new MR portal too :)

mia Jul 23, 2019 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by lax01 (Post 31334549)
Where's this thread?

You are posting in it.

lax01 Jul 23, 2019 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 31334777)
You are posting in it.

hah - mis-read that you were merging the thread INTO this one

mia Jul 24, 2019 10:42 am

Originally Posted by cphurley (Post 31337554)
.... lists out EVERY single transaction from all your cards ...

You can filter the view to display only one card (bug if you have more than one card with same five digit ending), and each entry displays a 2X, 3X, 4X or 5X icon if bonus points were earned. It would be better if the transactions could be displayed by statement cycle rather than calendar month, and if there were period totals. However, if you have paid your most recent statement balance, and if you set the date to the current month (July 2019) you can use the Status setting to toggle between points Earned on the most recent statement, and points Pending from the current period.

cphurley Jul 24, 2019 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 31337704)
You can filter the view to display only one card (bug if you have more than one card with same five digit ending), and each entry displays a 2X, 3X, 4X or 5X icon if bonus points were earned. It would be better if the transactions could be displayed by statement cycle rather than calendar month, and if there were period totals. However, if you have paid your most recent statement balance, and if you set the date to the current month (July 2019) you can use the Status setting to toggle between points Earned on the most recent statement, and points Pending from the current period.

I understand what is displayed on the page; but given the issue described in this thread, I don't simply "trust" that the 2x, 3x, 4x picture next to each transaction results in those amounts being posted to my account. With this new view it's just about impossible to reconcile your points because you don't have distinct transactions like the old statement. Previously I could look at my Biz Gold x9999 and see 21,555 points posted for April statement on May 23. I could eyeball that number and make sure it was approx. what I expected and dig in if it wasn't. This view shows no totals, doesn't identify WHEN the points affect your balance etc.