New (2019) Membership Rewards Summary [Consolidated]

Old Jul 13, 19, 9:04 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 382
New (2019) Membership Rewards Summary [Consolidated]

One glitch of the new screen Iíve noticed is that if you have multiple cards with the same pst 5 digits the card filter doesnít work.

My Gold and BBP have the same last 5 and charges are commingled but if I can switch to my Everyday or BCP without any commingling.
jags86 is online now  
Old Jul 14, 19, 10:59 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star
Posts: 101
Not sure how the pending points are calculated now -- seems like every transaction that is posted(even before statement coming out) will be added to the pending points.
eddiehuang97 is offline  
Old Jul 19, 19, 8:23 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Upper Sternistan
Posts: 7,599
Terrible New MR Summary

Can anyone figure out how to download their history in this new interface?

I'd like to dump mine into Excel to figure out how many points I'm missing.
josephstern is offline  
Old Jul 19, 19, 9:04 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 237
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
Can anyone figure out how to download their history in this new interface?

I'd like to dump mine into Excel to figure out how many points I'm missing.
Sorry not to sure about excel, but you can look manually This way: what i did was go to "points activity" then clicked on "show all filters". Pick the card and month you want to look at points activity for
808traveler is offline  
Old Jul 20, 19, 10:32 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 368
Since AMEX changed over to the new MR site...has anyone seen any MR points "EARNED" in July 2019? My point balance keeps going up but I cannot tell why and from where...pretty odd and not a super user experience:



My July statements are closing right now so maybe that's why...but just weird to see the actual points balance change without seeing the corresponding earned line item
lax01 is offline  
Old Jul 20, 19, 11:29 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 156
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
Since AMEX changed over to the new MR site...has anyone seen any MR points "EARNED" in July 2019? My point balance keeps going up but I cannot tell why and from where...pretty odd and not a super user experience:

My July statements are closing right now so maybe that's why...but just weird to see the actual points balance change without seeing the corresponding earned line item
i had that and changed to the month view to june, thats when the charges were made on my most recent statement. they are all listed there individually. the BP bonus points are being shown as earned in july for me.

it also looks like points post on a transaction basis now after you pay the statement off, not a lump sum for each statement.

Last edited by cplush; Jul 20, 19 at 12:11 pm
cplush is offline  
Old Jul 21, 19, 11:08 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 368
Originally Posted by cplush View Post
i had that and changed to the month view to june, thats when the charges were made on my most recent statement. they are all listed there individually. the BP bonus points are being shown as earned in july for me.

it also looks like points post on a transaction basis now after you pay the statement off, not a lump sum for each statement.
yeah, mine still isn't making much sense...all of my earned points are from the June statement...

I think the Pending is now un-necessary confusing and should be moved out of your ACTUAL transactions list - or at the very least, this should be grouped by statement and not calendar month
lax01 is offline  
Old Jul 23, 19, 9:57 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 368
haha - so my pending points just dropped by 5k and and actual points balance didn't change...still nothing showing up for "EARNED" in July
lax01 is offline  
Old Jul 23, 19, 11:34 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 62
New MR Portal

Has anyone figured out how to track the monthly statement number of points that were/should be credited to an account through the new portal? In the old portal, they summarized the number of points that should be credited by cardholder for the monthly statement period (which differs from the calendar monthly period that you can now show on the new portal). Now, there doesn't seem to be a way to do it unless I manually compare one calendar month at a time and try to patch 2 months together to get to the monthly statement period. There doesn't even seem to be a place where they show the amount of points earned on the monthly statement.

This makes is super hard to escalate and show them there is an error.
rccsd is offline  
Old Jul 23, 19, 11:44 am
  #10  
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 38,600
Moderator action

I have moved rccsd's question into the thread where there is already some discussion of the new Membership Rewards (USA) interface. When time permits I will split the thread, with a better title.
mia is online now  
Old Jul 23, 19, 2:10 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 368
Originally Posted by mia View Post
I have moved rccsd's question into the thread where there is already some discussion of the new Membership Rewards (USA) interface. When time permits I will split the thread, with a better title.
Where's this thread? I want to complain about the new MR portal too
lax01 is offline  
Old Jul 23, 19, 3:05 pm
  #12  
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 38,600
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
Where's this thread?
You are posting in it.
mia is online now  
Old Jul 23, 19, 6:28 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 368
Originally Posted by mia View Post
You are posting in it.
hah - mis-read that you were merging the thread INTO this one
lax01 is offline  
Old Jul 24, 19, 10:42 am
  #14  
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 38,600
Originally Posted by cphurley View Post
.... lists out EVERY single transaction from all your cards ...
You can filter the view to display only one card (bug if you have more than one card with same five digit ending), and each entry displays a 2X, 3X, 4X or 5X icon if bonus points were earned. It would be better if the transactions could be displayed by statement cycle rather than calendar month, and if there were period totals. However, if you have paid your most recent statement balance, and if you set the date to the current month (July 2019) you can use the Status setting to toggle between points Earned on the most recent statement, and points Pending from the current period.
mia is online now  
Old Jul 24, 19, 1:55 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: ORD
Programs: AA ExPlat (2MM), SPG LT Plat, United 1k
Posts: 266
Originally Posted by mia View Post
You can filter the view to display only one card (bug if you have more than one card with same five digit ending), and each entry displays a 2X, 3X, 4X or 5X icon if bonus points were earned. It would be better if the transactions could be displayed by statement cycle rather than calendar month, and if there were period totals. However, if you have paid your most recent statement balance, and if you set the date to the current month (July 2019) you can use the Status setting to toggle between points Earned on the most recent statement, and points Pending from the current period.
I understand what is displayed on the page; but given the issue described in this thread, I don't simply "trust" that the 2x, 3x, 4x picture next to each transaction results in those amounts being posted to my account. With this new view it's just about impossible to reconcile your points because you don't have distinct transactions like the old statement. Previously I could look at my Biz Gold x9999 and see 21,555 points posted for April statement on May 23. I could eyeball that number and make sure it was approx. what I expected and dig in if it wasn't. This view shows no totals, doesn't identify WHEN the points affect your balance etc.
cphurley is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread