Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Platinum (USA) Dell benefit.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2021, 7:51 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Purchases by both the enrolled Basic Card Member and Employee Card Members on the enrolled Card Account are eligible for statement credits.
https://global.americanexpress.com/c...iness-platinum
Old Dec 21, 2021, 6:41 pm

Bought a thing on Dec 14th. The order is now delayed, and the pending credit card charge has been removed. The 10% Cashback promo expired on Dec 15th. Since the order was placed on December 14th, will I still get the credit? The item isn’t expected to arrive until early January now.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 6:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by factory81
Bought a thing on Dec 14th. The order is now delayed, and the pending credit card charge has been removed. The 10% Cashback promo expired on Dec 15th. Since the order was placed on December 14th, will I still get the credit? The item isn’t expected to arrive until early January now.
Dell charges your card when they ship so if you're order isn't going to ship in December then you're out of luck and you need to place a new order for an item that states it will still be delivered in December.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 7:09 am

Ugh. This dell platinum benefit is by far the dumbest promotion I have ever forced myself to participate in.

Every 6 months I am looking at an online store with dwindling inventory, slow shipping, uncompetitive prices, restrictive price matching policies, and mediocre consumer electronics.

I hope American Express changes this up in 2022. I find it particularly odd that American Express would associate itself with Dell, of all brands. If American Express wants to be associated with luxury or the finer things in life; you think they would partner with Apple.

What is hilarious, is if I go look at the item on dell.com, it still shows it as available for delivery by December 23rd! LOL.

Originally Posted by friedablass
Dell charges your card when they ship so if you're order isn't going to ship in December then you're out of luck and you need to place a new order for an item that states it will still be delivered in December.
josephstern likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 7:27 am
Suspended

There are many offers I don’t participate because of lack of interest but I wouldn’t call them dumb. If it’s not for you then just move on.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 7:44 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Got myself an August Wi-Fi Smart lock
Price matched to Amazon slightly less than $200 prior taxes and over after
surprised I found something I actually wanted to buy eventually
Old Dec 22, 2021, 10:14 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by blitzen
Got myself an August Wi-Fi Smart lock
Price matched to Amazon slightly less than $200 prior taxes and over after
surprised I found something I actually wanted to buy eventually
I really appreciate your post. That product looks very interesting and we could use it. It is currently priced at $250 on the Dell site. It is $196 on Amazon. I went down the rabbit hole, being transferred from Dell agent to Dell agent to the fourth one who said they do not do price matches on this product. This is all I can find on the Dell site about price matching:

If you find a lower price advertised on the internet for a similarly configured computer, tablet or monitor from Dell, HP, Lenovo or Apple, we will match that price.

How did you get them to price match?
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I really appreciate your post. That product looks very interesting and we could use it. It is currently priced at $250 on the Dell site. It is $196 on Amazon. I went down the rabbit hole, being transferred from Dell agent to Dell agent to the fourth one who said they do not do price matches on this product. This is all I can find on the Dell site about price matching:

If you find a lower price advertised on the internet for a similarly configured computer, tablet or monitor from Dell, HP, Lenovo or Apple, we will match that price.

How did you get them to price match?
Hi,
Was logged into my account and chatted with an associate (Product has to be on Amazon and sold by Amazon aka no 3rd party seller). He had me wait a few minutes while he put in the price match request and it was approved. Got an email with a link to order showing the matched price
SanDiego1K and levilevi like this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Well, this was a pleasant surprise. On Monday I decided to order headphones, which I split between 2 Amex biz plat cards (I had $100 credit left on one card). Dell's site showed that they would be delivered around January 24. I assumed that the card wouldn't charge until the product shipped in January, so the credit would count towards 2022. I decided to wait a few days before finding something to use the remaining $300 for 2021 that would ship now. Glad I waited... the headphones were delivered today (they shipped last night - I got a Fedex notification) and the charges posted to the account today. Interestingly, Dell's site is showing right now express delivery on 1/26/22.
SanDiego1K, blitzen and levilevi like this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Visconti
Ah, probably app today or tomorrow. The first Dell purchase is a relatively easy choice for me since I need one of those Thunderbolt docking stations for my study; given Dell's pricing, I'm assuming I'll hit the $400 right off the bat. Now, subsequent Dell purchases will require a bit more effort to find something I'd actually want, since their laptops probably aren't in my future.

Not sure what else there is to purchase from Dell. Any ideas?
Peripherals are usually a safe bet. Headphones, high end mouse and keyboard (e.g. you can find a lot of great Logitech gear), webcams, monitors as well.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by Polytonic
Peripherals are usually a safe bet. Headphones, high end mouse and keyboard (e.g. you can find a lot of great Logitech gear), webcams, monitors as well.
Bose Headset - Amazon Echo or Home Theater Soundbars
don’t forget to use the price match if needed
Old Dec 23, 2021, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by blitzen
Bose Headset - Amazon Echo or Home Theater Soundbars
don’t forget to use the price match if needed
Thanks for the reminder! I always forget to do this. Is it something easy to request? Online, or call in? Or, is something where I have submit screen shots and all that stuff?
Old Dec 23, 2021, 5:51 am

Nov 26 - Purchase $217.24 through dell.com with Rakuten (not www.dell.com/amex).
Nov 26 - 3000 Rakuten points for "Dell Technologies For Work" (pre tax purchase was 199.99).
Nov 27 - Charge of $217.24.
Nov 28 - Credit of $21.72 (for the Amex offer of 10% back on dell)
Nov 29 - Credit of $200.00

I bought an external USB-C SSD, MU-PA2T0B/AM.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Visconti
Thanks for the reminder! I always forget to do this. Is it something easy to request? Online, or call in? Or, is something where I have submit screen shots and all that stuff?
i used the chat to request the match and have links of the item on dell and the same on Amazon (sold by Amazon not by 3rd party) ready. The CSR then requests internally and they email you the link to buy
Old Dec 23, 2021, 7:24 am

Part of the justification for the increasingly high renewal fees is this credit here.

so for me - it is a mandate. Either use the credit, or cancel the card. I know I'm not alone here. This isn't the same as a....random amex temporary promo for shaving accessories or perfume.

My shipment did go out yesterday. Good news; my $200 credit for second half of 2021 will be redeemed. Bad news, Dell only just charged my card, so I technically fall outside of the 10% statement credit.

I know this could probably be blamed on the pandemic, or my fault for not purchasing an item sooner. I had held out for dell.com to offer a better deal on a router, but they continue to price them way above brick and mortar retailers holiday deals.

Since we can't combine coupon codes with price matching, I couldn't get even close to a good deal on a router, even with the $200 credit (yeah....dell.com is as much as $200 over priced on mesh routers)

Originally Posted by QtownDave
There are many offers I don’t participate because of lack of interest but I wouldn’t call them dumb. If it’s not for you then just move on.
josephstern likes this.

Last edited by factory81; Dec 23, 2021 at 7:32 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.