Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge DEN [Opened 1 February 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime GLD, SPG Lifetime GLD
Originally Posted by dval44
Any updates on opening date? Coming up on Q2 in a couple weeks...9
From a Facebook group on AMEX Platinum Card that I lurk-in, someone posted over the weekend that construction has started, but no details on a target opening date.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
Plaza Premium lounge Denver -- I no longer see Denver listed on their website as coming soon. Probably canceled! I hope I am wrong.

Last edited by MileHighColorado; Feb 11, 2019 at 4:24 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:03 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
I'm flying out of C tomorrow, I'll try to take a look if there is anything noticeable going on.
dhuey likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by MileHighColorado
Plaza Premium lounge Denver -- I no longer see Denver listed on their website as coming soon. Probably canceled! I hope I am wrong.
Oof, that's plausible-- I could see them cancelling the project if they didnt have AXP or PP lined up.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by DrivingRain
Oof, that's plausible-- I could see them cancelling the project if they didnt have AXP or PP lined up.
If i remember correctly, when they were laying out their plans to build the lounge, they were forecasting $2 million in revenue or something there about. Which, again off the top of my head, was almost 3x as high as some of their best locations. Maybe they came back to earth and realized it wasn't worth it, or they're waiting for the expansion of DEN terminals to be completed.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.....theyre estimating around 1,300 customers per day. That's absolutely eye-popping. The busiest common use lounge might do 500/day now .
Perhaps not....

Demand for the Platinum® jumped after American Express relaunched the card in 2017, and one side effect was more customers: Platinum® customer visits to Centurion Lounges surged 30% in 2017 from the previous year....

About 1,500 guests visit the Dallas lounge on a given day, according to the lounge’s general manager (although only 60 use the showers....
https://thewirecutter.com/money/cred...turion-lounge/
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mia
Those kind of numbers should firmly squash the idea that Cent Lounge crowding will ever get better. My presumption is it just gets increasingly worse from here...

Regards
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Centurion lounges are not common use
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:42 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Centurion lounges are not common use
Apparently I do not know the meaning of the term as you used it, or the significance in this context. Please educate me.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Originally Posted by mia
Apparently I do not know the meaning of the term as you used it, or the significance in this context. Please educate me.
Sure. Airports focus in on the terms "exclusive use" versus "common use".

"Exclusive use" in the lounge context (as opposed to gates, etc) means that there are policies that restrict which airport users can use the facility; i.e Not any one can walk up and buy entry into a Centurion Lounge; you must be a member. "Common Use" may have a variety of complimentary entry arrangements (even exclusive ones), but ultimately at least most of the time any one can walk up and pay and get entry.

A great example of how this affects the airport world is the apparent award in PHX. Centurion Lounges are sometimes excluded from consideration because they are deemed to be exclusive use when airports either desire or have policy restrictions against exclusive use facilities; thus AXP partnered with Escape to allow the bid to be positioned with a common-use aspect/outlet b/c Escape is technically common-use. The partnership with Escape has opened up more potential Centurion markets because of the access to Escape's common-use policy.

So the common use lounges out there are Escape, Airspace, ALD, Plaza Premium, Wingtips, et al.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:34 am

They started over by C37. Escalators blocked off and walls going up upstairs.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: MR Platinum Premier
I can confirm what GoIrishND said. Here are a few pictures:

brc01, cuthroat and gordonja like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
I think that means we can assume the lounge will be of similar size to the 2 United Lounges on B because there is actually room above the the concensions currently there. Any additional space would require some significant structural construction.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:46 pm

Centurion Lounge logo now up on upper walls. Sign accompanying that says it’s opening in 2019.
kirkwoodj and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by FlyByCO
Centurion Lounge logo now up on upper walls. Sign accompanying that says it’s opening in 2019.
I'll need to get down to Concourse C to see this next time I'm coming through. Hard to leave B being a United flyer, but this could finally make it worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.