Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge DEN [Opened 1 February 2021]

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Sounds like you had a great time, Flyingmachine! What dishes did you try/enjoy from the menu posted above by mpw81?
At breakfast I had some fruit, a little yogurt parfait and waffle… For lunch, my buddy and I had the pork and green beans,soup, a few different appetizers, pasta and the crępe Suzette’s for dessert. All in all everything was great! No disappointments all around…
cesco.g likes this.
Old May 21, 2021, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA1K
with denver now in level clear, i wonder how long til the CL removes their restrictions. heck, the whole foods by union station brought the buffet back today!
Old May 21, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by haddon90
with denver now in level clear, i wonder how long til the CL removes their restrictions. heck, the whole foods by union station brought the buffet back today!
I was a Denver a few weeks back and I liked that they served you. Same in Philadelphia and San Francisco (Only clubs I’ve been to recently) I actually prefer it over self-service
Old May 21, 2021, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Originally Posted by haddon90
I don't mind the "serve" mode instead of "self-serve". I would rather have them remove the seating restrictions. I was at the lounge last week (Sat afternoon) and practically all the "allowable" seats were occupied except for the bar stools. Half of the total lounge seats were empty and blocked.
Old May 21, 2021, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
While everyone I've encountered working the buffet is very friendly and helpful, some of them move a little slower than others. That would be my only gripe, and it's not even a gripe.

Actually now that I think about it, it's not the staff, it's the patrons who can't read the menu ahead of time or the cards on the buffet and ask what every. single. thing. is and then contemplate whether they want it or not for 30 seconds.

I think the return of barstools has the potential to free up a lot of space considering the size of the main bar and there being a second smaller bar.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 6:52 am

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
I will have connection @ A West / DEN come June 18: would it be fully open by then from the trend it go with CDC ?
Old Jun 1, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by ccna101
I will have connection @ A West / DEN come June 18: would it be fully open by then from the trend it go with CDC ?
Based on June 1st State of Colorado:
https://covid19.colorado.gov/press-r...health-order-0

I would suspect yes, they will move to fully to 100% occupancy, but someone should give a live update from there in the next few days.

Updates in this public health order:
  • Modified face covering requirements as follows:
    • Changed face covering requirements to start at age 12, reflecting the state’s vaccine-eligible population.
    • Revised face covering requirements to only apply to unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated individuals in settings such as schools, camps, Colorado Department of Motor Vehicle offices, prisons, jails, and other settings outlined in the order. This update clarified that patients, staff, and visitors in healthcare settings are included in these requirements.
    • Changed the exemption age for face coverings to individuals age 11 and younger.
  • Removed restrictions for large indoor gatherings.
  • Removed all references to the face covering Executive Order, because it expires.
ccna101 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 8:03 pm

Any idea of the chance of lounge access in a few weeks on a Saturday, fairly close to opening, for a party of 8?
Has anyone tried checking in through the Amex app and getting the QR code- does that add you to an existing waitlist?

Between P1 and P2 we 5 qualifying Amexes, which would admit 6 of us. Any reason not to have P2Jr (same name as P2 + "Jr") utilize one of these qualifying Amexes to enter for himself + one guest?
Old Jun 1, 2021, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Based on June 1st State of Colorado:
https://covid19.colorado.gov/press-r...health-order-0

I would suspect yes, they will move to fully to 100% occupancy, but someone should give a live update from there in the next few days.
Just because local ordinances allow for changes, doesn't mean Amex will follow suit immediately. We've had most capacity restrictions lifted here in Texas for at least a couple months and the IAH CL is still blocking seats and not back to full capacity.

Originally Posted by TGARCIA2885
Has anyone tried checking in through the Amex app and getting the QR code- does that add you to an existing waitlist?
Checking in on the app doesn't add you to the waitlist, it simply saves you from having to physically swipe your card.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 8:13 pm

Denver is a pretty big lounge even with the seating being blocked off there seems to be a lot of space to either sit, dine or drink
SFO 1K, ccna101 and Six Travelers like this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:11 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott
At the lounge this morning in DEN and it seems most if not all seating restrictions have been lifted. A lot fewer than last time anyway, and the few signs I see are on out of the way tables making me think they forgot them as there seems to be no logic on why those would be blocked and not others.

No wait to get in. It's busy here, but still open seats even with a few blocked. Food is self-serve now, too. I do wonder if they're understaffed, though. A lot of uncleared tables, coffee machine is out of milk/beans, etc. Still, a solid experience overall (good food, friendly staff, etc.).
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by DENDave
At the lounge this morning in DEN and it seems most if not all seating restrictions have been lifted. A lot fewer than last time anyway, and the few signs I see are on out of the way tables making me think they forgot them as there seems to be no logic on why those would be blocked and not others.

No wait to get in. It's busy here, but still open seats even with a few blocked. Food is self-serve now, too. I do wonder if they're understaffed, though. A lot of uncleared tables, coffee machine is out of milk/beans, etc. Still, a solid experience overall (good food, friendly staff, etc.).
Nice to know! I had a enjoyable few hour stay last month . Really open space, happy to hear that the food is self serve. I’m pretty sure they’re aware of the crowds and will staff accordingly. Every time I’ve ever asked for some thing i.e. coffee machine out or whatever within the network they’ve always been prompt to take care of it. Glad to hear it’s getting back to normal!
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:55 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by DENDave
Even in reduced capacity times, the seat blocking made no sense. They would block 4 tables in a row by the windows, but allow a cluster of three tables next to each other and across the narrow pathway to be occupied in the corner. Personally just want better/varying food options going forward. Glad to hear it's self service now, getting a tiny cast iron of a single item was beyond frustrating having to carry 10 items on a tray.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Here now.
Blocked tables are either for Centurion members or “parties of four or more” per signage.
Self Service is great. Lots to choose from.
Lots of staff clearing tables and cleaning tables and brushing seats. Impressive.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Here now.
Blocked tables are either for Centurion members or “parties of four or more” per signage.
Self Service is great. Lots to choose from.
Lots of staff clearing tables and cleaning tables and brushing seats. Impressive.
Thanks for the report. Any updates to the menu? We'll be visiting there next week and are looking forward to a layover for once. I'm planning to spend some time at the beer bar if it's open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.