Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Hilton, Delta, Starwood new account bonuses not posted in over a month.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Hilton, Delta, Starwood new account bonuses not posted in over a month.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: MM / UA 1K
After reading silver02accord's success by filing with CFPB, I also filed a complaint and a few days later the long overdue points quietly showed up on my account.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:19 pm

Got a reply from CFPB. It's the exact same letter from Amex, saying "We estimate a resolution to this matter on or before September 10, 2017".

It seems I've run out of options. Maybe if we can get OneMileAtATime or ThePointsGuy or other related blogs to look at this thread and post an article? Anyone with contacts to them? There seems to be may people affected by this issue.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by konoyaro
after reading silver02accord's success by filing with cfpb, i also filed a complaint and a few days later the long overdue points quietly showed up on my account.
👍👍👍
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:35 am

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Both my Delta sign up bonus and HHonors add user bonus has been delayed for a while. Is this delay a widespread issue for EVERYONE?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 4:28 am

Update on this, called in again, agent manually inputted the 35k and closed the investigation. Didn't have a file a CFPB complaint, but still a massive waste of time.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rownada
Both my Delta sign up bonus and HHonors add user bonus has been delayed for a while. Is this delay a widespread issue for EVERYONE?
Not everyone who's ever had one of these cards, of course.

It's more specific than that, and we don't know how specific it is, because most poeple (including you and now me) do not give details about exactly which date you applied for the card, which date you got approved for the card, which date you finished the signup spend, did you do it all with "non-controversial spend" (no giftcards.com or anything like that), and when you billing cycle is relative to when you finished the spend.

It's happening to a lot of people, but because of the lack of detail in datapoints, we don't know how to determine who is being affected and who is not being affected. It may be a window of time relative to one or more of those things I mentioned above, or it may be something else.

I recently had a 10k spend on the second part of the SPG* business card signup bonus post fine for a card which I applied for in the spring and had to finish the first part by summer (and just did) but got the second part (since it was less spend) done faster. But I don't know what's different about my situation from the situations of those people for whom it hasn't posted. (The SPG card is especially complicated since for many recent offers there's a first stage and a second stage [$5k within 3 months + $3k more within 6 months for the business card], and my first stage posted before people started reporting these problems, and only the second stage posted after this thread started. But AFAIK the recent Delta card offers and Hilton Honors card offers only had one spend stage, right?)

* Although this thread's title doesn't mention SPG, SPG cards are also affected, as many recent posts where in this thread:
(which have since been moved into this thread you're in) report.

Last edited by sdsearch; Sep 18, 2017 at 9:16 am Reason: rephrased after some posts moved into this thread
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by bobu
Update on this, called in again, agent manually inputted the 35k and closed the investigation. Didn't have a file a CFPB complaint, but still a massive waste of time.
bobu, did you speak with an agent from the number on the back of the card? I've talked to online chat and phone agents multiple times and they are useless. I waited the 12 weeks and now they opened an investigation which can take more time. I filed a complaint with the CFPB last week, but still nothing.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Still nothing yet for me either. The online chat person I talked to yesterday told me to check back next week too. I don't really want to file a CFPB complaint but maybe I need to.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:18 am

So three days after my CFPB complaint I received a letter that there is a technical issue that should be resolved soon and that my account may be affected. That's it - still no points after more than five months. What now?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by dizzytrix
Got a reply from CFPB. It's the exact same letter from Amex, saying "We estimate a resolution to this matter on or before September 10, 2017".

It seems I've run out of options. Maybe if we can get OneMileAtATime or ThePointsGuy or other related blogs to look at this thread and post an article? Anyone with contacts to them? There seems to be may people affected by this issue.
I messaged TPG a couple of days ago on Facebook and they haven't responded back to me.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
I'm also waiting on the staggered 35k bonus for the SPG Biz card. Signed up around 3/15 and blew past the spending thresholds early. Via chat they said they would open an "investigation," but no word so far.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
Still nothing yet for me either. The online chat person I talked to yesterday told me to check back next week too. I don't really want to file a CFPB complaint but maybe I need to.
Was just a normal rep, they needed supervisor approval but was pretty painless.

Thing is they launched an investigation like 2 months ago, maybe that's why. It wasn't like I complained and got the points right away, I went through live chat maybe 3 times, and called 1 other time. First time waited 6 weeks, then 2 weeks, 2 weeks, etc.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:43 pm

Is this only affecting the co-branded cards? I referred my wife for a Personal Platinum, she was approved, and has started but not completed the spending, and I have not received the referral bonus I should have gotten. Normally, in my experience, the referral bonus shows up as soon as the new cardholder is approved, or at least within a couple of days. We're at about 2 months, so I'm losing hope of it showing up on its own without me complaining. Have others faced problems with referral bonuses posting?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: IHG Silver
A data point I was not expecting, but am selfishly happy I can report. I recently applied for the HH Surpass on 9/2. I met the minimum spend 9/18 and the 100K bonus posted to my HH account on 9/20. So, at least with the round of new offers, AMEX may have "fixed" something. Not sure how much it matters but none of my spend was MS. Covered most of it by paying my homeowners and auto insurance policies. A few other regular purchases and I was there.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by konoyaro
After reading silver02accord's success by filing with CFPB, I also filed a complaint and a few days later the long overdue points quietly showed up on my account.
"Happy" to report after not hearing anything from the CFPB for a couple of weeks, I checked my account last night and saw that they were finally posted and this morning got the notification from the CFPB that Amex responded. In the letter, they acknowledged an issue, but did not go into details.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.