Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Hilton, Delta, Starwood new account bonuses not posted in over a month.

Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum

Originally Posted by jmd001
Hit the $3K spend threshold on 5/13, billing period closed 5/19. Does it really take the 8-12 weeks stated in the T&Cs for the bonus points to post?
To piggyback on this, it looks like that might very well be the case for me. I met the minimum spend some time in May as well but the bonus still hasn't hit. I may contact them again soon and ask what's going on; the good news is that my SPG account does appear to be linked correctly and AmEx themselves confirmed that I met the minimum spend last time I talked to them.

Weirdly I did a AmEx Offer with this card and that seemed to post pretty quickly after completing it. I wonder why bonus/reward posting is so inconsistent.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:52 pm

I am in the same boat. Applied for spg personal and the points posted fairly quickly.

Afterwards opened spg biz with a $20k purchase and the points haven't posted its probably been 4 to 5 months. When I SM them they state I've met the terms today the promo.

I did notice they assigned me a new spg number when I opened the biz account so wondering if they is causing issues.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:18 am

obviously its causing issues. you need to go to spg website and combine the accounts now
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:03 pm

So it's been over a month since my statement closed after hitting my minimum spend ($3000, spent $3003) and I am still waiting for my 100K HHonors points to post. I've called them 3 times so far and they keep saying they are "escalating" this but it seems nothing is happening.

What options do I have?

Thanks.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by dizzytrix
So it's been over a month since my statement closed after hitting my minimum spend ($3000, spent $3003) and I am still waiting for my 100K HHonors points to post. I've called them 3 times so far and they keep saying they are "escalating" this but it seems nothing is happening.

What options do I have?

Thanks.
I think you DID not meet the spend because if you included the annual fee then $3003 not reach the spending limit for $3000? I know this because it happened to me before.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:14 pm

I just completed a minimum spend of 3k for an upgrade offer from the no annual fee card. The 100k points posted within a day or two, almost a week before the current statement closed.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 4:44 pm

No this is after the annual fee. The reps have confirmed that I have indeed spent over $3000, $3003 to be exact.

What are my options? It seems they are just not doing anything about it.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:22 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dizzytrix
So it's been over a month since my statement closed....
What do the terms of the offer say?

Something like this:

Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
You can earn 100,000 Hilton Honors™ Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases on your Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership starting from the date your account is approved. In rare instances, your period to spend $3,000 may be shorter than 3 months if there is a delay in receiving your Card. Also, purchases may fall outside of the 3 month period in some cases, such as a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction. (For example, if you buy goods online, the purchase date may be the date the goods are shipped). Purchases to meet the spend requirement of this offer include those made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the Card Account. Purchases to meet the spend requirement of this offer do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchase of travelers checks, purchase or reloading of prepaid cards, or other cash equivalents. Hilton Honors Bonus Points will be credited to your Hilton Honors account 6-8 weeks after the spend requirement has been reached. Additional Card Members are not eligible to receive this offer. Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification; for more information, visit www.hiltonhonors.com/terms. For questions regarding your Card account, please call the number on the back of your Card. American Express reserves the right to modify or revoke offer at any time.

Last edited by mia; Jul 22, 2017 at 5:33 pm
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:39 pm

So some people are getting it in a day or two others have to wait up to 8 weeks?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:31 pm

I met the spending on the regular card as of 6/6 which is 7 weeks ago. No bonus yet. I checked a couple of times with online chat but they mention having to wait 8 weeks. In my case it was 80k points after $2000 spending.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
I've never had an Amex SPG corporate or personal. Applied for the personal version for the 35K signup bonus and after receiving the card made the minimum spend for both parts of the offer within the first billing cycle.
So far I have not gotten any of the signup bonus points. The first time I spoke to an agent they suggested I wait till the then current cycle closed. When the cycle closed and the points still hadn't posted, I contacted them and they opened an investigation. When asked how long the investigation would take I was told 8 - 12 weeks.
During both conversations with Amex staff, they confirmed that I was eligible for the offer and that I had met the spend - very frustrating that they can can confirm that but can't post the points in a timely fashion...
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:41 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by konoyaro
... frustrating that they can can confirm that but can't post the points in a timely fashion...
What do the terms of the offer say? One I see online today includes this sentence:

Bonus points will appear on your Starwood Preferred Guest statement 8–12 weeks after you reach the spend threshold.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
@mia
Thanks for the reply.
It has been more than 12 weeks since I reached the spend threshold.
The explanation from the agent was that it may take an additional 8 to 12 weeks.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:44 pm

I'm in the same boat. I completed minimum spend first week of May. Its almost 3 months since completing minimum spend and still no points. They opened up a case for me to review, but said it would take 6-8 weeks from when the case was opened (which was mid June). I'm getting antsy because i need these points to complete my honeymoon booking to the Conrad Maldives.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Read from other language sites that many applications done in May have experienced the SAME non posting issues. Looks like the system has a glitch in May that fails to attach the offer to the application link would be my guess.

There are at least a few cases that contacting BBB / CFPB did get the bonuses posted a week or 2 after filing. If your spends pass all the smell tests, you may want to go that route if you need your points now.

Good luck to those who are affected. More wait / work might be needed to get the bonus.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.