Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Hilton, Delta, Starwood new account bonuses not posted in over a month.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Hilton, Delta, Starwood new account bonuses not posted in over a month.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by dizzytrix
I am on my 9th week, no points yet. They have clearly violated their end of the of the contract. What are my options?
Tell AMEX you'll accept a $1,000.00 statement credit in lieu of the bonus; worth more than 100,000 Hilton points, IMO.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:50 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dizzytrix
I am on my 9th week...
From the date of the statement on which the qualifying charges were billed?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 10:50 am

Yes. I'm absolutely sure I'm on my 9th week.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 6:54 pm

Received BCE in April. Never had the card before. Sign up bonus was $100 after $1000 spent which was done in a couple of weeks. Also supposed to receive 10% cash back on restaurant spending up to $2000 for six months. As of August statement have not received either of these bonuses. Numerous calls to chat to customers service. Have heard everything from next statement, six to eight weeks more to it is a known issue which is being worked on. Customer service on the phone is horrible to talk to. They are clueless and put you on hold multiple times while they "check further". I have now put the card in a drawer and will not use it anymore. If I have any cash back on next months statement, since they are always behind, I will use it and that is it.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: star alliance, skymiles
American Express Hilton Surpass

How long does it take for Hilton Honors bonus point to show up on the account after spending requirements have been met please? Anyone has any prior experience?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by crimsonAA
Any update here? I'm 7 weeks in myself and curious to see what to expect once the 8-week mark comes.
It has been 10 weeks for me and no points yet. I opened a case 3 weeks ago and called last week and no updates yet.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:14 pm

Wow. I am definitely not the only one. (thanks for re-stacking my post!) Yes I met my $3K April 29. It has been almost 4 months. I was hoping to use the points for my trip to Asia and Russia in July. Now I am back from the trip and points are still not there.
Numerous calls to Amex. The only conversation i could remember was a promise that points would be posted by June 10. This is very disappointing that American Express is now a company like that.
So the only option is to call BBB?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
Although this thread is for Amex Hilton Surpass, I have had a similar issue with the American Express Skymiles Platinum card. There seems to be a common issue across more American Express cards, not just Hilton. I opened the Delta Skymiles Plat card in April, met spend requirements by the first statement in May. It has been over 90 days since, with no bonus posting, MQM's posting, or a Delta purchase credit! I opened a case a month ago. Whenever I call Amex Customer Care for a status update, I am told that the issue is still being researched and can take 6-8 weeks. I can get a home loan in less time. Needless to say, I am disappointed in Amex Delta Customer Care. The Amex Platinum Membership Rewards Customer Service has been much better.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:35 am

Is there anything we can effectively do about the situation? I get the feeling that Amex will never transfer these points. It seems like somebody deleted an Excel spreadsheet and now they can't restore the data. I tried to find an email address to send them a complaint, since chat and phone don't work at all. The CSR seem to be trained very well in getting rid of you without actually helping at all.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:30 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by belltower
Is there anything we can effectively do about the situation? ...
You can file a complaint with the CFPB:

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/
Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:58 pm

I just want to +1 and subscribe to the thread for updates, too. I finished my spend back in May for the $2K for 80K points and still have not seen the reward points.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:41 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
I just got this card a couple of weeks ago. Even though I put down my Honors' number they created a new one for me. I am hopeful my calls to Amex and Hilton today have fixed that glitch. I should hit the spend in a week or so and keep an eye out of the points. helpful thread!
Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:50 am

I got an email from amex this morning saying they were having known problems crediting honors points to my account.

The email acknowledged the problem but there was no mention of goodwill adjustment for the problem. It only says "we will credit your account ".

Will have to wait and see what happens. I didn't have any sign up bonus pending though. Just regular spend at Hilton.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by maxp0wers
I got an email from amex this morning saying they were having known problems crediting honors points to my account.

The email acknowledged the problem but there was no mention of goodwill adjustment for the problem. It only says "we will credit your account ".
Ditto.

The points have posted to my account. Just normal spend bonus. No additional comp.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:37 pm

I looked at all my statements again and it was clear that we met the spending requirement in May. Our May statement even has a sentence at the end verifying that.

My first credit card was an amex when we came to the states. I really hate to file a claim etc. against them but if that is what it takes, oh well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.