Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Hilton, Delta, Starwood new account bonuses not posted in over a month.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Hilton, Delta, Starwood new account bonuses not posted in over a month.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
As an update, the bonus didn't appear with my August statement either. I called AmEx today and they had to open a case to look into it; hopefully something will come of it.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 2:00 am

Ok, so I filed a complaint with CFPB and got a reply from Amex two days after:

---
We have identified an issue which, regrettably, may have impacted your account. We are
working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and apologize for the disappointment and
inconvenience. We estimate a resolution to this matter on or before September 10, 2017. You
will receive separate notification about this issue and appropriate remediation once it has been
resolved if you are eligible for the bonus.
---

Hopefully I will see the points by Sept 10th.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:29 pm

Bump +1
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: AOPA
Got 60k posted to my account, not sure what it was for. A week later I got a letter from Amex saying that had an issue crediting my accout and now has been fixed.

the points were from 2+ years ago on some referrals!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:20 pm

My wife's points finally posted. It only took nearly five months after we met the initial spend requirement and about a dozen internet chats with Amex support. This was a really disappointing experience, as I had always had great customer service with Amex in the past.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by conde
Although this thread is for Amex Hilton Surpass, I have had a similar issue with the American Express Skymiles Platinum card. There seems to be a common issue across more American Express cards, not just Hilton. I opened the Delta Skymiles Plat card in April, met spend requirements by the first statement in May. It has been over 90 days since, with no bonus posting, MQM's posting, or a Delta purchase credit! I opened a case a month ago. Whenever I call Amex Customer Care for a status update, I am told that the issue is still being researched and can take 6-8 weeks. I can get a home loan in less time. Needless to say, I am disappointed in Amex Delta Customer Care. The Amex Platinum Membership Rewards Customer Service has been much better.
l am having the same issue with you. It's the Delta Gold Skymiles card and l applied back in May. I have met the threshold in August but neither 50 usd statement credit nor 60k bonus miles have posted to my account.
Did you have your regular miles for spending posted?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:55 pm

Met my spending in May and still awaiting the points. Multiple calls with Amex and they keep saying they are trying to resolve the issue. The last call, the rep told me if I needed points to book travel, they would "advance" them so I could book my travel. I don't need them right this moment, but it is definitely annoying that they are having these issues. They say it could take 6-8 weeks for the points to post after the last statement in which the points were earned. It has now been 11 weeks... filing a complaint with CFPB today.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
Originally Posted by visa15
l am having the same issue with you. It's the Delta Gold Skymiles card and l applied back in May. I have met the threshold in August but neither 50 usd statement credit nor 60k bonus miles have posted to my account.
Did you have your regular miles for spending posted?
My monthly spend points posted to Delta as expected. The signup bonus miles, statement credit for Delta purchases, and MQMs (MQMs may not apply for Delta Gold) were missing. I want to give a big thanks to MIA, who recommended submitting a complaint the particular issue to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at https://www.consumerfinance.gov/

I submitted my issue to the CFPB, and American Express addressed my issue within 3 business days. Unfortunately the American Express Delta Customer Care were unable to help after several calls over the past few months. If you want proper and timely resolution after trying customer service first, submitting your legitimate issue to the CFPB is the best way to get it resolved.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: DL PM
I'm having the same issue with my Amex Delta Gold Business card. Its now been about 10 weeks since meeting the spend requirement, they're saying its a 'known issue' and that it could take 6-8 weeks to resolve. I asked them expedite, but still unhappy.

Any advice on wording with the CFPB? Does filing a CFPB complaint have any sort of negative repercussions with your relationship with Amex?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:12 am

I filed a compliant with CCFB and received the 35k SPG points about 4 days later. I don't know if it was coincidence or not, haven't received further communication from amex or CCFB.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:47 am

Still nothing for me too. Apparently this is a known issue where the promotions didn't even show up on the accounts, that's why no bonus. CSR told me that it should be fixed by Sept 13th. Will file CFPB complaint if I don't get anything by then.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: star alliance, skymiles
Originally Posted by dizzytrix

---
We have identified an issue which, regrettably, may have impacted your account. We are
working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and apologize for the disappointment and
inconvenience. We estimate a resolution to this matter on or before September 10, 2017. You
will receive separate notification about this issue and appropriate remediation once it has been
---

Any updates please?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by dizzytrix

---
---

UPDATE: It is September 11th and I have STILL not received my points! I filed ANOTHER complaint with CFPB today. This is getting ridiculous.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL PM
Keep us posted! I'm in the same boat waiting on 30K sky miles.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:52 am

Yes, filed a complaint now with the CFPB, too. Can't be so hard to post the points, Amex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.