Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."

Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2019, 1:30 pm

Also, to add to my earlier post, how difficult is this card to obtain ? I get the idea from previous posts that Amex is selective when approving for this card, even for people with excellent credit.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 7:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Prancer
I tried to sign up for the Blue Business Plus card with a 10K bonus offer. It says I am not eligible for the bonus offer, but still asked me if I wanted to apply. My expenses on the card will be entirely legit (maybe some tax expenses right now).

1) Rejection for the bonus (probably because I have churned some other Amex cards, maybe 1 other this year) Amex shouldn't impact my eligibility for the card itself, is that correct ? I have other Amex cards (not near the limit) and excellent credit in general. I don't want to waste a credit pull.

2) This card does allow transfers as well, right ? It's not like the Chase or Citi cards that don't allow transfers ? If so, it's clearly superior to something like the Amex Everyday card, which is also no fee, but gives only 1 MR per $ spent (but that card does allow transfers).
I have this card and transfers do work. I have no other primary MR Amex.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:23 am

Blue Business Plus not able to transfer to partners?

Hi, I have a platinum card and a blue business plus card. I called to cancel my platinum today, and the representative told me that without the platinum, the MR points on the BBP card cannot be transferred to airline/hotel partners, since the BBP is on a ‘MR express’ program. Is that true? This is the first time I’ve heard about it and I’ve always been under the impression that BBP has the same MR program
Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:03 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by feelhong
....impression that BBP has the same MR program
You are correct. Blue Business Plus earn regular Membership Rewards points, and they are transferable. However, there is an older card called Blue for Business which participates in the Express version.
levilevi likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Hi, I have a platinum card and a blue business plus card. I called to cancel my platinum today, and the representative told me that without the platinum, the MR points on the BBP card cannot be transferred to airline/hotel partners, since the BBP is on a ‘MR express’ program. Is that true? This is the first time I’ve heard about it and I’ve always been under the impression that BBP has the same MR program
As MIA says, that is incorrect. I have a BBP as my only primary Amex and transfer MR to airline partners all the time.
levilevi likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Either you or the agent got the Blue Business Plus confused with Blue for Business. Which one of you was it?

Does you card earn 2x on everything (until you reach the $$$$$ annual cap)? If so, it's really the Blue Business Plus, and has normal Membership Rewards. And so that means the agent got confused.

But if your card earns 1x on everything, you've got the Blue for Business, not the Blue Business Plus, and it has Membership Rewards Express (if you don't have another card that has normal Membership Rewards). That would mean the agent was correct.

But in any case, even if you have Blue for Business, you could open a no-AF Amex Everyday card today, which has normal Membership Rewards, and that would solve the problem. (You can't, however, product convert the Platinum charge card to any no-AF card, because only product convert a charge card to another charge card, and Amex has no charge cards without an AF.)
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Either you or the agent got the Blue Business Plus confused with Blue for Business. Which one of you was it?

Does you card earn 2x on everything (until you reach the $$$$$ annual cap)? If so, it's really the Blue Business Plus, and has normal Membership Rewards. And so that means the agent got confused.

But if your card earns 1x on everything, you've got the Blue for Business, not the Blue Business Plus, and it has Membership Rewards Express (if you don't have another card that has normal Membership Rewards). That would mean the agent was correct.

But in any case, even if you have Blue for Business, you could open a no-AF Amex Everyday card today, which has normal Membership Rewards, and that would solve the problem. (You can't, however, product convert the Platinum charge card to any no-AF card, because only product convert a charge card to another charge card, and Amex has no charge cards without an AF.)
Thanks all for the responses. Yea my guess is the agent got it wrong. I called BBP customer service and then another amex plat agent and both said BBP can transfer to travel partners. False alarm!
sdsearch likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:45 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I wasn't ready to get the BBP in December when it had the 20K bonus despite seeing banner ads on the website when I logged in saying i was pre-approved. Are there any data points as to when or whether they will offer the BBP with a sign up bonus in the future or was the 20K a rare deal?

Last edited by mia; Jan 24, 2020 at 6:04 am
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Graciecatt
I wasn't ready to get the BBP in December when it had the 20K bonus despite seeing banner ads on the website when I logged in saying i was pre-approved. Are there any data points as to when or whether they will offer the BBP with a sign up bonus in the future or was the 20K a rare deal?
Maybe you have a friend or family member with an Amex who can provide a referral link. It's possible for an Amex holder to refer you, even if they don't have the exact same card you want. That would work out better.

Last edited by mia; Jan 24, 2020 at 6:09 am
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Graciecatt
A family member applied recently (<2 weeks ago) with the banner. The banner also showed up in December, went away, and then showed up again so perhaps you just need to give it a few days and also check in your Amex offers b/c it showed up there as well. We could always go the referral route, but the referral is 15K MR for $5K MSR and the banner was 20K MR/$3K MSR so we decided to go for the lower spend and more miles for the applicant.

Last edited by mia; Jan 24, 2020 at 6:09 am
Old Jan 24, 2020, 6:08 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator reminder

Please do not "offer" referrals outside of the designated thread.

Please do not "request" referrals in any thread. Use the PM system to contact someone who is offering the referral that you need in the designated thread:

American Express Referral Offers (Read Wiki before posting).
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:22 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
Please do not "offer" referrals outside of the designated thread.

Please do not "request" referrals in any thread. Use the PM system to contact someone who is offering the referral that you need in the designated thread:

American Express Referral Offers (Read Wiki before posting).
I'm so sorry - thank you. I didn't know about the referral thread.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 7:07 pm

Anyone have any tips for getting targeted for the 20k SUB recently?

I've seen targeted links, but when I'm forced to login to apply, the offer is not available.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by jdel06
Anyone have any tips for getting targeted for the 20k SUB recently?

I've seen targeted links, but when I'm forced to login to apply, the offer is not available.
I have had this card for a while and my referrals are always only for 10k SUB. I think when the card first came out, it was 20k. Maybe a point multiplier on first few months too. Can’t remember.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 8:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Even with a 10K SUB it is worth it to just grab this card. biz amex offers have been amazing and have saved/earned a lot of $$$ from their offers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.