Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."

Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by mia
Perseverance pays. On the third attempt I have received a Contactless version of this card.
Does your exp and CID code change when you change to Contactless version?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 12:30 pm
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by levilevi
Does your exp and CID code change when you change to Contactless version?
Yes
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:32 am

Any recent data points about still getting the 20k MR? I don't even see a sign-up bonus for my AMEX account on the BBP...
Old Nov 3, 2018, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lax01
Any recent data points about still getting the 20k MR? I don't even see a sign-up bonus for my AMEX account on the BBP...
Just the other day, I looked at Credit Cards on the top left menu while logged into my account, and a BBP 20k signup offer ($5k spend requirement) was one of the three things it displayed (along with an HH Ascend->HH Aspire upgrade and a Gold->Plat upgrade). I have the older Blue for Business card (and have had other business cards from Amex in the past), in case it matters.
lax01 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 5:05 pm

Has anyone else had issues with their referral link for this card? I have 5 Amex cards eligible for referrals at the moment, and the other 4 links work fine. Every time I try to follow the link to my referral for the BBP, though, I get an error that something went wrong. Doesn't matter which browser, private vs. not private session, etc.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:36 am

This card seems to have disappeared from my renewal referral options...are they getting rid of this?

Last edited by lax01; Apr 20, 2019 at 1:22 pm
Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:46 am
mia
Original Poster

....from my renewal options...
Do you mean referral?

The card is prominently featured here:

https://creditcard.americanexpress.c...s-drawer-blue/
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Do you mean referral?

The card is prominently featured here:

https://creditcard.americanexpress.c...s-drawer-blue/
Yup, corrected and I was trying to self-refer myself from another Biz card - weird, so no-sign on bonus and I can't self-refer? Don't see the value...
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:39 pm
mia
Original Poster

.... Don't see the value...
Don't see the value in a free card that earns two transferable points per dollar for general domestic spending?
Thunderroad and levilevi like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Yup, corrected and I was trying to self-refer myself from another Biz card - weird, so no-sign on bonus and I can't self-refer? Don't see the value...
Looks the the 10k sign up bonus that comes with the referral is gone...

I held out as well from signing up for this card when there was no sign up bonus. Missed the 20k, but got in on the 10k referral
lax01 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 10:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by mia
Don't see the value in a free card that earns two transferable points per dollar for general domestic spending?
Indeed, this is my go-to card for all spending that doesn’t get the 3x or 5x bonus.
levilevi likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by dhuey

Indeed, this is my go-to card for all spending that doesn’t get the 3x or 5x bonus.
+1

For my own purposes, I even think it's worthwhile for some payments that have fees associated with them (such as federal taxes with a 1.7 percent fee), but this is clearly a YMMV kind of thing.

We're holding out on my wife getting one, given the possibility (though possibly unlikely) of a new (albeit modest) sign-up bonus becoming available.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by mia
In my defense, I think this is going to be the last AMEX card I can open for awhile...so don't want to open one that isn't providing a bonus...and I already have the Preferred Credit card which provides 1.5MR per $....the .5MR per dollar just doesn't seem worth it without the min-spend bonus (plus self-referral bonus)
Old Apr 21, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
In my defense, I think this is going to be the last AMEX card I can open for awhile...so don't want to open one that isn't providing a bonus...and I already have the Preferred Credit card which provides 1.5MR per $....the .5MR per dollar just doesn't seem worth it without the min-spend bonus (plus self-referral bonus)
If you view it as a 2% (minimum, depending upon how you value MR points) rebate card with no annual fee...AND it preserves your MR points if you decide to cancel other AMEX MR cards, then it makes sense to obtain the card and hold it forever (or until AMEX changes the T&Cs.) A self-referral bonus is icing on the cake.
lax01 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:27 pm

I tried to sign up for the Blue Business Plus card with a 10K bonus offer. It says I am not eligible for the bonus offer, but still asked me if I wanted to apply. My expenses on the card will be entirely legit (maybe some tax expenses right now).

1) Rejection for the bonus (probably because I have churned some other Amex cards, maybe 1 other this year) Amex shouldn't impact my eligibility for the card itself, is that correct ? I have other Amex cards (not near the limit) and excellent credit in general. I don't want to waste a credit pull.

2) This card does allow transfers as well, right ? It's not like the Chase or Citi cards that don't allow transfers ? If so, it's clearly superior to something like the Amex Everyday card, which is also no fee, but gives only 1 MR per $ spent (but that card does allow transfers).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.