Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."

Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:32 pm

Programs: American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by mia
I think there is little possibility that a front line customer service agent would know the details of every targeted offer that the company has outstanding, but it could well be that there are no valid public offers today for this card.
Called two more times. Once in the morning, once just now at 8:30pm ET. Both reps said that they do not have any offers on this card unless I have RSVP code. This rep tonight even went as far as to say that she gets compensated on the sales of new CC sign ups so she would like to give something to me so I sign up, but she didn't have anything.

Does anybody have a code they aren't using?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Filler03
Called two more times. Once in the morning, once just now at 8:30pm ET. Both reps said that they do not have any offers on this card unless I have RSVP code. This rep tonight even went as far as to say that she gets compensated on the sales of new CC sign ups so she would like to give something to me so I sign up, but she didn't have anything.

Does anybody have a code they aren't using?
Amex RSVP codes I've seen are personalized. They won't work for someone else. When you put in the code, it prefills your name. At least the ones I've seen... it's possible there are some that are not, I guess.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:01 pm

Has anyone been able to refer this card to someone else?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Has anyone been able to refer this card to someone else?
Just saw a referral when I logged in.

You can earn: 10,000 Membership RewardsŪ points for each approved referral – up to 55,000 points per calendar year.* Terms Apply.
Each friend can earn: 10,000 Membership RewardsŪ points after they use their new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership.

Last edited by Troopers; Feb 27, 2018 at 5:39 pm
Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium

You can earn: 10,000 Membership RewardsŪ points for each approved referral – up to 55,000 points per calendar year.* Terms Apply.
Each friend can earn: 10,000 Membership RewardsŪ points after they use their new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
I've seen this language on my PRG homepage and always wondered how they arrived at a max of 55K points per year for referrals when each referral is 10,000 points. The sixth referral is only 50% as important as the previous five referrals? :shrug emoji:
Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:49 pm

Thanks Troopers. Hadn't logged in in awhile and I also see the offer. May refer my wife. Besides 2x on everything its great to have a no AF Amex card so you don't have to worry about losing a stash when you cancel a high AF card (looking at you Amex Platinum).
Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Robl
Thanks Troopers. Hadn't logged in in awhile and I also see the offer. May refer my wife. Besides 2x on everything its great to have a no AF Amex card so you don't have to worry about losing a stash when you cancel a high AF card (looking at you Amex Platinum).
In a word: Ameriprise.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
In a word: Ameriprise.
Yup that's my Platinum card but I will be canceling next month when second year AF is due.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
any datapts that applying for this card still does not result in a hard pull?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Datapoints won't help you, because the whole thing about not getting hard pull is YMMV. It not only varies from person to person, it varies from application to application.

Basically, if you're an existing Amex customer, Amex appears to evaluate somehow (we don't know how) whether the data it already has on you is sufficient to make a credit decision without doing a new hard pull.

A new Amex customer will thus always get a hard pull on at least their first card (because Amex has no prior data on them).

Whether you get a hard pull or not has nothing to do with this specific card. It has to do with the Amex application processes overall, and your history with Amex.

See this thread for more:

No Initial Hard Credit Pull for Existing Amex Cardholders?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Robl
yeah, got the card for the same reason. MR safety net when I travel less and my Corporate Amex is downgraded. With 2x miles, I can't complain.

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Got a HP with Experian (NY) but it was my first non-Corp Amex.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:05 am

After googling I found a link to 10k with 3k spend. Approved in 30 seconds, card arriving in 2-3 days. I've got some bills to pay so hope the card arrives ASAP. Once I've had it for a week or two it's on to referring the card to my husband, and friends. This card is a no-brainer: no AF, 2 points per dollar spend, won't show on my credit and another card for Amex offers.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone successfully product traded from the prior blue for business card to this blue for business plus?

One rep told me sometime back that once the prior card hit 13 months, I should be able to trade. The online rep said no. Wondering whether it's worth trying to find a phone rep who can help. TIA.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaveH
Has anyone successfully product traded from the prior blue for business card to this blue for business plus?

One rep told me sometime back that once the prior card hit 13 months, I should be able to trade. The online rep said no. Wondering whether it's worth trying to find a phone rep who can help. TIA.
I was told by a phone agent some mumbo jumbo that I can't because the Blue for Business card I have earns 1x and the Blue Business Plus earns 2x. I've never heard of such a restriction before, so I don't know if that's a real reason or if they were making it up. But I was calling at over 13 months, maybe even 14 months, within the last month I think, right after the "$1000 minimum was added for the business income field in online business card applications. (I didn't ask if there was anything else I could convert to, because I didn't want to convert to anything else.)
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:26 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Is there a compelling reason to product change to Blue Business Plus and forego the 10,000 point new account bonus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.