Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."

Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
Are MR really that valuable? I have a few other 2%+ cards (Spark, Arrival+) but if it would be valuable to generate 100K MR a year then maybe its worth it to get this card over one of the Delta cards. I guess the question for me is how much more valuable is 100K MR than $1000 or $1050? If these were Chase UR I know I calculate those as about 1.8c as that's what I get transferring to Hyatt, but I'm not a MR expert.
IMHO MR would be more valuable to someone who do lots of international travel. The hotel transfer partners are not as attractive due to a variety of reasons. So ultimately, it depends on your personal goals and lifestyle.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:39 am
JCN

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, National Exec
The way I see it, I'm taking a run at Membership Rewards points now. My system is set up for accumulating max MR points (everyday preferred for bonus spend & now blue biz plus for all non-bonus spend). These points add to the generous sign up bonuses I received (100k personal plat, 30k everday pref, 20 blue biz plus). At some point I'll run out of MR sign up bonuses available to me and will switch to Chase, Starwood, Citi, etc. For now, enjoying MR and there are plenty of transfer partners to take advantage of.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by JCN
The way I see it, I'm taking a run at Membership Rewards points now. My system is set up for accumulating max MR points (everyday preferred for bonus spend & now blue biz plus for all non-bonus spend). These points add to the generous sign up bonuses I received (100k personal plat, 30k everday pref, 20 blue biz plus). At some point I'll run out of MR sign up bonuses available to me and will switch to Chase, Starwood, Citi, etc. For now, enjoying MR and there are plenty of transfer partners to take advantage of.
For someone just starting out in bonus points/miles game I recommend doing all Chase cards first in view of 5/24. Citi, Amex, Barclay's don't seem to care about cards with other banks.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:13 am

Anyone have issues adding the card to existing account after immediate approval? I keep getting the following message:
We apologize for the inconvenience. This Card cannot be added to your existing Online Account. Please set up a new Online Account by completing the fields below.
How soon do you see the credit bureau information update if their was a hard pull?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:27 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cdog999
Anyone have issues adding the card to existing account after immediate approval?
Yes, several reports earlier in thread. Should be no problem if you wait until you receive the physical card.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

only business, no personal version?

what is current situation re having business card without business?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:45 am
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri

what is current situation re having business card without business?
American Express doesn't seem even slightly interested in whether you actually have a business.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

any changes to how you signup for business cards without business?

i guess they may add personal blue plus
(also interesting they have both blue & EDC)
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:03 am
mia
Original Poster

Business application includes an additional section with fields like: Industry Type, Company Structure, Years in Business, Number of Employees, Annual Business Revenue, Estimated Monthly Spend, Federal Tax ID number. Many of these are pull down menus with ranges. (You will ALSO provide information about your personal income, home address, etc and that's what will be used to evaluate the application.) Answer truthfully. I suggest you start an application and post back if you aren't sure how to answer.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so how do people fill those out? seems different from what i recall a while ago, which figures considering how different personal applications have also become.

im assuming no one has heard (rumors) re a personal version coming soon.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:36 am
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
so how do people fill those out?
Industry Type: Other
Company Structure:Sole proprietorship
Years in Business: Lowest range or 0
Number of Employees: Lowest range or 0
Annual Business Revenue: Lowest range
Estimated Monthly Spend: I use the amount required to earn bonus
Federal Tax ID number: Social Security number

Don't overthink this. Issuers want to issue business cards, and they want us to use them, but they cannot openly market them for personal use.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:34 pm

Sole Proprietorship and Amex Blue Biz Plus

I make some extra monthly income from renting a room in my house. I get paid in cash so it's not taxible. I've agreed to pay some bills, etc as well. would my application most likely get approved?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by mjgoldstein9
I make some extra monthly income from renting a room in my house. I get paid in cash so it's not taxible.
Pretty sure it's taxable. Perhaps "not traceable" would be a better description.

I've agreed to pay some bills, etc as well. would my application most likely get approved?
Probably. I don't think they really care how much of a business your business actually is.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by vsuri
I am one of them. Did not see a hard pull.
i did not see a hard pull. Have another business card. Received same credit line.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks mia

indeed, not taxed because not reported is not the same as "not taxable"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.