Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion and Platinum access to Escape Lounges (aka Centurion Studio)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion and Platinum access to Escape Lounges (aka Centurion Studio)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:42 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
...AX won't reimburse.....
Originally Posted by brp
.... didn't realize that the lounge was not compensated ....
I think Eastbay1K means that American Express will pay them for the cardholder plus two guests, but not for the third guest.
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:44 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
I think Eastbay1K means that American Express will pay them for the cardholder plus two guests, but not for the third guest.
Thanks. A little slow sometimes. Let's see...Not Monday and I've had coffee...no excuse

Cheers.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: Various
New Lounges Added Since Orig Thread GSP + ONT

There have been updates since this thread started, with the addition of Lounges at some airports. ONT at T 2 was recently added, and a second ONT Lounge is shwong to be added at T4 in the coming months (Spring 2018)

Airport Lounges | Escape Lounges | Escape Lounges

I was in the ONT Lounge last week, and I’d compare it to a Flagship Lounge (American Airlines) as far as amenities. Just keep in mind that airline related updates, boarding, and troubleshooting is not part of what they offer at these Lounges.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by brp
Makes sense. Thanks. I didn't realize that the lounge was not compensated for this. A firm NO is very reasonable. We'll be there ourselves in March to check it out. Of course, I'll try in May, while being prepared for denial

With a 6:40AM flight, not really worth paying much at all.

Cheers.
It’d be $40 if you prebook. You’d have over an hour in a nice lounge with good breakfast options. Should be few people in there that early. I think it’s very much worth paying the $40 so that the four of you can be in there. It’s the only nice part of Terminal 1.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dhuey

It’d be $40 if you prebook. You’d have over an hour in a nice lounge with good breakfast options. Should be few people in there that early. I think it’s very much worth paying the $40 so that the four of you can be in there. It’s the only nice part of Terminal 1.
Currently $29 on Groupon. $55 for admission for 2.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:35 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dhuey
This is a valid consideration. I'm inherently cheap when it comes to airport lounges. Between Priority Pass, Amex Plat and AA EXP, I expect all my lounges to be free And they usually are because it's typically just the two of us. We'll be there in March to check it out in advance of the May trip.

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Currently $29 on Groupon. $55 for admission for 2.
Now that's not a bad deal. Thanks. And the invalid times are weekdays, 12pm-7pm, which certainly won't impact a Saturday morning 6:40AM flight

Cheers.
Old May 5, 2019, 10:00 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
ONT terminal 4 location reported open:

ONT Terminal 4
Old May 5, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
I have 2 separate platinum cards can I guest four people into an escape lounge without paying additional fees?

​​​
Old May 5, 2019, 9:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by nissan720
I have 2 separate platinum cards can I guest four people into an escape lounge without paying additional fees?

​​​
Pretty sure the answer to your question is "no". Entry is linked to your boarding pass....once you have the first two guests on that boarding pass, you're paying for additional guests.
Old May 5, 2019, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by nissan720

​​​
I don’t think that will work. See https://www.escapelounges.com/americ...nd-conditions/

The “Card Member” may bring in up to two guests. You’re only one card member, even though you have two cards. You could give it a shot, but I would have low expectations.
Old May 6, 2019, 11:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Haven’t seen much talk about BDL, maybe because it’s a really small airport but I’ve been to all the escape lounges and I think I’ll put BDL at the top. The food although small is the best among domestic lounges I’ve ever had (the salmon plates are restaurant quality) plus the alcohol selection is really good. Usually fly out in the morning so get a ton of mimosas.

The staff however are by far the best in any domestic lounge I’ve been. Being a small airport you see the same folks every time and they remember your name and take care of you
dhuey likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by verbyournoun
Haven’t seen much talk about BDL, maybe because it’s a really small airport but I’ve been to all the escape lounges and I think I’ll put BDL at the top. The food although small is the best among domestic lounges I’ve ever had (the salmon plates are restaurant quality) plus the alcohol selection is really good. Usually fly out in the morning so get a ton of mimosas.

The staff however are by far the best in any domestic lounge I’ve been. Being a small airport you see the same folks every time and they remember your name and take care of you
Agree 100%. That's the best example of a what smaller market lounge should be.
dhuey likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 2:22 pm

Very much like that at the OAK Escape Lounge. I was there a few hours ago. Some of the friendliest folks you’ll ever encounter in the travel industry.
Old May 7, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by verbyournoun

Yes indeed, that salmon is wonderful.

BDL has lavatories inside the lounge, unlike MSP.

When I was there, on a Monday (midafternoon) the place was filled with families traveling with small children (most adults had multiple toddlers). I was surprised that free access was allowed for all those kids. It also wasn't obvious to me why the would be so many kids at such a time, although I didn't look for any obvious family vacation flights on the departure monitors.
Old May 8, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: Various
ONT T4 is opening next week sometime, and will be open all day and Into the night (9pm).

ONT T2 has already scaled back, and closes from 11am until 3pm.

PHX has a temporary Esc Lounge in T3 High B gates (old The Club) but will eventually be full scale be end of year.

Supposedly, SMF is next on the list to open a lounge, according to signage posted somewhere at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.